What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the part of my dash that has the fold down cup holders. Stupid me!! I sent it to the old address(Po box)!! 🤬 My sister is going to go by tomorrow to see if they will let her pick it up. I'm going to call them first thing in the morning.😖

It rained & the barometric pressure had my sinuses throbbing. I'm going to call my doctor in the morning to see if he thinks I have a sinus infection & find out what he recommends. I've been feeling sick since March, but this is the time of year I normally get sick & stay sick for a couple months.
I mostly stayed in bed and heeded Samuel L Jackson's words "stay the f*** at home" and "go the f*** to sleep". Sounds like a good plan. I did some planning for helping my friend with his renovations & played Elder Scrolls Online when I wasn't napping.

I heated up leftover stroganoff for Mom and then heated up some frozen corn dogs. I had some leftover stroganoff and a lot of water. I also made some sort of Jello pudding for Mom. I think she said it was butterscotch, but I didn't try it. Had to whisk it for 2 min and let it sit for 5.

I'm currently huddled up with my cats & dog. Feeling lightheaded so I'm going to hit the sack.

Lots to do today. Some personal grooming, some bedroom cleaning, some closet and dresser organizing, some more gun inventory stuff, fridge needs cleaned out, groceries are being delivered, have to put together the seasoning mix for tacos, need to get the garbage cans down to the curb, and that should get me to lunch time. We will see after that.

Here is something fun that will waste a few minutes of your day.

Points to Ponder when Boredom overcomes your day:

1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?

2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

4. How much dirt is there in a hole... that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

5. What word in the English Language... is always spelled incorrectly?

6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

8. What was the President's Name...in 1975?

9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in a third field?

Here are the Answers: (No peeking!)

1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?

Answer: Johnny, of course.

2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

Answer: Meat.

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. [You're not very good at this are you?]

4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

Answer: There is no dirt in a hole.

5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?

Answer: Incorrectly

6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere.

7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures.

8. What was the President's Name in 1975?

Answer: Same as is it now – Donald Trump [Oh, come on ..]

9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first.

10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow [Duh]

11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field?

Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big one.

IMPOSSIBILITIES IN THE WORLD

1) You can't count your hair.

2) You can't wash your eyes with soap.

3) You can't breathe through your nose when your tongue is out.

Put your tongue back in your mouth, you silly person.

Ten (10) Things I know about you.

1) You are reading this.

2) You are human.

3) You can't say the letter ''P'' without separating your lips.

4) You just attempted to do it.

6) You are laughing at yourself.

7) You have a smile on your face and you skipped No. 5.

8) You just checked to see if there is a No. 5.

9) You laugh at this because you are a fun loving person & everyone does it too.

10) You are probably going to send this to see who else falls for it.

You have received this e-mail because I didn't want to be alone in the idiot category.

TO ALL MY INTELLIGENT FRIENDS

Keep that brain working; try to figure this one out....

See if you can figure out what these seven words all have in common?

1. Banana

2. Dresser

3. Grammar

4. Potato

5. Revive

6. Uneven

7. Assess

Give it another try....

Look at each word carefully. You'll kick yourself when you discover the

Answer. This is so cool.....

REMEMBER I ONLY SENT THIS TO MY SMART FRIENDS

NOW DON'T LET ME DOWN

No, it is not that they all have at least 2 double letters...

Answer is below!

Answer:

In all of the words listed, if you take the first letter, place it at the end of the word, and then spell the word backwards, it will be the same word.

Reply Reply All Forward

It's planting day. I have to make the hour drive to my farming partners place. We've already put in our 36 tomato plants, 60 feet of broccoli, about 1000 sf of taters and thirty pepper plants. Today is squash, zucchini, two kids of bush beans, two kinds of cucumbers, cabbage, lettuce, collards, beats, turnips and a s#$t ton of okra. I also have to go to the feed store for chicken feed and deer corn.

The power is still off, coming up on 11 hours. Doesn't look like it'll be on anytime soon. There are still 40+ thousand without power here in the state.

