What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, I only sheared one pin this time.
I don't usually do upkeep mowing, usually in early may and mid October. That's it. (Except this year).

I'm gonna be moving from 9mm CC to 40 cal,
Just because....:dunno:

Decided on the S&W M&P Shield , .995 thick, and 19 oz, 3.1 barrel.
Every body says it's a great shooter and easy CC.ive fondled one only. Felt good , fit good.

Jim
With the little mower I keep pins in stock and the tools in the bag for easy replacement 😂
let us know how you like it! Don’t currently have a 40 cal. Have several friends who Cc that M&P though.

Well , looks like we are making a trip to ER.
Wife's back has been really hurting for a long time.
She had 3 fractured vertebrae fixed last year, and she can't even walk today.
I told her she was doing too much.

She is in lots of pain.

So I gotta get her dressed and me too , if I can remember, head to ER.
It's 35 miles.

See y'all later

Jim
Sending so many warm gentle hugs to you both and saying healing prayers!

Look for Cowboy Candy on Pinterest.

I’ll have ,y sister look for that. She has Pinterest. Thanks!!!

I have thought about how much better it is for you to live in rural Kansas than crazy N.M.

I am seeing very few political signs this year. I think it has become so crazy that people are not putting up signs for their own safety. My neighbors have always had political signs in their yard. None this year. I also see that Biden will not go to the convention this year. It makes me think he is so incompetent relative to dementia, that he wouldn't show well, not that he ever would, but I think there is a concerted effort to keep his failing mind out of people's view. Dems are promoting another loser.
Trump signs galore here! More than ever. Liberals are having fits but so far not much more than that in our area as they are still afraid to be shot.
Sometimes I think they just tell people to go to the car and wait just to get you out of the way and be quiet. Covid as an excuse. Spouses get better treatment when a spouse is there looking after them.

This is 1000% true!

I'm leaving the hospital, all results are back, doctor was in.
She's going up to room.
Will be getting supper there.
T11and T10 vertebrae are fractured, surgery sometime tomorrow,, to repair both.

Long day.

I can come back between 6 and 9 am only tommorow.

Jim

Not the news we were hoping for. Saying many prayers and sending more warm hugs!! Please keep us posted on how you both are doing as you can.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Phideaux, hope the surgery goes well and she heals quickly.

Today, a buddy (actually huspand of one of my wife's friends) was going to come over and help me move the fridge from the living room back into the kitchen (progress), he sent me a text, after work (4:30 ish).... So around 4 the wife started unloading the fridge, got to feeling poorly (between her heart and her back she is very limited). When I got off work I finished cleaning out the fridge and freezer... 5 no help, 6 still no show.... 6:30 I moved that dang thing into place, hooked up the power and water to it. cleaned off the shelves and put everything back.... 7:45 get a call, are you still planning to move that fridge into the kitchen? And the wife asks me, "Why don't you ask for help?"

1596759408189.jpeg

She's going up to room.

Long day.

Jim

Sorry to hear that report Jim. My prayers are with you guys, and with the Dr doing the surgery that his hands are calm and skillful.
Take care of yourself thru this time as well. She's gonna need your help after this.

She's going up to room.

Long day.

Jim
Sorry to hear about her back problem.
On the bright side now they know what's wrong so maybe they can get her back repaired and she can get on the road to recovery.
Prayers will continue for you both.

She's going up to room.

Long day.

Jim

Jim I was really hoping she wouldn't need surgery. I hope aand pray it will fix it and quick.

She is on pain meds resting well.

This will be the 4th fractured vertebrae, they pump them up , fill them with a cement and in a few minutes they're solid.

Just gotta heal from the incision.

Thanks for the prayers.

I hope she can come home Saturday .

Her bones are like chalk because of Prednisone(corticosteroid) since she was diagnosed with RA at 24 years old.
It destroys bone.

