What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to my Doctor friends for another treatment on my wife's back this afternoon..

Yeah , after the last meeting with the Orthopedics Institute idiots...we told them to go jump.

My friend Doc, has 90% relieved the pain, in 1 week, 6 treatments, and is still working on her....with no surgeries .:thumbs up:

She's happy, I'm happy, and Doc is happy.:woo hoo:

We always take him out to eat after the treatment... least we can do.:cool:

Jim

Going back to my Doctor friends for another treatment on my wife's back this afternoon..

Yeah , after the last meeting with the Orthopedics Institute idiots...we told them to go jump.

My friend Doc, has 90% relieved the pain, in 1 week, 6 treatments, and is still working on her....with no surgeries .:thumbs up:

She's happy, I'm happy, and Doc is happy.:woo hoo:

We always take him out to eat after the treatment... least we can do.:cool:

Jim
praise the Lord

Please be very careful. I thought I read you were going to get a scooter.

I have one and a friend just brought me a nice walker. The splint I have to wear is metal and on the front of my leg. I keep padding it but it's still making the shin sore. I'm just trying to get more mobile.

Are you a nurse, too?

just made a german chocolate cake for a friend. it's his birthday. when i get back from delivering it , gonna start canning. hubby is burning trash. daughter is cleaning the dishes from cake baking. while we are out going to make a quick run to wal-mart.

Up at 3 am to see my youngest off to his new job, back to bed by 4, up at 7 with dogs, started coffee, checked on mom, fell asleep, up at 10 to cold coffee, did dishes, made a cheese ball, more dishes, made lunch, heading out after bit to pick up friends and head to another friends for an evening of cards and laughter and maybe a little wine! Hoping I won't have to get up at 3, Eeeeek!

I am getting the laundry washed and put away. I want to start Monday with almost zero laundry. That way I can work on decluttering and cleaning. Time to start re-packing and looking for a new place that fits the community and price we can pay for rent. This house is a mess. Things are always breaking and the workmen that are sent to make repairs are lazy jerks trying to scam the landlord. Breaking things or half-assing the repairs. Driving me up the wall.

I won't even go in to the issues my parents are having with the installation company that they hired to install their new dishwasher. Let me give you an idea... flooding, damaged walls, black mold, asbestos, water damage... etc.

Jake doing business with one of the neighbors today. He traded a corn cob pipe, an Indian scraper, pocket knife,$5 and the promise of 5 skinned gray squirrels ready for the frying pan for 36 caliber muzzle loader.

deal1.jpg

deal2.jpg

deal3.jpg

Had a wonderful day at church today :).

We got home and sorted out the cherry tomatoes we had freezing on a tray and packaged up 6 meal packages and washed and put a bowl and a half of other cherry tomatoes we picked from the gardens on a tray in the freezer. Once these are frozen we will package those too. We saved some for seed and will tomorrow pull up the spent tomato plants and plant some more seed.

Probably not much. Hubby fashioned me a temporary wheel chair ramp so I can get out of the house better. 3. More. Weeks.! We did manage to get out and take a ride around our lake yesterday. Probably going to watch the Super bowl. Not sure how interested my Jim us in it and I'm not a football person. We'll be watching our church service live on TV today. I'm hoping to be back by next week. I miss being around my church family.
I guess I need to talk him through some laundry and picking stuff up today in case we have visitors.

Have the dehydrator filled with mixed veggies, and a roast sliced up and marinating for beef jerky. That goes in next. Finished a dozen or so cakes in a mug yesterday. Getting ready to get chores done. We're either going to go to the museum in town today, or to a movie. It all depends on how well hubby gets around with the walker and how he feels. It's usually a great day to do this, as everyone else is home watching tv. No superbowl party here, but everyone still wants the dinner snacks. I'll be making roast beef nachos, jalapeno poppers, chicken wings...
Hoping to get some soap made with a kit I bought, Never made it before. Our granddaughter bought a calligraphy pen yesterday, so I've been helping her with beginning lettering. Next week is a killer at work, I need to be in by 6, as my morning opener will be on vacation on week. Long days ahead.

Hoping to get some soap made with a kit I bought, Never made it before. .
I have never made soap either, but there are a few people on Youtube who do and show how it is done. Like all things self sufficient, having the set-up or gear, would be important, IMHO. I am not setup to make soap, but wish I was.

My daughter had a floor hockey qualifications today. They won the first one. Lost the next two. They played their hearts out. I'm prowed of her and her team.

I made a opps. just found out last night was just a tournament, in april is the provincial qualifiers. sorry about the confusion

I went through the freezer in the house. I took all the miscellaneous frozen meat and put it in a basket in the freezer outside. Then I tossed all foods that were freezer burnt and we'll never eat. All the foods for the kids that I keep in the freezer went in to a basket for easy access. The freezer looks bare. To be honest with the deep freeze the house freezer should only be used for making ice and as transition for the kids' frozen foods. Maybe ice cream in the summer.

I am pounding away at the laundry and the dishes.

I must be on one of my cleaning/declutter binges. I got more dishes done and laundry. I am going through the totes of baby clothes and pulling out what Juju can use now (or within the next few months) and what I can sell. The rest will be donated. That will help clear out the junk we don't need.

Ever onward.

I got all the bills paid except one from the VA, haven’t been there in 6 months so why are they sending me a bill? I find bills that don’t fit in the envelope provided really annoying. Almost as bad as medical bills in general. These days you have to pay everyone involved individually and half of them work for someone out of state. I got a bill from a doctor group in florida, haven’t been to florida in 30 years, so who am I paying and why?:mad:

We ended up at a museum today and then out to lunch. The twins and our youngest daughter had a great time. Came back and youngest daughter and I ended up making candles today (instead of soap). Used essential oils to scent. I made a good sized one with dehydrated rose petals from our garden last year and scented it with frankincense. Also one with orange and cedarwood. Youngest daughter likes chai, and I had just dry canned a bunch of chai mix. Today she used the same spices and made chai candles. Husband is watching the superbowl. I'm not a fan.

Just got back from the mtn place. Internet and cell were really bad this trip for some reason. Got the last of the old drywall and insulation ripped out. Now we can start framing the walls where we want them, run the new electrical and put in new insulation and drywall.

A few pictures from the game camera.

Screenshot_20180203-165405.jpg
Screenshot_20180203-170741.jpg
Screenshot_20180203-170827.jpg
Screenshot_20180203-181156.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back