What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grimm this sounds like fun for both you and the girls.:thumbs:

But I need some advice here about skin care.Seems the organicnon proecessed coconut oil is not working for my facial skin care. And I hear most olive oil is not olive oil now :dunno:.
And suggestions?
Good to see you visiting again.:cool:

Try almond oil, avocado oil, hazelnut or even castor oil if used as a cleanser not a moisturizer.
You can even mix and match oils to fit what your skin needs.

I use a mix of avocado, coconut and argan oils at night.

My new stove is converted to LP, adjusted, positioned where it's going to sit and everything works. The only thing left is leveling. My levels are up at the shop, didn't want to tromp through the mud to get them.

I remembered a cousin bought a gas stove last year and I knew he had to convert it so I gave him a call. He called someone who does conversions locally and works on appliances. Turns out he was the guy who used to run the Radio Shack before it closed in the little town. I knew him then as I was always stopping at radio shack for something. He is also the little brother of a high school buddy.

As it happens he was driving by my house today on his way to a doctors appointment. He stopped and did all the work for $90. It took him about 20 minutes. He even had his older brother with him so we caught up while little brother did the work. :)

Yea! one less thing to worry about. It'd have taken me most of the day to convert the stove. I'll level the stove when everything dries out from the heavy rains last night.

Stove new (2) sm.JPG

Last edited:
My new stove is converted to LP, adjusted, positioned where it's going to sit and everything works. The only thing left is leveling. My levels are up at the shop, didn't want to tromp through the mud to get them.

I remembered a cousin bought a gas stove last year and I knew he had to convert it so I gave him a call. He called someone who does conversions locally and works on appliances. Turns out he was the guy who used to run the Radio Shack before it closed in the little town. I knew him then as I was always stopping at radio shack for something. He is also the little brother of a high school buddy.

As it happens he was driving by my house today on his way to a doctors appointment. He stopped and did all the work for $90. It took him about 20 minutes. He even had his older brother with him so we caught up while little brother did the work. :)

Yea! one less thing to worry about. It'd have taken me most of the day to convert the stove. I'll level the stove when everything dries out from the heavy rains last night.

View attachment 34253
Peanut do you have an ATV or golf cart to help with the walking ? Hubby could'nt do without his golf cart espcially on bad days. Also uses it to haul some things from sheds to house,etc,.

The power went off a half a dozen times last night. It must have gone off again after I went to bed because my electric clock was flashing. Without the clock alarm I over slept. I called dad's room the hospital moments ago and the day shift sitter answered... She's on until 7pm.

So! I get to rest or at least not drive down there this morning. I plan to work on my new stove, get it converted to LP and positioned... after a nap!
I thought you came up from large family?
I have a friend who came from a large family. Her grandmother needed around the clock sitters at the end of her life. A family member made a calendar of times when people could sign up. The whole family had one 4 hour slot each month and the calendar was full. People are busy, but everyone can make time for a commitment.

@Grimm A couple of things to "use up" foods. I actually plan for these and like them. You can add whatever greens to spaghetti and tell them it's basil (spinach, collards, chard, kale etc.) Just chop it up fine - also a good way to get more greens into their little bodies. You can make meatloaf (go ahead and add some greens in there too) - make it big. Eat first meal of meatloaf, next night chop it into 1" squares and you have your meatballs for the spaghetti. Make extra mashed spuds - pack into loaf pan and refrigerate. Next morning, cut into slices and fry, when you flip the slices grate some cheese over the top - yum! Also, soup is a great clean out the fridge dish.
PS- I actually dry my extra greens so I can use them in winter in dishes like above.

I have a friend who came from a large family. Her grandmother needed around the clock sitters at the end of her life. A family member made a calendar of times when people could sign up. The whole family had one 4 hour slot each month and the calendar was full. People are busy, but everyone can make time for a commitment.

Times they are a changing,LOL, but really they are.o_O

@Grimm A couple of things to "use up" foods. I actually plan for these and like them. You can add whatever greens to spaghetti and tell them it's basil (spinach, collards, chard, kale etc.) Just chop it up fine - also a good way to get more greens into their little bodies. You can make meatloaf (go ahead and add some greens in there too) - make it big. Eat first meal of meatloaf, next night chop it into 1" squares and you have your meatballs for the spaghetti. Make extra mashed spuds - pack into loaf pan and refrigerate. Next morning, cut into slices and fry, when you flip the slices grate some cheese over the top - yum! Also, soup is a great clean out the fridge dish.
PS- I actually dry my extra greens so I can use them in winter in dishes like above.

Good ideaLadyL. :thumbs:

I have a friend who came from a large family.

I do, everyone's plate is full right now. Most were involved in round the clock care for my grandmother who just passed. On the other side a cousin in dying of leukemia... Today my mom's sisters were carting her around to doctors appointments. Everyone is just busy...

