What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy easter everyone! Watched the streaming church service on facebook last night, it was nice. May watch again today. Seems odd for an Easter morning, but have a 1911 in 9mm disassembled for clean and oil. A serendipitous find, looking for my panfish tackle and stumbled upon a box I didn't recall :)

Got email message from Amazon for grocery order priced at $2.98 ! It is a 6 pack of Veanna Sausages.:huh: . Yet still no mention of the rest of month ago order for the other $140.00 worth of food.
I am havign a bowl of whats left of Honey Nut Cheerios, no Silk Milk [ have'nt drank cows milk for 25 years now] for last month so use water to wet it, not bad at all.
Haveplenty of almoncs to make milk but not worth the bother.

Happy easter2.jpg

Husband said Sams Club said we can pick up the order he made last week at 1:00 tomorrow. Some things they are out of. I hope they have my Nicorette, or it's not going to be pretty.

Tell me about it, worst time to quit smoking is the end of the world as we know it [naw,no songthis time:D].
Hubby and I are having problems, he smokes more of the cig plus more cigs, so I told him to slow down . He said giving out won't bother him hes quit for years twice.
I said good then quit now so I will have some damn cigs because I haven't quit for years .
I've been cutting off burnt ends saving my long butts tobacco in a jar. He said no way will he smoke that 'crap'.GOOD more for me,knowing he will smoke the heck out of it once he has a burning desire for a cig.

@Peanut Never cared for Charlois for that very reason. Huge calves and rough births. I believe they are more of a milk cow in Europe- or dual purpose anyway. We had angus cows and put hearford bulls on them. Small calves but quick growers. So sorry to hear @ClemKadiddlehopper That is huge!
@Sewingcreations15 I was thinking a certain number of months but uncertain as to what would be a reasonable time frame.

Not being rude but we stopped celebrating religious holidays in 1984 to freinds,family dismay. Don't like saing so since it offends most who do celebrate but it seems rude to ignore or not agre,so end up just saying. We should put up thread in religion about the origins of these.

Not being rude but we stopped celebrating religious holidays in 1984 to freinds,family dismay. Don't like saing so since it offends most who do celebrate but it seems rude to ignore or not agre,so end up just saying. We should put up thread in religion about the origins of these.
You are not alone. Many of the religious holidays were created because of the pagan holidays. People who were new Christians would often go party at the pagan parties, so Christian celebrations were created to keep people on track.

Got email message from Amazon for grocery order priced at $2.98 ! It is a 6 pack of Veanna Sausages.:huh: . Yet still no mention of the rest of month ago order for the other $140.00 worth of food.
I am havign a bowl of whats left of Honey Nut Cheerios, no Silk Milk [ have'nt drank cows milk for 25 years now] for last month so use water to wet it, not bad at all.
Haveplenty of almoncs to make milk but not worth the bother.
I'm still getting random parts of amazon orders placed weeks ago. It's now a guessing game, what will the Amazon Fairy bring today?

Easter and I'd figured I'd treat the wife to a restaurant meal.

Drove into Town to get carryout from Subway. Hours indicated they were open but they wasn't.

Drove into the City for the next closest Subway. They were closed too.

While in the City parked at a Texas Road House (thought I had read they had all closed?!?). Online ordering with curb pickup is what the window sign said. Tries four times to order online, kept getting a "no coupon" error. Left Texas Road House and wife pointed at a small restaurant in a shopping center. Sign said they were open so we stopped. Went inside, they handed us a menu, we placed the order and paid. They said we could wait outside in our car and they would bring our order out to us. Came back home to eat our Easter meal.

Easter and I'd figured I'd treat the wife to a restaurant meal.

Drove into Town to get carryout from Subway. Hours indicated they were open but they wasn't.

Drove into the City for the next closest Subway. They were closed too.

While in the City parked at a Texas Road House (thought I had read they had all closed?!?). Online ordering with curb pickup is what the window sign said. Tries four times to order online, kept getting a "no coupon" error. Left Texas Road House and wife pointed at a small restaurant in a shopping center. Sign said they were open so we stopped. Went inside, they handed us a menu, we placed the order and paid. They said we could wait outside in our car and they would bring our order out to us. Came back home to eat our Easter meal.

Could havebeen a blessing in disquise, may have saved your life, no way would I eat out now.Not pushing my luck.

Easter isn't a religious holiday. It's a joyous celebration of everything that it means to be a Christian. It doesn't matter what day it falls on or how you celebrate it, if you are a believer the resurrection is everything. We should celebrate it every single day of the year.

