What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so trying to put Otto in the milkstand to do his nails was definitely worse than trying to put a sheep in there, no way was he going to stay in there. He would have hurt himself or broke the thing first
So nails didn't get done

did do hoof on 1 sheep , dog is harder than the sheep
any suggestions?

ok, so trying to put Otto in the milkstand to do his nails was definitely worse than trying to put a sheep in there, no way was he going to stay in there. He would have hurt himself or broke the thing first
So nails didn't get done

any suggestions?
There is a sedative they can give him, clip his nails then give him a reversal. I don’t know what they charge for that these days but it didn’t used to be bad.
Or can you take him for runs on pavement?

Hubby and I had a date day which is what our oldest niece called it when we have to go measure up a job 🙄😂. It began pouring right when we arrived. It did clear up just long enough for us to get it measured. As soon as we got back to the shop it cut loose.
By the time I got home, it cleared up enough that I was able to get my spuds planted.

Not much today, had to go to the big town 2 days in a row, it wiped me out. So, my guitar badly needed a new set of strings. It got a good cleaning and new strings. For a couple hrs this afternoon I played along to Bluegrass junction on siriusxm. No plans this evening but dinner followed by more pickin’.

Well , busy day then decided to relax and do a little fishing
And then the excursion cost me 70 bucks I just put this mirror on 2/3 months ago

Backing up I was watching the other side

IMG_0006.jpeg

So nails didn't get done

any suggestions?
I told you how to hold his legs so he can't move them!!! 1) MUZZLE, 2) front legs: have someone hold and squeeze above the elbow. He can't move those tendons! Back legs, hold and squeeze above the hock! Calm and gentle! But never put up with your dog biting, YOU are the alpha!!

Hubby and I had a date day which is what our oldest niece called it when we have to go measure up a job 🙄😂. It began pouring right when we arrived. It did clear up just long enough for us to get it measured. As soon as we got back to the shop it cut loose.
By the time I got home, it cleared up enough that I was able to get my spuds planted.
I hope you enjoyed the hot date you had with your husband! LOL

Today will be a nice spring day, I'll try to dig up the narcissus and Peonies Lori wants to take to the new place. Might try for the big hibiscus too.

After today, 5 days of April showers :p

Last edited:
Today is Good Friday
I will be going to church to have lunch and listen to a guest speaker
After that. I am going fishing

Matthew 27:32-56​

IMG_0008.jpeg

King James Version​

32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
36 And sitting down they watched him there;
37 And set up over his head his accusation written, This Is Jesus The King Of The Jews.
38 Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.
39 And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,
40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.
41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,
42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
44 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.
45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.
48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
55 And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:
56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Last edited:
I told you how to hold his legs so he can't move them!!! 1) MUZZLE, 2) front legs: have someone hold and squeeze above the elbow. He can't move those tendons! Back legs, hold and squeeze above the hock! Calm and gentle! But never put up with your dog biting, YOU are the alpha!!
he doesn't bite like a dog would bite to hurt you but he tries to put his teeth on my, thats enough
and LOL he is VERY strong
I am now trying to get him to let him touch his paws and give him a treat if he lets me. but as soon as he sees the nail clippers he freaks
front legs are the problem , I will try the squeeze above the elbow thing , thanks!

Still waiting on goat kids, and I need to go shopping. I dont want to be gone for more than a few hours in case anything happens, but I really need to go shopping. I don't want to go shopping by myself either , I know weird, but thats me....I hate shopping . I need to go to RK too to get more milk replacer.
I might have to go by myself and just smoke a lot of weed before going in the store , blahhh stupid problems I have. Sometimes I really wished I was more normal. Normal people can go shopping by themselves without even thinking about that they are by themselves in a store. I cannot send husband either, he is the absolute worst at shopping. Especially when it comes to fresh stuff. He will come home with brown bananas and wilted lettuce...LOL ( not quite but close) and he will buy a ton of junk and forget the important things and so on
Son does ok shopping but he has classes today
I think people that don't cook are not good at shopping for food
Plus we have another wind warning yuck
the wind has been really awful lately and you end up with hay in your eyes at the barn

Should this go into the rant section? Sorry

The Group the Hu. Fascinates me. Rock and roll done using Hungarian throat sing culture. The sound of the singing. And the introduction of the sitar sp? Is freaking mind blowing. Hey took music appreciation in schoool. I like everything

Hubby is have extensive dental work done this morning. In the afternoon, I’m taking a friend to go look at a piece of property she’s interested in. She can’t drive right now because of knee surgery three weeks ago.

I don’t know what to cook for hubby that he’ll be able to eat. Maybe scrambled eggs?
1711720152529.png

done the second cup, I am in a bit of shock, it's not snowing, now I don't have an excuse , so I guess I should go find some dry wood to process.

Waiting on the coffee to brew.
Dishes
Cooking day-maybe?
Still got to go to Alidi's.
But coffee first.
Glad to see you have your priorities straight 😉

Woke up at 3am. Coffeed up by 4. Supposed to be my day off but I “get” to work. Have my new tires to take in to have mounted then can get the studs off which will be much quieter. Long to do list.
Oh yeah- radishes are sprouting- direct sewed them outside 😍

Another rainy somewhat relaxing day. Hoping to get back to work next week, been rather laid up with back issues from a fall last month. Need this rain to let up for a while also. Contemplating retiring, would like to work this last season, undecided.
You’ve been off work from a fall?! Sorry to hear that.
Retiring…I can’t see myself retiring unless I win that lottery but I gotta play to win.
Today is the start of my 4 day weekend and I need new brakes put on my car. LH used to handle that kind of stuff, he knew how to do anything on our vehicles. I have the brakes but paying for the labor…💰:confused2: I had planned on going to Dallas but realized brakes would be the better idea…
Many sewing projects to catch up on, gardening and yard work.
Oh and a nap…

I'm being a happy camper, even though still home.

Today was the annual company breakfast with team participation games and door prizes. The business owner goes all-out buying great top-quality gifts and everyone wins something, often a combination of useful items. This years grand prize was a $250 Visa gift card that can be used anywhere that accepts Visa.

My ticket was drawn for a folding camp chair (I've had a few and the quality of this is top-notch) a large insulated spill-proof mug that has 'keg beer' written all over it, Deep Woods Off and leather work gloves.

:)

Neighbor and her nature loving home schooled boys are coming by to take a quick peek in the blue bird nest box. There are six eggs there. I’m inviting them to come by weekly to watch the chicks grow.

I bought some plants yesterday I want to get into the ground soon. Some are bare roots and I’ll start them inside so I can see if the actually grow. Once they’re outside, they are on their own. LOL

So before I said its not snowing, I get ready to go outside and it starts snowing again, if anybody really wants to know, otherwise ignore me.

@Tirediron i went to the store, not saying which one. I’ve got near 80 degrees and you’re looking at snow. You should have another cup of coffee.
I don’t drink coffee but I am drinking Barq’s root beer (caffeine) and just finished lunch even though it’s near dinner time for some of y’all.
Doing laundry too.
Since I started working full time, like 3 years ago, I do not get much else done so I’m trying to catch up on a few things.

Latest posts

Back