What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess where I'm at..

IMG_20210210_111143567.jpg

Surgery waiting.

Jim

I'm glad the surgery went well for your wife, Phideaux! Get home safely!

Yesterday, I walked first, then had a girl's day with a friend, hitting some different thrift shops and flea market. We had a great time! She used to be my neighbor before we bought our house in town. Hope to get together more often with her!
Came home and cooked dinner-- Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks. Boy did they turn out great!

Today, walked first, then walked dogs.
Washed sheets, dog blankets and rugs--not all at once.
Cleaned bathrooms and swept floors.
Moved some cases of water and a bag of salt (for porch de-icing) from front shed to back with garden cart.
Re-made bed.
Taking the rest of the day off!

@Firepolice271 got his second vacine shot and not feeling up to the construction work today. While he is recovering I am back on the duct work project. The first was to revise the numbers of the plan for the plenum that will adapt from the rectangular duct to a 10" diameter stack to run up through wall.

20210210_145754.jpg

I am working on the prototype based on those changes.

While working I am live streaming the reimpeachment. I am a glutton for punishment.

We could be getting another 4" tonight so it looks like shoveling in my future.

Behave

Ben

Our roads aren't too bad in four wheel drive today. We went to a town called Pretty Prairie to have a look around. Brought a "picnic in the truck" lunch along. Nice drive. Cousin just pulled up in his tractor with a round bale of straw for my coops. I sent him home with some eggs. Honestly don't know how he can stand going 5 miles on the tractor in this weather, but he did have a windshield.

Strawberry has been outside several times.
She has been pitiful all day.
She's now wrapped up in a blanket.
She's wrapped up to her head.
Reading the manual of the knitting machine.
Read and reread the parts manual pages.
No surprise that I'm missing a bunch of stuff.
Cooked today.
Will have to cook again tomorrow.
Did up two small loads of laundry, washed,dried and put away.
Will have to do up a dab of dishes tomorrow.
It's still cold and going to be cold for awhile longer too.

Stay safe JIm... weatherman said it'd stay north of me. Temp supposed to be 75 tomorrow, was 70 today...

Parts of the internet has been flakey all day...

Getting ready, leave on a short trip tomorrow, VA in the big city... oh goody!
It seems I have used up 75% of my 1 TB for the month
It flips for new month on the 17th.
Reason is Discovery Plus, haven't seen these channels in 10 years.
Binge watching and sleeping.
Good luck with your VA appointment.

At my favorite cheap hotel in the big city. The drive was uneventful. just long. I went for a walk looking for medicinal plants before dark, didn't see anything, still to early in the year to find anything of note on heavily landscaped properties.

Dinner was good, had half of my prime rib sandwich left over from lunch, I picked up a nice salad and a fruit cup from a high end market near the hotel, yummy,

Just going to chill and watch tv,,, update my laptop via wifi here at the hotel... Resident Alien comes on the syfi channel at 9, funny show.

Resident Alien comes on the syfi channel at 9, funny show.

We love that show!

It's an inside day, today.
Will do video first.
Take eBay photos.
Work on a couple of lists.
Make a phone call or two.

It's rainy and we had thunderstorms overnight and this morning. It's going to get cold for several days with snow expected Monday! Hopefully then on to Spring!

Staying home putting up drywall and keeping the outdoor boiler filled. Its -37 F.
this morning. A neighbor youngin is doing some electrical work as well. Its too cold for the out door job he had in town an hour away.

He went to school here and says he always wondered what was in the locked janitor's room. Now he knows. His dad is a rancher and he brought over 60 lbs of beef to tide us over until they can butcher a steer in the summer. That filled a small hole the freezer and I am feeling a bit better because of it; that and knowing there is more where it came from, just down the road.

Last edited:
Went into town to get taxes done, out to lunch, and did some shopping. My favorite cousin's birthday is tomorrow, so I needed to gift shop. And get more small propane for our Mr Buddys. Dish guy was out replacing a cable, tv works now. Kids are unrolling a huge bale of straw, and getting some more put in the coops. Also adding a bunch of cardboard boxes (we had leftover from moving) and putting them on their sides, filling with straw, for some more areas the chickens can stay warm. With a low of neg 16 on Monday, we're trying to keep all the animals as warm as possible. Moved more dog kennels into the basement where it's warm, and they can start sleeping in there tonight. It'll be a low of 1 tonight.

Finally got some communication established with my employer's health dept. I got some guidance for what needs to be done. They're requiring more paperwork from the hospital, plus another cardiologist exam. And I have to file for FMLA leave or they'll discipline me for missing work. But, I've got the proper info for exactly what needs to be done and the contact info for where I need to send my info, so I'm feeling a bit better about the situation now. So long as I hold up my end, I'm thinking this should all be taken care of in a month or so...

Not a damn thing.

Its one degree outside today. And yesterday I got my second Covid shot. The first one had no effect, but this second one has my arm sore, my joints aching, and I have no energy. I keep trying to watch TV and instead I just fall asleep.

I'm drinking some coffee right now (7PM) and hoping to get up the energy to make a batch of homemade gyro meat.

Latest posts

Back