What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucks haven't been making sign here. Been seeing something odd all summer though, even last week. Doe's moving in daylight, think i mentioned it before. Several times a month while driving i see them, almost weekly, very unusual. They almost never move in daylight unless disturbed. But this is wide spread, 100 miles of rural roads. I expect to see 5 or 6 a year, not often. But in these numbers? can't guess why either.
Bucks were in heavy rut last week and seriously chasing does here. Should slack off for few weeks and they’ll start running the girls again

Put up a quart of elderberry syrup for this coming winter. We have a couple doses left of last years batch. We have already started using it because K is working the night shift at the refinery and the dumbasses he works over don't want to miss out on any overtime and double time so they come to work sick. So far we have been able to stop most of the sniffles and colds before they are full blown and he only feels like he is sick for a day or two.

I also started a jar of 'fire water'. It should be ready in December when we really start getting sick or feeling gross. My hands smell like garlic and peppers. I need to start a quart of honey lemon as well. The girls hate my 'witchy cures' but they work and so far it saves us money.

Hopefully K gets the job with the Texas company and we can focus on getting out of Commiefornia after the holidays. Next step is they will fly K out to do some in person interviews and walk a few jobs they have.

Put up a quart of elderberry syrup for this coming winter. We have a couple doses left of last years batch. We have already started using it because K is working the night shift at the refinery and the dumbasses he works over don't want to miss out on any overtime and double time so they come to work sick. So far we have been able to stop most of the sniffles and colds before they are full blown and he only feels like he is sick for a day or two.

I also started a jar of 'fire water'. It should be ready in December when we really start getting sick or feeling gross. My hands smell like garlic and peppers. I need to start a quart of honey lemon as well. The girls hate my 'witchy cures' but they work and so far it saves us money.

Hopefully K gets the job with the Texas company and we can focus on getting out of Commiefornia after the holidays. Next step is they will fly K out to do some in person interviews and walk a few jobs they have.

Glad you're close to getting out of there! Even better you checked in, been wondering how yall were. Even thought of something the other day i was going to ask you. Oh, something about Santa Clarita, i used to live there... darn it, now i can't remember. 😁

It's 4:00 AM, see Y'all around 10:00.
3am here, going back to sleep for a bit myself!! Today I have two small jobs, not bad since it's supposed to be my day off ☹️🤪!! The person who makes my schedule (me 🙄) has me working 6 days a week again!! On the upside, I am having lunch with my two 93 year old friends, been a while! Never a dull moment with those two!

Here it is almost 8:00. I ain't mad about it. I woke up to an odd-looking orange cat sitting on my keyboard. Old Ma Wildcat isn't far out now if one of her babies is here. It tore the house up getting out of course, but she's around here somewhere, It looks just like her!

Enjoy f'king my bathroom up while you can Mr. Possum, She'll put a stop to that!

I've been exhausted since DH fell November 1st. Doing too much and can't catch up.
Will be raining in a few minutes, so not walking first-probably about 10 am.
At some point may walk dogs, weather permitting.
DH has therapy today- at home.
Still have to make Magus's McDonald muffins.
Maybe finish Christmas cards.
I need to slow down and hopefully today is the day!

Magus's McDonald muffins
I had those for breakfast yesterday, there is a new twist! Slapping a beef patty back to back with a sausage patty, a slice of cheese AND an egg poached in a stainless cat food bowl, everything fits perfect on $ store waffles and one is a meal!

No, the cat food bowl was new, but that's what its intent was.

OH, I forgot, it's still early:
Between the meats, sprinkle some sage, red pepper, and a tiny drop of maple syrup.

I hear you, Snappy. I tend to do that. I think I hit a wall Wednesday evening. Constant doc stuff and caretaking takes its toll. Yesterday was busy but tolerable. I looked at husband last night and said that today is the first weekday in ages that there is no appt I have to get him to. He told me not to jinx him, ha.
No appointments today. Hooray. Our calendar is full up with them otherwise, and he wants to make a Denver trip in about 5 weeks. But for today, all we have is an Amish dinner at the old Mennonite church down the road tonight. Turkey dinner with all the trimmings. The dinner is a donation event, with the money going to the amish medical relief fund.

