What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching DW pulling her hair out because our Verizon phone service went dark :(.
We can still connect to the tower, but nothing down below.
If you try to make a call, nothing but silence.
We still have WiFi internet because it is wired service from At&t.
Edit: Of course the website is saying: "nobody is calling in an outage". Well, no 💩!:LOL:
Be sure to take a pix of her pulling her hair out. She will appreciate it later when you remind her. Follow me for more marriage advice 😍😂

Boy, that would get someone no dinner for sure. Don't do it!
Set up a time that the minister that comes to sing with mom will come out tomorrow late morning. Husband is sorry that he can't come, but we'll pray for her and sit with her and maybe a few of her favorite songs. A phone call tonight to my Oklahoma nephew. Letting him know about his grandma, and catching up with him and his farm stuff.

Set up a time that the minister that comes to sing with mom will come out tomorrow late morning. Husband is sorry that he can't come, but we'll pray for her and sit with her and maybe a few of her favorite songs. A phone call tonight to my Oklahoma nephew. Letting him know about his grandma, and catching up with him and his farm stuff.
Just hugs and prayers!!♥️

I haven’t said anything because I’m not even sure what to pray for for you AH. You have so much on your plate, be sure to take care of you, hug your family, and know that you are a blessing to those who know you 💖

Best wishes for medical issues..
Today was dentist day. Cleaning was kind of rough as it has been going on near 2 years now..
Have one more appointment next week..

At 62F, calm, partly sunny today.. The clouds that went through all had black bottoms, so I'm surprised it didn't rain.. No eclipse here yesterday as it was 100% mid level cloud cover..

Our most perished moments with my mother passing was when my granddaughter (2) climbing over great gramma bed and great gramma was pleased.

Ben

Best wishes for medical issues..
Today was dentist day. Cleaning was kind of rough as it has been going on near 2 years now..
Have one more appointment next week..

At 62F, calm, partly sunny today.. The clouds that went through all had black bottoms, so I'm surprised it didn't rain.. No eclipse here yesterday as it was 100% mid level cloud cover..
Talking of dentist ...I dont know why but each time I go to dentist and they play in my mouth makes me almost sleepy ..

Amish: well wishes for your family, so sorry you are dealing with all of this

Rusty: hope you feel better too

I need to go check on the last goat , we stayed up to check on her late yesterday because she was acting like she might have her kids but nothing happening so we did go to bed. Hope she is ok this morning

Had an exhausting day yesterday, worked from morning till night with a long trip to drop off animals in the middle, all in the pouring rain. More of that today but at least we don't have to go anywhere.
I hurt some muscle in my back chasing after a goat kid to put it back in the stall with his mom and as I was grabbing it, something got injured. It's not the spine but some muscle or nerve next to it. If i move just the wrong way it really hurt. How annoying
Need to go shopping, swimming and take a break but that last goat needs to be done first, and weather needs to improve.

Sonya, I hear ya on the back thing, mine is better, but the past two weeks have been pretty bad! Hope you get some good weather soon!! Raining here too today, will have the house to myself where I'm going to clean. This is extra work for one of my regular couples. They are going to the city to be with their son who is having a minor surgery! The rain should end here early afternoon, but not planning anything much outside today! I'll brush the mud off of Buddy so he can roll in it again, he especially likes the red clay! 🙄

Sonya, I hear ya on the back thing, mine is better, but the past two weeks have been pretty bad! Hope you get some good weather soon!! Raining here too today, will have the house to myself where I'm going to clean. This is extra work for one of my regular couples. They are going to the city to be with their son who is having a minor surgery! The rain should end here early afternoon, but not planning anything much outside today! I'll brush the mud off of Buddy so he can roll in it again, he especially likes the red clay! 🙄
I am now sitting in the house, my back REALLY hurts after cleaning some stalls and lifting babies to put back in....

The good news: the goat had 2 large beautiful boys last night , they were all dried off and walking around this morning and she seemed fine also. This is very surprising , her eyelids were so pale , the FAMACHA card had her as dead..... Been giving her red cell stuff ( for horses) the entire pregnancy and she has been dewormed 3 times , her eyelids still look almost white, don't know how she is alive and produced healthy kids!

Hope your back gets better too!! I think we do too much physical labor , oh well

Coffee, well wishes to all who need or want them, generated a few extra stiff and sores yesterday, but Got what needed done (at least in my mind) ,done woke up to a bit of a winter wonderland effect this morning, the aspen are starting to bud, and there was a wet snow last evening. every thing is covered in a sparkly white coat, until the sun hits it.

Rainy keeping great grand daughter, aren't our babies our most important prize? Our little ones are the key to the worlds problems if we don't teach them war greed and hate there will be none, only governments and politicians need wars the rest of us just try to end them.

I hope all of your babies and families can be well, healthy and happy for all time.

We are trying to do the best for ours daily with what we have against an increasingly hostile world it seems.
May GOD bless us as all we strive to be worthy of HIS GRACE.
I have a long way to climb to the gate myself, I hope you don't.

I am ready for the weather to give me a burn break for a lot of brush piles, rain today and for two or three more, seems like when you get a dry day or two then the wind is too gusty for burning.

Take the RAM back for another sensor and reset to get it back to full power.

Gonna do a fuel saving highpo tune that wont void the warranty on it as soon as It is done.

Close to 480hp and 1250tq easier shifts too.

I had a stressful day at the thrift store today. Last week, we discovered a woman had been pulling price tags off of things then asking how much hoping to get a lower price. My coworker confronted her the next time she came in to shop. I was the one she conned into a lower price and I didn’t realize what she was doing. So she came in today when I was working and I confronted her, too. She said she didn’t know it had been priced, though my coworker TOLD her how much the item was so I know she knew. We found the price tags in the floor where the items were. I told her I felt like I couldn’t trust her anymore. She stood her ground and was not sorry at all.

Then, a woman and her husband came in 5 minutes before closing. I told them we close in 5 minutes. The slowly browsed around the store. I said we’re closing. They continue to non chalantly (sp?) browse the store. I again said I was closing. They look at me and keep browsing. I went and turned off the lights but there are windows so it wasn’t pitch black. They bring their items up to me and I ring up their purchases. Then the man, angrily, said you didn’t have to turn the lights off on us. I said it didn’t look like they were finishing up. They stormed out and slammed the door. I feel a bit bad but I also feel justified. 😩 And both offenders were of the same ethnicity and they were not black.

Thanks. I get that. Feeling kinda like an orphan today, which is weird. I'm the one who she lived near, so I'm the one doing alot of the planning locally. She is being cremated, and I really hate that, but that's what she wanted. So many phone calls today. I'm tired of sobbing, and hearing from odd, distant family members. Tomorrow, my favorite cousin and I will clean out mom's room. And the mortuary wants me there in the afternoon.

Just got off work. Smoked half a J. Vaped a little, talked to Magus on the phone. Prepared some files for a project. lamented the fact that I don't have a good drawing app anymore that I'd use for this project.

Plan on making tea later.

Latest posts

Back