Jim

Hoping to get more than 3.5 hrs sleep tonight. Been a rough few nights for our family. I’m getting rummy.
@snappy1 Sorry about that. The last item like that we bought was was a meat grinder so that was making sense. I was thinking they (Lem) had all sorts of such things.
@UrbanHunter that’s a tricky job. Glad you didn’t hurt yourself.
@Amish Heart I’m so happy for you. That kindness you spoke of is so much healthier for your family.
@Bacpacker Well said!
@Meerkat You crack me up sometimes.

Darn... lost my wallet a few hours ago. I either left it on the counter at a store where I bought off road diesel or lost it off the tractor when running the bush hog here at home. The people at the store claimed they hadn’t seen it. I drove back there about an hour later. They said their manager was on vacation. She’ll be back Monday and can then review the security tapes to see if I had indeed left it on the counter.

Anyway, I called my bank and necessary card companies. The last call was to a monitoring service I pay for monthly. Things have changed with the services they provide… for the better. I'm now insured up to $1,000,000.00 for identity theft correction. Also, up to $35K in immediate funds are available for any day to day expenses I might incur from this event.

I still have to get a new drivers license, VA id and a couple other odds and ends. On the bright side… I needed a new wallet anyway.

Yesterday I had a chat with the grtnephew that took over the cattle operation. I’ve mentioned him before, the one who can’t keep fences fixed, fuel in tractors, air in tires and 101 other things it takes to run a farm. Anyway, he expressed displeasure about my horse and donkey, suggested I get rid of them. I think I’ll keep them just because I know it’ll annoy him. It was his attitude, tried to make out that they were interfering with the operation running smoothly. It’s his lazy backside that interferes with the cattle operation. If I started in the morning it’d take me a month to do everything that needs done right now.

Edit to add... Darn it Jim! Guess I need to slow down my speed reading a bit. Ya'll take care now... Keep us posted and lets us know if you need anything.

Last edited:
Lost your wallet, I hope you find it with everything still in it. I've found stuff in strange places. The trash. The bag I brought stuff home in. Pockets. Lol. Under the car seat. In the console. I hope it's in the field.
Your great nephew is passing the gas, the buck, the steer. He's trying to divert your attention, thinks it's magic. Tough luck on him. Maybe you could get another horse as well.

That sounds miserable for her, Phideaux. Prayers for fast recovery, and for you, too.
Post office lady called at 2am again. But this time I didn't wake up. Will be picking up chicks after dropping kids off at band camp. Working on stuff around here today, unless husband wants to get out and go somewhere. He is counting the weeks till the kids go back to school and the place is quiet again. Ha.

Well , wife is sick this morning, too much Percocet on empty stomach. But they won't let me in ..

I can go this evening at 6pm-9pm.
They are going to do surgery early afternoon and keep her overnight.

I have an appointment for car maintenance at 10 am , do I'll keep that, then check back with her .
My SIL and grandson are coming today to pick the peas.

Thanks for your concern and prayers.

I'm sure she will be fine, we have a really good neurosurgeon.

@Peanut , I lost my wallet once bush hogging.
Rode around on golf cart and found it...shredded but found it.That's a lot of aggravation.
hope you find it.
@LadyLocust , take care of yourself.

Jim

Hoping to get more than 3.5 hrs sleep tonight. Been a rough few nights for our family. I’m getting rummy.
@snappy1 Sorry about that. The last item like that we bought was was a meat grinder so that was making sense. I was thinking they (Lem) had all sorts of such things.
@UrbanHunter that’s a tricky job. Glad you didn’t hurt yourself.
@Amish Heart I’m so happy for you. That kindness you spoke of is so much healthier for your family.
@Bacpacker Well said!
@Meerkat You crack me up sometimes.

DH just started eating a banana just before bed and has stopped waking up at all. I know they have potassium and magnesium, but just found out they have tryptophan which works with melatonin. Simple and cheap fix!

Praying for a simple surgery and quick recovery for Mrs. Phideaux!
Peanut, I hope your wallet turns up in the condition you lost it soon!

Got all the large tomato bushes pulled up, cages off, stakes removed and put everything away yesterday.

This morning, walked first.

