What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MoBookworm1957 She's punishing you for "leaving her." We've had critters do that to us - until they "forgive" us and want their belly scratched or what have you. Little stinkers- means she loves you. I'm glad she's home.
@Meerkat That is hilarious about Rosie.

Happy Friday to everyone.

Snowed a little here overnight.
IMG_20200207_092136357.jpg
IMG_20200207_092208728.jpg

First snowfall this year.. February is our "never know what's coming"month.

It's cold outside.
Staying in today.

Taking my oldest grand daughter out to eat tonight for her birthday.

Hope y'all have a uplifting and happy Friday.

Let me know if I can do anything for ya.

Jim

Last edited:
Happy Friday to everyone.

Snowed a little here overnight.

First snowfall this year.. February is our "never know what's coming"month.

It's cold outside.
Staying in today.

Taking my oldest grand daughter out to eat tonight for her birthday.

Hope y'all have a uplifting and happy Friday.

Let me know if I can do anything for ya.

Jim
Have fun with your Granddaughter, Jim! I find myself starting to look forward to having my own Grandkids someday. Having a little one around to spoil for a few hours, and then give back to mom and dad, sounds pretty good!

@Spikedriver , those preteen years are awesome and the most fun years...then they start getting their own life.
Friends, school, sports, dating , etc.
Grandparents kinda don't fit in as much.
Still love em, they still love us...just have their own life now.
That's the hard part, but it's still makes us proud to see them spread their wings.

My oldest granddaughter ..17 yr old .
Screenshot_20200205-173146~2.png

I wish grandparents could live forever..I miss mine.

Jim

I didn’t do anything last night but call and verify the sitter was with dad… I’m toast, been doing more than I’m physically able to do since 25oct… With CFS it’s a cumulative effect issue, takes months to recover. The last 3 days I’ve been doing stupid things I’d normally would never do. Night before last, bought a longer charging cable for my phone… it doesn’t come close to fitting my phone, have to take it back to the store… This morning, filled the tank on the humidifier… I forgot to put the lid back on. I turned it over to put it back on the base and dumped 1/2 gallon of water on my kitchen counter and floor. These are just 2 of several… Time to rest. It’s why I paid someone to convert my stove to LP yesterday. The odds of my doing something stupid and dangerous are greatly increased.

Going to fix a nice brunch on my new stove in a little while. I hope to build up a little energy, go down and give dad a good shave tonight, he needs it badly. I also need a couple of things from the grocery store. That’s about it for my plans.

@phideaux beautiful granddaughter.

Bacpacker, glad you're doing better.

LazyL good luck. Don't hurt your back.
Everybody, just stay out of trouble and stay healthy.
Peanut...I hope you can find a couple more helpers.
@MoBookworm1957 I figured Strawberry would be a little sad coming home. I'm sure she missed you tho.
Lots to do today. Donations to drop off, stuff to animal shelter, jump start a vehicle, and too many other things.
Seize the day!

Just finished homemade version of cup a noodle soup.
Sipping coffee.
I'm up dressed, including teeth and shoes.
Been to Physical Therapy, back home.
Have taken Strawberry out several times before Physical Therapy.
And several times since I've been home.
Finished another crocheted baby hat, just got to weave in the tail.
Number 5 is done,
Using the yarn out of grand daughter's little yarn basket.
I finally got tired of it taking three hours to untangle, rewind everything back up.
So using her yarn to make baby hats.
Started number 6, it's grey and tourgoise.
Got a load of clothes in the dryer.
I rest and elevate, ice knee between chores.
Will have to cook for the weekend.
Thinking along the lines of ????
Ham, mac and cheese bake.
9 x 13 pan will give me several meals, with leftovers for the freezer too.
Will be taking a nap soon, so I can use that handy dandy little machine.
Don't even care if nothing is on tv.
I'm tired.
Strawberry is napping on the blanket that belongs on the back of my recliner, in her chair.
Periodically she'll rouse up, glance around to see where I'm at.
Gloomy day.
Everybody have a wonderful day.
I'm off to nap.

If you're the praying type, the river up the mountain is flooding - would appreciate prayers that house and shop are safe and undamaged.
Also, a friend 28/29 yrs old was informed this week that he's not expected to make it to his 30th b-day. He's scared and worried (understandably). He's married but no children. The doctors are basically telling him he's a dead man. We shared some alternate resources to check into. He was grateful, and his response was even a 10% chance is better than zero.
Anyhoo - thanks y'all.

