What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving a 3 hour class to a couple hundred folks online today on how to startup, inspect, and operate a variety of small water systems. It froze last night so I’m currently drinking some coffee in front of the pellet stove and watching some morning news before work. Boys are up and moving around. Hubby is on a man camp trip with some friends and the neighbors down in Hells Canyon this week, so it’s pretty quiet during the middle of the day.

Getting In Gear while Waiting for the Rain to Stop Falling on Me Head...

"Raindrops on roses And whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favorite things...

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels Doorbells and sleigh bells And schnitzel with noodles Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings...

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes Silver-white winters that melt into springs...

When the dog bites When the bee stings When I'm feeling sad I simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad"...!!!

Last edited:
It's been a good week so far. No derailments at work, and the weather is fantastic this morning. We have thunderstorms coming in later this afternoon though. Right now I'm just enjoying the calm weather. We've had ridiculous wind for about a month and right now it's still. Yesterday we had to brace ourselves to keep from getting blown over at work.

The dispatcher is giving us the finger this morning. The only train scheduled to run through the site we're working on, is two hours out but he won't let us have the track until the train goes by. So I'm twiddling my thumbs. I might run out of phone battery before the day is over!🤣

Got a dentist appointment this morning. We're bringing the cattle up here in 2 weeks so I really need to get started on fence repairs. I've only got about 75 fence posts and 1 unit of railroad ties on hand. I'll go down later in the week and pick up more posts and barb wire. Every year I put in between 300-800 new fence posts.
Last Fall the forest service did a controlled burn around 3 sides of our property, they burned almost a half mile of my fence in one area. And it just happened to be in the steepest area too. The FS said they'd replace it, but I'm not counting on it. I'll replace it myself and send them a bill. Last week I seeded about 5 acres in new pasture grass. I'd like to clear and seed 10 acres a year.

Took the girls to school...husband's stuff done for now. Readying to go out and do chores with the animals, water the greenhouse. Have loads of stuff inside to catch up on still. The sun is out, but it's windy again. One of the first time mama cats brought up her dead kitties to the porch this morning, that's always yuck. Three other litters going strong, though. Little granddaughter's school is going on a field trip to the Salt Mines today. Tomorrow is the last day of school for the amish school, but little granddaughter has a few more weeks.

Cleaning up the SBS after the Drew Green Show at Mudslangers.

Drew has a new song coming out about #3 Sonny said they talked about the day and remembering exactly what we did that day.
We were going into Wal Mart in Muscle Shoals Alabama listening to the radio with about 10 laps left and just a pop in and out, took a little more than that and when we got back in it was after the last lap and the announcement was made before we got out of the parking lot.
Funny or maybe NOT how those days are never far below the surface.

A least this SBS made it home in one piece this time.

Next thing is getting two red cars set up for a full paint resto. One is a victory red 2006 Cobalt SSS stage 3,
The other is a 2007 Cadillac DTS Vogue Vintage Edition Lux3 White carriage over Red 4 step, gonna go Back with straight Candy Apple Red metal flake.

The more stuff you have the less time you have to live life.

Seems like I am always a this computer ordering something to fix something or fixing something OR PAYING THE BILLS for fixing something.

Decompress time is just typing with friends, been away nearly fulltime for two days and a lot happens here in two days.

Hope all have a good day and I do not see how some of you get done what you do without having a clone factory!!!

I know some of you must be driving FAST cars, I know the Hellcat is one, but some must have jets HEHEHEHEH!!

Some amazing folk here America at its BEST:clapping:

Coffee, looking at the last snowfall of April
008.jpg

I don't think I know what that is?!
I was really just harassing you, but on the one in a million chance you would see one, they are a needlework thimble for the thumb. Ted (a female) designed a special one for use on the thumb. She is retired and quit making them. If you did find one, I would definitely take it but don't anticipate that happening 😍
1714492516580.png

I was really just harassing you, but on the one in a million chance you would see one, they are a needlework thimble for the thumb. Ted (a female) designed a special one for use on the thumb. She is retired and quit making them. If you did find one, I would definitely take it but don't anticipate that happening 😍
View attachment 129015
That 🐝 Good for Pushing the Needle thru, less Pressure on the Skin of the Thumb...!!!

Posting from my new 2 in 1 laptop I bought a month go. Finally got around to setting it up, a pain for win11. Just turning off all the crap I don't want running in the background took an hour.

Took another hour on the phone with Norton to get those accounts straightened out and the proper products downloaded and installed.

I downloaded firefox then copied my music and photos from backups. That was it, done. I'm only going to use the laptop when traveling, for music and plant medicine. And the rare occasion I need internet access while at a hotel.

