What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was supposed to drive to town to do some shopping. Guests stayed late so that was messed up. Decided to go tomorrow instead, just got a two night booking starting with earlier checkin tomorrow, maybe town next week. Ah well, it supplements the income during the off season

Was supposed to drive to town to do some shopping. Guests stayed late so that was messed up. Decided to go tomorrow instead, just got a two night booking starting with earlier checkin tomorrow, maybe town next week. Ah well, it supplements the income during the off season
Any business is good business is what I used to think. Now it's most business is good business. Some of it's not worth the trouble. As word gets out your off season will get more traffic!
Good luck for you and prayers daily sent.

Today I started off the morning with putting on a load of washing in the washing machine and went to hang it on the line but saw it was overcast and about to rain so in the clothes dryer it went.

Then we went and did our 6 weekly grocery shop and came in a tad under budget and managed to pick up 2 x 1kg yoghurts for $2.10ea on clearance saving $9.80 on usual prices for DH who is taking antibiotics at the moment. Got home and DH had a nap due to hip pain and I put away the cold items and when he woke up we dated and put the rest of the items away in the cupboards. It was only a small shop today but we managed to stock the freezer back up on 5.4kg of beef sausages, 3kg of bacon, almonds and Macadamia nuts and rolled oats used too.

Tonight's dinner was the other half of our mince stir fry and we had ice-cream and homemade hot chocolate fudge sauce yum.

Great price on the yogurt, Sewing. We found a sale on it, too, this weekend at Sams. The big container of Chobani plain was on sale for $2.25, and I bought two, because we use it in our smoothies. Back to smoothie dinner night. We overindulged this weekend. Husband is a snacker, and we overindulged.
Gumpy. I hope you feel better quick. That's a bummer after waiting for that lumber.

@gumpy really sorry to hear that you have hurt yourself :( , rest up and get better soon :D :huggs:.
Rest is hard for me! I believe that God's making me do some thinking about things. We had a good heart to heart talk Sunday evening.

Great price on the yogurt, Sewing. We found a sale on it, too, this weekend at Sams. The big container of Chobani plain was on sale for $2.25, and I bought two, because we use it in our smoothies. Back to smoothie dinner night. We overindulged this weekend. Husband is a snacker, and we overindulged.
Gumpy. I hope you feel better quick. That's a bummer after waiting for that lumber.
Thank y'all for the get well wishes. I'm still not as bad as some people have it!

Our company is coming tomorrow instead of Sat. so after I got the potatoes in the the pc, I made cornbread for dressing and ran to the store for the few things needed.

Now the company is back to coming Saturday. Jeepers! Just make up your mind folks! I do look forward to seeing them, but am tired of the back and forth stuff! Made another small pan of cornbread today since somehow part of yesterdays disappeared. Doing a load of laundry, sweeping front porch and eBay. No cooking until Friday!

Made the no bake pumpkin treats for the pups!

Last edited:
No grand daughter today.
Strawberry got away from me today.
We're in middle of ice storm, she decides to go chase big blowup balloon at business up the hill.
She's been growling at it all week.
She's home now, getting earful, cold, shaking, icy.
Rubbed her dry with warmed towel,laying on my lap.
Ought to be doing laundry, not walking in this ice storm to laundry room.
Got a pot of potatoes on stove cooking,potato and ham soup for supper.
Might sew a bit,and or take a nap.
Leaning towards the nap.

I went to town this morning, got a hair cut and chicken feed. I also had gravy and biscuits with a side of bacon at a little restaurant. I stopped and got a price on a new windshield to... my old one is really dirty!:D

No, back during the severe cold we had my windshield cracked all the way across. There was a rock chip and I started the truck early to melt some ice off it. When I came out to get in my truck! :mad:

This afternoon I got part of the garden plowed along with my herb bed. I plowed a fire break around the high field. I need to burn the whole field off. A relative does contract burning for the state. He's going to come up and help when the rain stops. It'll be nice to have a professional helping. :)

Last edited:
Bought groceries, life jackets and insulation and a paddle for boat and a compass . Got a sale on a big bag of chicken leg and thigh to mix with dog food. Will freeze some of it after it is cooked, and use a little over their food . Last month it was ground beef. This old dog is worth every penny and of course the others are too. Bought Canna Aqua Vega fertilizers for hydroponics.
Cooking the chicken right now. Got a few more tomatoes out of GH.

Bought groceries, life jackets and insulation and a paddle for boat and a compass . Got a sale on a big bag of chicken leg and thigh to mix with dog food. Will freeze some of it after it is cooked, and use a little over their food . Last month it was ground beef. This old dog is worth every penny and of course the others are too. Bought Canna Aqua Vega fertilizers for hydroponics.
Cooking the chicken right now. Got a few more tomatoes out of GH.

Maybe send the paddle and life jackets over to @gumpy

Got these compasses today in the mail. 12 for $1.00. Small and they all worked. I had several compasses already but I distributed one in some of my packs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12pcs-20mm-Small-Pocket-Mini-Compass-for-Outdoor-Hiking-Camping-Survival-tool-GE/132446173546?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

What a deal! :thumbs up:

Maybe send the paddle and life jackets over to @gumpy

Poor Gump is having a bad week, but this is funny. :Thankyou: fro the laugh.

We are working in the greenhouse today. Setting back up reservoir to put lettuce and bell pepper transplants in. Cleaning porch and GH.

Mmmmmm....love the aroma of sliced jalapeno peppers and onions browning in butter to go in swiss steak for supper....and listening to thunder and rain/sleet falling...and the rain barrel tanks are running over, such a blessing...laugh when I think how hubby piped rain water to the cold water faucet in his bathroom.....

We are iced in. Not sure what our roads look like. Our computer mouse picked today to go out. Jim is going to attempt to get the mail and check the roads. If they aren't bad then he'll go get a new mouse so we can pay bills.
We've been going through picture boxes to thin tgem out and separate them to go to various kids and families. I'm trying to decluttler.

Latest posts

Back