What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone! She is wrapped up in blankets with a bucket watching a movie with our other sickie, while the other kids are hanging out in the family room waiting to watch church on TV. Our oldest boy came home to have lunch and drive his grandparents to the airport.

Took my daughter and her best friend to the roller skating rink. I have joined all the other dads along the wall staring at our phones whilst our Junior high age daughter's zip around the rink and gossip about the junior high boys...and the junior high boys act like fools trying to impress our daughters. It is a very awkward place...:D

Skated since a kid, taught my kids and half my grandkids to skate before they were 3. Roller skates and softball my two favoeite.

Thank you everyone! She is wrapped up in blankets with a bucket watching a movie with our other sickie, while the other kids are hanging out in the family room waiting to watch church on TV. Our oldest boy came home to have lunch and drive his grandparents to the airport.

I hope no one else gets sick and the kid and the Mrs get well soon.

Thinking of you and yours @Sentry18 . Sounds like this is something that is going to make the rounds through the household, hope you don't go down for the count. :( Lots of fresh mints from a good produce section will help, lots of fresh ginger root will help also... get it into a smoothie or something they can keep down. What would help the most doesn't grow in snow country and can't be purchased in a store. Got any colloidal silver in the house? A tea spoon wouldn't hurt.

I'm not going to take down the two trees against the hay barn today like I intended. The safest way to do it alone required getting on top of the barn and taking them down in sections. It's been drizzling rain off and on this morning. Chainsaws and slippery tin roofs are a mix made for the emergency room. I think I'll pass on that. I'd had enough of hospitals this week already.

Got some necessary inside things done this morning. Going to hang a new overhead led light in the tool room after lunch. About time for sports to come on the tv... I'll catch the race and a little football. I'm exhausted. I really need to sit and rest. Maybe I'll just sit and watch that new overhead light in case it tries to install itself. ;)

Thanks again for your concern everyone. When you have a big family like ours we are very good at quarantining areas of the house, disinfecting often, washing hands constantly, and keeping it from becoming a localized pandemic. Yesterday the little one wanted to snuggle with her Mom and since she was already run down from a long hard week I think she was extra susceptible. I made her some Ginger tea at lunch time from fresh ginger and she seems to be doing okay. The little one no longer has a fever and is keeping all food down so it seems to be a 48-60 hour bug.

I think you'll enjoy your new cruise mobile, @Sentry18 . Sorry about all the puking. We haven't had puking in the house in years. Fingers crossed.
I thought I was doing better and was looking forward to getting stuff done yesterday but no. Feel droopy and snotty. Maybe tomorrow. Still gotta work.
Today...nothing much.

Sunday School
Main worship service
Take the wife out to the resturant of her choice for lunch
Deprime brass from yesterday's match
Wet tumble the brass to clean
Turn on the TV to watch football
Wake up from a nap
Collect eggs.
Remove the brass from the tumbler to air dry.
Wife doesn't plan on Sunday supper. I munch on some junk food while watching a different football and debate on another nap.
Wondering where MoBook is?

Last edited:
Wondering where MoBook is?

Me too! She's usually around. Hope everyone with sicknesses get well soon and don't pass it around!

I got home Friday evening about 6:30 and tore out my okra plants (trees) and put down a bag of lime. Garden area tilled Saturday. I brought home Broccoli, cauliflower and collard green starts and mustard green seeds to plant today before it rains tomorrow.

Got all Christmas cards written in but not all addressed yet. Sent a little mason jar lid ornament and a card to a friend in Germany and it cost almost $15. May be the last ornament she gets for a while.

Been using the heck out of the new (used) air fryer. Have made buffalo chicken wings and chicken tenders, BBQ boneless ribs, french fries from my home canned potatoes and sweet potato fries from the ones grown in the garden. When and if I get another, it will definitely be bigger.

Taking one cat to the animal shelter tomorrow (not ours, just hanging around).

Have to get ingredients for mass quantities of dog food tomorrow--making it overnight in the new roaster Monday night.

Will get out to the garden as soon as I am done here!

The boy and I took a circle looking for gray squirrels, we came up empty handed this afternoon . I guess we could have ate tonight if we had to but it would have been coral mushrooms a box turtle and a couple of bullfrogs the boy caught at the pond.
221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

Adulting today.

Went to the Dept of Transport and brought new license plates for the car and got them re-registered.
I got really dirt getting down on my backside in the parking lot to put the new ones on.
No way was I going anywhere without the new plates on the vehicle.l

The speeding ticket will be paided next pension.
Thank goodness I have built up my rent buffer again so I can pay the fine in full.
I totally own the fact I did the wrong thing and the ticket is the result.
It's the first time I have ever had a traffic violation in all my years of driving and the first demerit points lost.
This lesson doesn't need reenforcing that's for certain.

Feeling sympathy for you Tank. A couple of years ago I was moving mom to Kansas. A Dodge City cop wrote me for 12 miles over. It was pricey. I hadn't had a ticket in years and years. Boy, mom didn't let me forget it. In my defense, the speed limit was 65 and changed to 55 when he got me.
Made it to Denver, unpacked the bags, ordering Chinese. Husband has the first doctor visit at 7:45 a.m. Dinner with Weedy tomorrow! Hi Weedy!
Hope all of your family feels better, Sentry.
Hope you feel better, Patchouli!

Momio and I picked up a dual fuel stove for the new house and worked on a deer blind. Also checked out a prospective church in the new town. Yesterday we put plywood walls up in the “unfinished” mechanical room at the new place as covering the walls wasn’t in the bid. Lots of cutouts for pipes and wiring but apart from cutting one trim piece three times it went well and was very satisfying.

Momio and I picked up a dual fuel stove for the new house and worked on a deer blind. Also checked out a prospective church in the new town. Yesterday we put plywood walls up in the “unfinished” mechanical room at the new place as covering the walls wasn’t in the bid. Lots of cutouts for pipes and wiring but apart from cutting one trim piece three times it went well and was very satisfying.

Sounds productive Dadio, but whats a " duel fuel " stove?

Not much happening here I did make acratch drop biscuits yesterday and helped hubby scramble eggs. Lots of new first but hoping its temperary.
Suns out today and I feel good.

Found out my scan was this morning... oops! I canceled 3hrs before the time. Went to town anyway and picked up a bottle of redi-cat 2 and rescheduled the scan for tomorrow. redi-cat 2 tastes crappy but a upper GI scan is always better than the other end. Last time I had one of those I to drink a gallon of nasty tasting stuff starting the night before. I can drink redi-cat starting 2 hours before an upper GI scan. It's really not that bad in comparison.

I'm going to do a little more adjusting on the height of the led shop light I mounted yesterday. I can finally see in the little tool room though... I have some led strip lights somewhere. If I can find them it won't hurt to mount and wire those into the same circuit.

Let there be Light!

tool room 01_v1.jpg

Sounds productive Dadio, but whats a " duel fuel " stove?

It means it uses 2 kinds of fuel. I have a Coleman stove that can use either Coleman fuel or unleaded gas. There are also BBQs that use solid fuel (wood or charcoal) and propane. Some house stoves are electric/gas.

@MoBookworm1957 Hope you hit the bingo jackpot and are having a hoot. You're missed!
@Peanut thank you for NOT getting on the roof in the rain to play with trees!
@Amish Heart and @Weedygarden How cool! You two have fun and stay out of trouble. If you can't stay out of trouble, don't get caught (heehee.)
@snappy1 Christmas cards done !?! Can I send you my list? :). (Good job.)

Latest posts

Back