I made a linux thumb drive to use, but 2 is 1, 1 is none... as long as i can get the laptop to boot i can run windows or linux. So mobile comms are good to go.

Still need to call dell, make sure the account I have with them properly reflects this new laptop.

Next I need to call and book a hotel for this friday night...

I have made several out of stainless tubing for my sewing friends, easy to do if you're patient.
even easier if you made a texturing chisel.

Reading candy recipe for next lesson in class plan.
The idiots are out in force today.
My car won't be moving for several days after tomorrow.
Town festival is this weekend.
They are already blocking off the streets.
Have to 5 blocks out of way to take care of errand up the road tomorrow.
Coffee, crocheting.

Walked first and then went to Walmart and Aldi for monthly stock up.
I'm tireder than I should be.
I get there for Their Milk :
1714520579167.png
Today it was $2.91 for that Gallon...!!! I get 2 weeks Expiry Dates and Danged if it doesn't stay Fresh even past the Date...!!! Used to buy from the Loco Stores even WD and Publix and it wouldn't 🐝 Fresh a week l8r...!! I also like Their Pkg Salad under $2. and the Cheese Selection and They have some good Dark Chocolate Candy also...! Their Fruits are pretty decent also...!:thumbs:
☃️

👻👻

My mother used to have a decorative thimble collection. One of the cats thought they were great toys. She used to want to play fetch with them. She'd snag one off a shelf, bring it to me, and tap my ankle trying to get me to throw it for her. She did the same with sports bottle caps. I'd throw something and she'd go running after it and bring it back. None of my dogs ever learned to do that but the cat taught herself to do it. I suppose from her perspective she trained us to play with her.

Red curse has me feeling like garbage today. Barely dragged myself out of bed to make breakfast for Mom and then had to nap afterward. Went to Walmart in the afternoon to get my RX and then back home to heat up Chinese leftovers for lunch. Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

View attachment 129037 Today it was $2.91 for that Gallon...!!! I get 2 weeks Expiry Dates and Danged if it doesn't stay Fresh even past the Date...!!! Used to buy from the Loco Stores even WD and Publix and it wouldn't 🐝 Fresh a week l8r...!! I also like Their Pkg Salad under $2. and the Cheese Selection and They have some good Dark Chocolate Candy also...! Their Fruits are pretty decent also...!:thumbs:
☃️

👻👻
Ours comes from:

https://farmnivorous.com/shop/HappyCowsCreameryatNewHorizonFarm

Ours comes from down the road from a cow, or Aldi's sometimes.
All the cooking I was doing last week for all the family here...made a taco bar one night with hamburger. Everyone said the hamburger tasted like real hamburger. I wonder what everyone is eating. Especially the Californians. Ours came from a cow down the road, too.

View attachment 129015
I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for something like that LOL, maybe try ebay?
Usually people ask to bring back chocolate or maybe a clock or something

Today it was $2.91 for that Gallon...!!! I get 2 weeks Expiry Dates and Danged if it doesn't stay Fresh even past the Date...!!! Used to buy from the Loco Stores even WD and Publix and it wouldn't 🐝 Fresh a week l8r...!!
☃️

👻👻
I really miss having goat milk. We have a milk goat but she is still feeding 4 kids. The little tiny one is still with us and growing. Husband calls it the Chiuahua LOL
In the morning and evening we take the other 3 away and put her in a stall with the tiny one so he gets enough milk and the other don't push him out of the way

got the fence done yesterday and put the little bucks in for a few hours, they were eating eating eating. We took them out after that they don't make themselves sick by eating too much green stuff the first day.
We have 5 batteries and charge controllers attached to this contraption since it is in pieces around the house and another building.

Was supposed to rain but no rain yesterday. Now it is supposed to rain Saturday , market day. Not good. We usually get some people on rain days but not a lot. I think I will bake less bread

Today we are going to work on the garden. I am way behind on that.

Last day of driving for the amish school today, they summer break early. Home and animal chores, and little granddaughter has a late start day, so taking her to school later. But she can help with animal chores. Need to pick up more chick starter this morning after that. Bringing husband to the hospital late afternoon for a new midline.
We were supposed to get a storm last night, but everything looks pretty dry this morning.

Just watching the Neighbor Mowing His grass with the Rider and Notice that the Wheels are Shiny...!!! Have to wait awhile til the Sun Dries up what is Wet so I can Mow here...!!! Try to Have A Gr8 Day All...!! ☃️

👻 👻

coffee, watching the first snow fall of May, I could post a picture but its pretty much the same as yesterday, maybe a little more acumulation. nice thing about this is it soaks right into the ground

Latest posts

Back