Getting ready to go out and pull up all smaller tomato plants (still 5 ft. high) and pull fence back so it can be mowed for now and in a couple of weeks tilled up for Fall garden. Weeds on potatoes and sweets are so high, it's hard to dig and see how it is going, so will have a path, one swath wide, mowed so I can check taters.

This afternoon will be making fire cider, okra jalapeno fritters and that's about it.

Have a good weekend!

I hope you do get to catch up on sleep, LL! Spoke with grandson in NM on phone this evening, he's starting military boarding school tomorrow and is excited. Got home from cousins, brought dinner there this evening. Came home with 5 more dz eggs, raw milk, and a large bag of fresh tomatoes.

Amish talked to daughter a few minutes ago ans she too has enrolled her 15 yt old son into one. But he is way out of hand so we are all praying he will not go AWO .He will be taken there in 2 weeks.
On a good note the wedding is tomorrow:lil guy::woo hoo:so thats one stress almost gone tonight is the dinner rehershel. All the stress and two families bumping heads now and then is a hassle. Just go to a JP or small church and get it over with :eyeballs:.

Darn... lost my wallet a few hours ago. I either left it on the counter at a store where I bought off road diesel or lost it off the tractor when running the bush hog here at home. The people at the store claimed they hadn’t seen it. I drove back there about an hour later. They said their manager was on vacation. She’ll be back Monday and can then review the security tapes to see if I had indeed left it on the counter.

Anyway, I called my bank and necessary card companies. The last call was to a monitoring service I pay for monthly. Things have changed with the services they provide… for the better. I'm now insured up to $1,000,000.00 for identity theft correction. Also, up to $35K in immediate funds are available for any day to day expenses I might incur from this event.

I still have to get a new drivers license, VA id and a couple other odds and ends. On the bright side… I needed a new wallet anyway.

Yesterday I had a chat with the grtnephew that took over the cattle operation. I’ve mentioned him before, the one who can’t keep fences fixed, fuel in tractors, air in tires and 101 other things it takes to run a farm. Anyway, he expressed displeasure about my horse and donkey, suggested I get rid of them. I think I’ll keep them just because I know it’ll annoy him. It was his attitude, tried to make out that they were interfering with the operation running smoothly. It’s his lazy backside that interferes with the cattle operation. If I started in the morning it’d take me a month to do everything that needs done right now.

Edit to add... Darn it Jim! Guess I need to slow down my speed reading a bit. Ya'll take care now... Keep us posted and lets us know if you need anything.

Peanutdon't you dare get rid of that donk or horse unless like us you have to. We miss both but I really miss that hew haw greeting we got every morining, plus I could go out at night and lay with my Rosie like I did with my jenny Katy as child. Love the smell of equine in the evening .:great: .

One of our grand kids want to raise farm animals and crops and hinted of coming here fro mTexas, but I hea they smoek pot so can't happen, they are in their 30s and never did other drugs but no way . I feel so bad for young people now. These two are hard working and had lost two farms already they worked hard on but one back taxes other one bad lazy company.

Well , wife is sick this morning, too much Percocet on empty stomach. But they won't let me in ..

I have an appointment for car maintenance at 10 am , do I'll keep that, then check back with her .

Rode around on golf cart and found it...shredded but found it.That's a lot of aggravation.
hope you find it.

Jim

She is really going through it huh? I sure hope this is over with soon and she gets some relief and back to her beautiful quilts.So glad she has a good doctor,all the differnce in the world when your ill. :huggs:for you both.

DH just started eating a banana just before bed and has stopped waking up at all. I know they have potassium and magnesium, but just found out they have tryptophan which works with melatonin. Simple and cheap fix!

Snap thats good wish I'd known that ,maybe try it next time I have those kind ofnights,so far not too bad now.

hope you find it.

Jim

That too much Percocet, can be a real problem. My wife responds poorly to it. When our kids were small the doctor gave it to her, she was lying down and started seeing things, Screaming, "There's a Kangaroo in the closet!!!" The kids were all excited, “I want to see the Kangaroo... how did it get in? Can we keep it?”

Latest posts

Back