I missed your rabbit updates!! Do you still have them? Are you moving them? Glad you are getting out of there

Yesterday I was off, had to take the wife into the dentist due to a lost (fell off, not truly lost) crown, then 4 hours of work related phone calls, followed by having to call the pharmacy to trace down the missing medicine for the wife (it was back-ordered 10 days ago and they didn't notify us :( ), then having to drive 20 miles to a "local" pharmacy who had what she needed (they were kind enough to let me wait for an extra 30 minutes while they pulled it). The day was pretty much shot. I had be planning to go to the land fill, but by the time I finished the other stuff they were closed. I checked their website and they had posted that today they were on a "normal" pickup schedule.

This morning it was raining, we need the rain but I wanted to do yard work. Good news is that the truck was already loaded for the land fill, so at 09:00 off I go to the land fill (15 miles each way) only to find the gates securely locked :( . So, I am doing laundry and dishes... I think I already burnt my cookies....

I am in the middle of trying to prepare a power point presentation on Pet Sheltering during disaster for our CERT( Community Emergency Response Team) members. It is about how to properly fill out the paperwork for the pets that people are arriving with
that are staying at the people shelter and need sheltering for their pets also.

I am having a hard time converting a PDF to a fillable form. It's driving me crazy!!!!:dunno:

We took our old dog to the Vet.
He's a mini wiener dog chihuahua cross and he's almost 16 years old.
Lab work shows he's doing OK for an old dog.
He doesn't hear much, his eye sight is getting worse, he's overweight and he has some bad teeth.
In other words he's kind of like me.:D
They had some really cute kittens but my wife was pretty adamant about not getting any more animals.
She is right but I still want one. Two cats are better than one I say.

I installed the flat washers on the axle and flipped over the handles of the generator.

20231110_153948_HDR.jpg

They now fold down for storage.

20231110_154046_HDR.jpg

Next step will be adding oil and testing it out.

Ben

Fell asleep with a cough drop in my mouth last night and woke up with a sore throat. Felt tired all day. Tried to contact Panasonic CS because my microwave (which is less than a year old) crapped out and had error H97. Googled and looked for it on Youtube but it could be numerous things. Found a repair place in Lake Charles BUT any presence of roaches voids the warranty and that thing has been crawling with roaches. I know if I kill them inside of it they will still be evident. But it may be cheaper to get it fixed than to replace it. I'm just too tired to think right now. Mom insisted that I *had* to go to the store to get medicine for my brother & then had to get take-out food because we can't microwave stuff and I'm dropping everything & stumbling so trying to cook on the stove is not a good idea.

Only a little energy today but I got a lot accomplished. It was linen day too so I got 4 loads of laundry done total.

Rainy day outside, started getting little showers just after midnight, continued today, sometimes just misting rain. So outside projects didn’t get touched. We badly need rain, hope it keeps on.

Played a full 60min bluegrass set this afternoon, haven’t done that since August. No plans tonight but a little tv.

I am in the middle of trying to prepare a power point presentation on Pet Sheltering during disaster for our CERT( Community Emergency Response Team) members. It is about how to properly fill out the paperwork for the pets that people are arriving with
that are staying at the people shelter and need sheltering for their pets also.

I am having a hard time converting a PDF to a fillable form. It's driving me crazy!!!!:dunno:
Hope you get it accomplished, THANK YOU for doing it!! So many pets get lost during natural disasters, hard for them, they don't understand!!♥️

We took our old dog to the Vet.
He's a mini wiener dog chihuahua cross and he's almost 16 years old.
Lab work shows he's doing OK for an old dog.
He doesn't hear much, his eye sight is getting worse, he's overweight and he has some bad teeth.
In other words he's kind of like me.:D
They had some really cute kittens but my wife was pretty adamant about not getting any more animals.
She is right but I still want one. Two cats are better than one I say.
I feel another cat coming my way!! It's coming!!🤔😉

Took today off, recuperating from hand surgery. Minor stuff, they saw some stuff they needed to send in. First checkup yesterday. Results were negative.🥳 Helping my wife recuperate from hip replacement which was delayed for almost a year. All is well.🙏
A speedy recovery for both of you!! Take care of yourselves!!

Latest posts

Back