At least in the hospital we can get sitters for dad to take part of the load. It's the best we can do right now. :)

Thats the down side of a large family... at any given time a percentage is sick and needs help.

@The Lazy L , could you please keep us up on how this week works out at your abode..

:callyou:

:fun fun:

Jim:D

Last night wife asked if I could pick up her new chair this morning.

I pointed at the two recliners taking up space in the living room.

None of her friends want them.

I shrugged my shoulders.

She thinks a thrift store in the City will take them. From the look on my face she decides to call a friend, yes the thrift store takes furniture.

I point out the recliners will not fit in the bed of my truck (I have a cap on it).

She thinks I could use my utility trailer. Drop off the recliners and then pickup her new chair.

I point out the trailer is behind the shop. I'll have to get the mule out to pull the trailer out to where I can hitch it to the truck.

She says she can help. Watch and supervise is more like it IMHO.

I point put that she said she busy for there rest of there week. I'll need help loading them.

Not first thing tomorrow morning says she. OK?

Let me think about it for a bit.

Worth it to me to get rid of them. Load them tomorrow and if the Shift shop doesn't take them (or can't help unloading) I'll pick up her new chair and throw the recliners on the burn pile with a match. Next problem...

Last edited:
I forgot to mention I got our taxes done back in January and submitted before the end of the month. I checked our accounts to make sure the car insurance went through this morning and the state return was already deposited. That was very fast! I guess it pays to do your taxes as soon as you can. Other than getting my wagon fixed I am not going to spend a dime of this money as part of our no spend month.

I am still unpacking kitchen junk and trying to find places for everything. I am paring down what we have and use. If I haven't used it in a very long time and I can do the same task with something else I am donating it. Right now I have a large box in the dining room with all our kitchen donate items. It is almost full and I still have a bunch of things to go through.

I am going through my closet as well. Got a little bit of that stuff decluttered but not as much as I would hope. I still have a need for a lot of it but hopefully I'll lose enough weight to drop a size or 2 and then it can all go!

I forgot to mention I got our taxes done back in January and submitted before the end of the month. I checked our accounts to make sure the car insurance went through this morning and the state return was already deposited. That was very fast! I guess it pays to do your taxes as soon as you can. Other than getting my wagon fixed I am not going to spend a dime of this money as part of our no spend month.

I am still unpacking kitchen junk and trying to find places for everything. I am paring down what we have and use. If I haven't used it in a very long time and I can do the same task with something else I am donating it. Right now I have a large box in the dining room with all our kitchen donate items. It is almost full and I still have a bunch of things to go through.

I am going through my closet as well. Got a little bit of that stuff decluttered but not as much as I would hope. I still have a need for a lot of it but hopefully I'll lose enough weight to drop a size or 2 and then it can all go!
It's so amazing how much kitchen stuff we can accumulate! There are so many gadgets and gizmos most of which do little more than a bowl and spoon.

Last night wife asked if I could pick up her new chair this morning.

I pointed at the two recliners taking up space in the living room.

None of her friends want them.

I shrugged my shoulders.

She thinks a thrift store in the City will take them. From the look on my face she decides to call a friend, yes the thrift store takes furniture.

I point out the recliners will not fit in the bed of my truck (I have a cap on it).

She thinks I could use my utility trailer. Drop off the recliners and then pickup her new chair.

I point out the trailer is behind the shop. I'll have to get the mule out to pull the trailer out to where I can hitch it to the truck.

She says she can help. Watch and supervise is more like it IMHO.

I point put that she said she busy for there rest of there week. I'll need loading them.

Not first thing tomorrow morning says she. OK?

Let me think about it for a bit.

Worth it to me to get rid of them. Load them tomorrow and if the Shift shop doesn't take them (or can't help unloading) I'll pick up her new chair and throw the recliners on the burn pile with a match. Next problem...

Ohhhhkay..

Now I'm hooked ..

LL..don't get hurt.

:popcorn:
:dunno:

Jim

I'll bet she is shadowing you everywhere. She probably missed you as much as you missed her.

You poor thing, c'mere and I'll give you a good long hug - no, don't get up I'll hug you in your chair!:huggs:and as for that mongrel :waiting:. (just kidding about the dog) (HUG) for you.

You poor thing, c'mere and I'll give you a good long hug - no, don't get up I'll hug you in your chair!:huggs:and as for that mongrel :waiting:. (just kidding about the dog) (HUG) for you.
It's all good.
My cousin has 20 acres for her to run on.
She also has two of Strawberry's brothers out there right now.
And she has been gone for 45 days.
Here at my house she has to be on tie out to go to the bathroom.
Strawberry will probably be going to live at my cousin's house permanently in the spring.
I want what's best for her.
Strawberry is a mongrel(mutt).
She's Beagle/Jack Russell mix.
She's been crying again tonight, but not as long tonight.
But she's asleep on my inside jacket.

Latest posts

Back