I got about 3hrs sleep, got up early and started running extra power cords as soon as it was daylight. I have power to the fridge and the freezer upstairs. I'm waiting another 30 minutes before I switch power from the sump pump to the downstairs freezer.

I topped off the fuel tank on the generator as well. I guess I'm set for the next 6 hours for power. Thankfully I have a gas stove so breakfast is next.

I hope all our members in the south made it through the storms okay. There has been lots of injuries and 6+ deaths.

The power is still off, coming up on 11 hours. Doesn't look like it'll be on anytime soon. There are still 40+ thousand without power here in the state.

I got about 3hrs sleep, got up early and started running extra power cords as soon as it was daylight. I have power to the fridge and the freezer upstairs. I'm waiting another 30 minutes before I switch power from the sump pump to the downstairs freezer.

I topped off the fuel tank on the generator as well. I guess I'm set for the next 6 hours for power. Thankfully I have a gas stove so breakfast is next.

I hope all our members in the south made it through the storms okay. There has been lots of injuries and 6+ deaths.
Hang in there. We just had a windy cold front blow in last night so no damage here.

Pain in the butt for you, Peanut, I hope power comes back on soon. Nice you get to plant outside so early, Grumpy. what zone are you in? We have to wait one more month. (usually). Kids start online school today, but I do not believe it will work or be organized. Raining out at the moment. The third graders also have a zoom meeting at 4:00, and we have a grocery order that is available for pickup this afternoon. Doesn't appear that many are doing deliveries anymore. I still have to go into the store for the pickup, so I don't see the point. I'm curious to see what they don't have that we asked for.

The belts look cool, Frodo.
Greenhouse is looking good, Terri.
Thanks, Meerkat.
Peanut, those are beautiful cows. I had to look twice because my eyes were playing tricks on me. Looked like the one behind was eating something other than grass (but that rhymes with it). LOL.
Good to hear you had a nice day, Mo. I'd love to see pictures of the quilt you are working on. I have an elderly friend who used to make quilts. She's moved to the other side of the state so we don't get to see her much anymore. She's in her 90s now & I really miss her. When the virus is completely clear, I want to visit her. She's like a grandmother to me. I've spent more time with her than with either of my biological grandmothers.

I stayed home, made lunch- my brother made rice & I heated up some roast beef au jus. I napped a bit & then mom woke me up wanting dinner but heard how tired I was so she let me get another 2 hours of sleep. I needed it. Made dinner (hamburger helper stroganoff again). Put leftovers away & I'm back in bed. I still feel like garbage. Feel lightheaded & tired. Still no fever though. Throat is feeling better. I've got a slight sinus headache. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I think it might be barometric pressure changes-- I can be sensitive to them.

My cat, Predicate, hopped on my shoulder earlier & wanted a lift to my room. My mother gets very amused because she's discovered if she yells "tree time" the cat will look for me and jump on my shoulder. He's halfway perched on my shoulder right now, being cuddly.
The quilt blocks are posted in sewing, quilting crafts section.
The blanket I am crocheting for grand daughter is in knitting, crocheting section.
Lady Locust posted for me, so the pictures maybe small.
Unless the powers of be can enlarge them.

Storm came through last night, hard rain, supposed to be cool all week so far.
Strawberry is asleep beside me snoring.
She's been outside already this morning.
Drinking coffee, reading forums before starting my day.
My oldest son thinks I went overboard on the mushrooms.
But the grand daughter and I sliced 4 packages of them up for the dehydrator yesterday afternoon.
I sliced, she mangled, but Granny uses them any way.
She's my little big girl helper, this way she learns to cook.
Will be grounding some of the dried mushrooms up to powder, adding dry milk, salt, pepper for gravy mix.
There will be small chunks of dried mushrooms in the gravy mix too.
Got dishes to do.
Need to scrub bathroom floor with the floor scrubber.
Don't want mold to get in tile grout on the floor.
Bathroom will get good scrubbing to with bleach water.
Trash has been taken out already for tomorrow pickup.
Hope timmie is alright.