@Spikedriver , those preteen years are awesome and the most fun years...then they start getting their own life.
Friends, school, sports, dating , etc.
Grandparents kinda don't fit in as much.
Still love em, they still love us...just have their own life now.
That's the hard part, but it's still makes us proud to see them spread their wings.

My oldest granddaughter ..17 yr old .
View attachment 34317

I wish grandparents could live forever..I miss mine.

Jim

:I agree: and nice looking grand ya got there Jim.:thumbs:

If you're the praying type, the river up the mountain is flooding - would appreciate prayers that house and shop are safe and undamaged.
Also, a friend 28/29 yrs old was informed this week that he's not expected to make it to his 30th b-day. He's scared and worried (understandably). He's married but no children. The doctors are basically telling him he's a dead man. We shared some alternate resources to check into. He was grateful, and his response was even a 10% chance is better than zero.
Anyhoo - thanks y'all.

LadyL keeping you in mind and prayers for your friend.:huggs:

I'm sure Grimms girls are pretty I just can't see them that well, so will take your word for it and agree.:)

If you click the thumbnail it should open a bigger picture.

Ohhhhkay..

Now I'm hooked ..

LL..don't get hurt.

:popcorn:
:dunno:

Jim
This morning.

Used the mule to pull the utility trailer out of winter storage. Hitched trailer to truck. Back up to the front door. Carried the recliners out the front door, load in the trailer and covered them with a tarp.

Wife said she had to leave by 8:30. 10:00 and she’s still home. I ask her why and she mumbled something about her time. I suspect she was waiting to see if I was going to burn the recliners. She told me I couldn’t be at her sister’s before 11 (which I already knew) and her sister wanted to know when I be there. Between 11 and noon was my answer.

Resell shop help unloaded the recliners and was glad to have them.

Stopped for a early lunch at Dairy Queen (Turkey sandwich). Texted SIL to let her know I’m on my way, arrived at 11:15. BIL helped me load the huge chair.

Home I backed the trailer up close to the front door. Walked the chair off the trailer and up to the front door. Laid the chair on its side and wiggled it into the house.

Fold the tarp and put it away. Backed the trailer back to the shop and unhitch. Put the truck away.

Text the wife to let her know her new chair is in the house. She text back that she greatly appreciated it!

No Nap for me today.
Had a house full of company.
One friend dropped by to pick up baby hats that were done.
Cousin came by to use the bathroom.
She stayed 5 hours finally ran her off so I could go put that leg in that handy dandy little machine.
Had a pretty good seizure while back, phone bit the dust so to speak.
dropped calls or not showing up at all.
So oldest son brought me new phone today.
Seems he's been texting me and calling me for days.
No Answer.
No money in mind reading with most men that I know.
So I wasn't worried.
Another more secure nicer neighborhood, nicer apartments finally called my son to let him know I had moved up on the list.
They had tried to call me, but nothing.
Ordered the protector case for it today.
Strawberry has been semi lovey today, until my cousin showed up unannounced.
Strawberry is sleeping on the love seat on top of my Christmas blanket.
She looks mighty good in her new reflective harness.
She's been prancing around in her new harness.

This morning.

Used the mule to pull the utility trailer out of winter storage. Hitched trailer to truck. Back up to the front door. Carried the recliners out the front door, load in the trailer and covered them with a tarp.

Wife said she had to leave by 8:30. 10:00 and she’s still home. I ask her why and she mumbled something about her time. I suspect she was waiting to see if I was going to burn the recliners. She told me I couldn’t be at her sister’s before 11 (which I already knew) and her sister wanted to know when I be there. Between 11 and noon was my answer.

Resell shop help unloaded the recliners and was glad to have them.

Stopped for a early lunch at Dairy Queen (Turkey sandwich). Texted SIL to let her know I’m on my way, arrived at 11:15. BIL helped me load the huge chair.

Home I backed the trailer up close to the front door. Walked the chair off the trailer and up to the front door. Laid the chair on its side and wiggled it into the house.

Fold the tarp and put it away. Backed the trailer back to the shop and unhitch. Put the truck away.

Text the wife to let her know her new chair is in the house. She text back that she greatly appreciated it!

I salute you sir ...
Master Peacemaker.

Sounds like mission accomplished, no blood shed.;):)

Jim

Latest posts

Back