What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today dad wanted me to take him shopping and to get a haircut. I got lunch at the chinese place while he was getting a trim. Then it was off to wally’s, I needed a few groceries too. I was done in 20min including putting them in the car. It took him an hour to fill the little basket on the electric cart. He’s sooooo slooooow… lol. But… at the same time he’s an escape artist on one of those carts, can vanish while I’m talking to him 🤣. We finally got everything needed then i stopped and filled his car up with gas before leaving town.

Somebody decided that it would be a good plan to put the transmission back in the jacobsen/bucher , my back is tired so I stopped for yet another afternoon coffee. I really hope my parch works for a while.
Maybe you should scald whoever made that decision 😂

Wow what a day. Woke at 1:30 AM, didn’t get back to sleep until about 3:30-4AM then the alarm went off at 4:30 🤪. I’m wearing down. Went and got my tires taken care of again- seems to have worked this time. Picked up a couple of speckled Sussex chicks. Came home and got them situated. Ground some wheat for flour. Mixed up oatmeal monster batter. Headed to HD and picked up lumber for a small coop. Came back and mowed, cleaned the garage and played musical vehicles so it doesn’t look so much like Sanford and son out there. Picked up a bunch of random “stuff” to just clean things up. Came in and baked monsters. Will hopefully work on the coop tomorrow and maybe get the weedeating done.

We are working on graduating from GaT&T internet (expensive) to Verizon 5G.
DW got the router today, plugged up and running.
I was so proud of her, had to get a picture of it. :D
How pretty is this? :dancing:
IMG_20240412_183513.jpg

I have been fighting off a flue like cold for at least a week. Slept in and had no energy so I deciced to take a quick drive 20 miles away and up into the hills (when you live next to the continental divide it is kind of hard to avoid hills) . Nice time of year here with snow still on top the hills and in higher elevation gulies that dont get any sun.
I drove up the road the real estate said the property was on and didnt see any signs just locked gates and trump flags.
But I took some photos of the area to let my friend see what the area looks like. Big puffy white clouds and blue blue sky...71 degrees here which is sweaty weather in a
T shirt after our winter weather..

I couldn't get much sleep last night. Mom's blood sugar kept going too low and I had to keep getting her some apple juice and stuff. Got maybe 2 hours of rest and had to go for Samsclub curbside pickup. I put in an order for takeout at the chinese place and it took 10+ minutes for my stuff at Samsclub to be brought out. Employee looked tired but was friendly and efficient. Picked up Chinese food and headed home. Unloaded stuff and brought food to Mom. Wouldn't you know she was hungry an hour later? LOL.

Been pestering Frodo in PMs about leatherworking and craft ideas.

Forgot to take out the trash and still need to do that. Checked and confirmed Mom's taxes were accepted. I'm about to take a nap. Then it will be trash duty, litterbox cleaning, and HVAC filter changing.

I had a pretty good, easy day at work today.
I just returned from the accountant. I was very pleased to hear I only owe about $3k total for the state and federal extortionists. That is about half of what I paid last year and I only had 5 months of taxes taken out of my pay as my new job I started in June didn't take out taxes because I am his only employee and it is just easier to be paid cash with the 1099 tax form. Anyways, I am very pleased as I had more than twice that set aside. Apparently the business expenses I had trying to rebuild were enough to whittle away a bunch of what I normally pay. I just adjusted my retirement to have a little extra money taken out of my monthly check so I should be sitting even better next year, I hope.
Tonight I am going to rest and relax. I think I am owed that after worrying about taxes the past few months.
Tomorrow I have 3 different orders to work on for customers. I should be able to get them done by early afternoon. I might do the artwork for one order this evening, or at least start on it.
Aside from all that, CHEERS!!!🍺🍻🍷🥃🍸🍹🍿

I have been fighting off a flue like cold for at least a week. Slept in and had no energy so I deciced to take a quick drive 20 miles away and up into the hills (when you live next to the continental divide it is kind of hard to avoid hills) . Nice time of year here with snow still on top the hills and in higher elevation gulies that dont get any sun.
I drove up the road the real estate said the property was on and didnt see any signs just locked gates and trump flags.
But I took some photos of the area to let my friend see what the area looks like. Big puffy white clouds and blue blue sky...71 degrees here which is sweaty weather in a
T shirt after our winter weather..
Have you had any bone broth?

Wow what a day. Woke at 1:30 AM, didn’t get back to sleep until about 3:30-4AM then the alarm went off at 4:30 🤪. I’m wearing down. Went and got my tires taken care of again- seems to have worked this time. Picked up a couple of speckled Sussex chicks. Came home and got them situated. Ground some wheat for flour. Mixed up oatmeal monster batter. Headed to HD and picked up lumber for a small coop. Came back and mowed, cleaned the garage and played musical vehicles so it doesn’t look so much like Sanford and son out there. Picked up a bunch of random “stuff” to just clean things up. Came in and baked monsters. Will hopefully work on the coop tomorrow and maybe get the weedeating done.
Hey, when you gonna come over here and do some weedeatin? Starting to look kinda shabby. 🤣🤣

Cause everbody just has to know, the transmission is mostly in, the shop tiger are very helpful they are really good inspectors great at knocking tools off of anywhere that isn't the floor. I left a few parts for them to install, like the front driveshaft and the shifters, morning will see how that goes.

Sounds like she had time, wonder what's wrong with her???🤔
she can't decide between weed eating or helping the tigers with their project:brewing:

Hooking up my rebuilt computer and storing my laptops and library drives.
boxing up some packages to ship on Monday.
Feeding the coons.
Minor repairs since I can walk again.

Mom wanted food again. Fortunately she likes the lo mein and the green beans from the Chinese place and I got the "family size" versions so it should last a couple of days.
Need any "stir fry" recipes?

Sounds like lots of energy, Pearl. Husband was up every half hour last night, so no sleep at all. I'm put for his infusion, otherwise I'd be back to bed to get at least a bit of sleep. Need to get him to the hospital late morning for a bandage change for the pic line. Then after lunch, taking little granddaughter to get a dress for the spring band concert that she'll play in at her school next week.

My only day off until next Saturday! Mowing, spraying fence lines with vegetation killer (before the winds start), brushing critters, some laundry, and 9,000 other things that need to get done!!
I feel the same way, only I don't get a day off at all LOL
Trying to make lists on what to prioritize before the trip

Going to a hotsprings.

Coffee, hoping the stiff and sore dissipates to somewhat functional soon, See if the tigers did anything other than move stuff around and eat or it I get to finish my tractor/ side by engine thing myself

you're finally back! I hate computer problems, had some myself
It was a bit more than the stupid computer, same crap as last year, back went boom, a bunch of other stupid bills piled up on me because they "rolled over" on me all at once, vehicle pooped on me again etc.. OH and a really bad trade deal.

you probably already thought of this ,but don't let anyone drag that track off any further, their will be lots of swearing involved fixing that "little problem"
You can’t tell by the photo it’s on a 2/1 slope. I had to drag the track off to get it off the slope. I have several big hoes there to get the track back on the machine.

You can’t tell by the photo it’s on a 2/1 slope. I had to drag the track off to get it off the slope. I have several big hoes there to get the track back on the machine.
did it break/Loose a pin or the joint bolts fall out/break??

Latest posts

Back