So far we are having a wonderful Easter. Lots of smiling happy faces and wonderful family time. Right now the kids are battling for the title of Wii tennis champion so I am sneaking in some internet time as I wait my turn. Soon I will need to go upstairs and help get dinner on the table. You can smell the ham cooking and it's making everyone hungry. Pretty sure everyone in the house has forgotten that COVID-19 even exists.

Could havebeen a blessing in disquise, may have saved your life, no way would I eat out now.Not pushing my luck.

Once a week I get out of the house for a RECON, what I personally observe compare to what the media is reporting. Today was RECON with a meal.

Easter isn't a religious holiday. It's a joyous celebration of everything that it means to be a Christian. It doesn't matter what day it falls on or how you celebrate it, if you are a believer the resurrection is everything. We should celebrate it every single day of the year.

So far we are having a wonderful Easter. Lots of smiling happy faces and wonderful family time. Right now the kids are battling for the title of Wii tennis champion so I am sneaking in some internet time as I wait my turn. Soon I will need to go upstairs and help get dinner on the table. You can smell the ham cooking and it's making everyone hungry. Pretty sure everyone in the house has forgotten that COVID-19 even exists.

I almost or did open another can of worms and dug up some more bones,at least I caught myself this time.Hope all of you have a great whatever it is that makes you day happy. :peace::thumbs:

Last edited:
I saw guys in the Navy put green cool-aid on their cereal when we ran out of fresh milk, which was every 7 days while at sea.
I had something, either a squirrel or bird making a big nest in my garden shed. So today I took everything out, swept it out and tossed a bunch of junk. Then patched the hole that whatever it is used to get in. I found an old suitcase that I thought was empty. It had some stuff I haven't seen in over 30 years. My wife kept some stuff but the majority went to the dump trailer.
I have a bunch of old shovels that I'm going to put by the road with a free sign.

Staying away from take out as well. Don't think many are being very clean about it. We are in one county, a mile away in another. Both of the two counties are the highest of Chinese Plague in the state. So no take out. It looks like the plant nursery wars began. Son's boss called and reported the officers for closing them down, when one other large nursery is open as usual, and the others can do curbside and deliveries. So now they are allowed to do curbside and deliveries. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason around here. Just depends on who is being a butthead for the day. Have been in the kitchen cooking most of the day. Hid eggs, and the kids found them. Will get back to cooking. Tomorrow will be leftovers.

Made breakfast
Helped hubby with the concrete in the post holes. All are done now. Boy that was a damp messy job. While I finished up supper he back filled them with dirt
Had the young guy who helps hubby on the trucks come by and helped take down the tv antenna we've had up for close to 30 years. Glad he could go way up there, I certainly couldn't lol
Now I plan on reading some
Have to cut up and save all the ham and the bone for later to vacuum seal
Gotta make the coffee for tomorrow
Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight. Big storm coming in early with 50 mph gusts and heavy rains. Could get some localized flooding in low areas

I was up early hiding eggs
We still have tow little ones under eight y/o. (I didn't know when to quit LOL!!!) Made sausage and cheese kolaches for breakfast. Let the kids go crazy with candy. Went to town for snuff and saw gas. Making Easter supper now and enjoying a beauy day.

My sister-in-law sent us some youtubes she made for teaching kids (she's a school teacher). Wife and I watched them just to see her (she lives almost 2000 miles away. It was nice to watch and she had her kids in some of them to assist. Something to do while in isolation.

Rested most of the day... battened down the hatches for the big super cell storm. Caught a lucky break before dark, a small tornado lifted and went right over the house, only lost a small tree.

According to the computer storm models I should be in the clear in a couple more hours. Yep, it's April in the south... If we're not dodging tornadoes we are sitting and waiting on the next one.;)

#$% As the last bit of the storm went past my house a bolt of lighting took out a transformer a few miles up the line... So... Now I'm running the generator. Looks like I'll be up until the generator needs fuel or the power comes back on.

Wish I knew how to reach timmie... bad weather will be getting to her house by midnight...

I heard on the news 6 people were killed tonight in Mississippi, somewhere near Jackson.

I just heard a mobile home park in Carbon Hill AL was hit... the sheriffs dept. has blocked off the area to everyone except first responders... hope folks are okay... Carbon Hill is just a wide spot in the road, not big enough for a grocery store.

Latest posts

Back