It rained & the barometric pressure had my sinuses throbbing. I'm going to call my doctor in the morning to see if he thinks I have a sinus infection & find out what he recommends. I've been feeling sick since March, but this is the time of year I normally get sick & stay sick for a couple months.
I mostly stayed in bed and heeded Samuel L Jackson's words "stay the f*** at home" and "go the f*** to sleep". Sounds like a good plan. I did some planning for helping my friend with his renovations & played Elder Scrolls Online when I wasn't napping.

I heated up leftover stroganoff for Mom and then heated up some frozen corn dogs. I had some leftover stroganoff and a lot of water. I also made some sort of Jello pudding for Mom. I think she said it was butterscotch, but I didn't try it. Had to whisk it for 2 min and let it sit for 5.

I'm currently huddled up with my cats & dog. Feeling lightheaded so I'm going to hit the sack.

Hope you feel better soon Zanne.

Peanut hope power is on soon, I know lots are without it now. May lose ours tinight. Take care.

Dat blame it...those 80 degree days last week spoiled me, now at 10:00am it's 41 deg.

I am not up to doing much today.
Suppose to be cold next 3 days , going down to 32 deg next 2 nights.

So I have no plans for today.

Hope @Peanut ,your back on.

Might go out riding and scouting out the status of the countryside. See what the restless natives are doing.

Jim

Dat blame it...those 80 degree days last week spoiled me, now at 10:00am it's 41 deg.

Might go out riding and scouting out the status of the countryside. See what the restless natives are doing.

Jim
I think I'll cook a huge pot of fried rice so I can freze some of and have it for a couple meals next couple days.Thats the thought for now anyway.

Jim
It's 11:14 here and only 32* windy

I heard on the news 6 people were killed tonight in Mississippi, somewhere near Jackson.

I believe that 2 were killed in the County next to us. Tornadoes were to the north of us. We just got rain and a breeze.

So far today, I've gone for walk, washed rugs and towels both, swept house and dusted. Still need to bake a little chicken for dog treats, fold towel load and do short exercise video. Then maybe eBay or not.

So our oldest boy had to work all weekend, so we knew he wasn't going to be home for Easter. So we jokingly sent him an "Easter basket" in the mail so it would arrive Saturday. It had some colored grass-like stuff, a big chocolate bunny, some candy eggs, a toy car, a little kid's book, some plastic eggs full of shiny new quarters, and a gift card for the chain of gas station my wife's company owns. On Sunday he sent us a text saying he bought us a "serious gift for Easter". Today he delivered two 18 packs of toilet paper. He sent us this pic with his original text and I mistakenly thought they were 12 packs. Regardless it seems the Walmart near him is flush with TP (pun intended), even if it is a bit expensive.

tp.jpg

Peanut, I hope you get your power back on.
Mo, I'll have to go look for those threads. I love seeing people's projects.
Meerkat, thank you. I'm feeling better. Just a bit tired now. My friend's fiance wants me to drive her someplace over an hour away tomorrow, but I've told her I won't if I'm still feeling tired & having blurry vision. It's for some kind of ultrasound.
I walked around the kitchen for some exercise but legs started to feel like jelly so I'm back lying down again. I think it's sinuses & the rainy weather. There were tornadoes up northeast of here. I was told my friends living there are all ok though.

Easy day today.
Storms and big winds here most of the day
Made our breakfasts
Hubby did some work outside during a break in the rain
He got the wrong size of something so had to take it back to lowes to get the right size
I washed and dried his work coats and bibs. They were really dirty lol
Made peanut butter cookies
Finished one book and started another
Made supper
Hubby is planning on going back to work on monday ( he says but I'm not holding my breath. He changes his mind about everything)
Gotta get the coffee pot ready

I ordered the part of my dash that has the fold down cup holders. Stupid me!! I sent it to the old address(Po box)!! 🤬 My sister is going to go by tomorrow to see if they will let her pick it up. I'm going to call them first thing in the morning.😖

It pays to be nice to people (and live in a small town). The old post office called me this morning to get my new address so they could forward my package.

Latest posts

Back