What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching pbs nature shows tonight. Will watch Resident Alien at 9.

I saw a show last night that was interesting… sort of a “where are they now” situation. Back in the day “The Love Boat” was on Saturday nights. I was young and single, was never home of saturday nights. Might have seen an episode or two though. I remember a lot of people liked it.

Anyway, they had interviews with some of the original cast, even some of the guest stars. I had no idea they went on real cruises to different countries.

Learned something new... I've seen the Maltese Falcon many times, a Bogart classic.

I happened to see it was on the classic movie channel tonight. But it was the wrong movie!!!

Turns out the Maltese Falcon was made twice, first in 1931 with actors I've never heard of... It's actually pretty good! The filming is more basic, less refined. No over dramatized music but they do major close ups of anything in the scenery they want the viewer to notice. Sort of funny actually. 😄

Maltese 02.jpg

The mad god. Its a claymation silent movie, it never got the reviews it deserved, its a heart tugging, sometimes stomach churning vision of the last days of life on earth.

Pure nightmare fuel!

Watched 'CINDERELLA MAN' recently, I'd seen it before but I enjoyed watching it again... good movie for those who like the underdog, lol. The actor who played Max Baer was good in his role too, ol' Maxie was a real boxer back in the day, he put up a pretty good record of wins. :confused:

Last week I finished watching Season 2 of "The Chosen." I can't wait for Season 3 to come out!

Even though I'm a SciFi freak, I'm leaning more toward inspirational and spiritual themes right now if I can find something good to watch. It helps keep me from getting too entrenched in the stupidity going on in the world today. If I can't find something uplifting, I find myself just turning off the TV and picking up a book.

Last week I finished watching Season 2 of "The Chosen." I can't wait for Season 3 to come out!

Even though I'm a SciFi freak, I'm leaning more toward inspirational and spiritual themes right now if I can find something good to watch. It helps keep me from getting too entrenched in the stupidity going on in the world today. If I can't find something uplifting, I find myself just turning off the TV and picking up a book.
My television hasn't been on since before last Christmas. Too much stupidity in this world now.

Watched first episode of Yellowstone recently. It's good so far and I'll continue to watch it. However, I've been trying to watch less stressful shows this week because of all the stress already in my life. I found a good dark comedy called Resident Alien. It's a SYFY network show but streams on peacock. I'm really enjoying it. Basically, Alien on a mission crash lands. Assumes a human identity and small town shenanigans ensue. Very dark humor but hilarious!

I love Resident Alien. It is dark at times, but it is very funny. I found it to be funnier later in the first season.

I set the DVR to record season 2, but it missed the first 8 episodes for some reason. So, I'm kind of stuck. I need to find it online, and watch those first 8 episodes.

Might start off with an episode or two of 'HELL ON WHEELS'---I've seen about 15 or 16 episodes so far. Whenever I watch this railroad show, I wonder if Spikedriver waves a pistol around at work, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :oops:

I love Resident Alien. It is dark at times, but it is very funny. I found it to be funnier later in the first season.

I set the DVR to record season 2, but it missed the first 8 episodes for some reason. So, I'm kind of stuck. I need to find it online, and watch those first 8 episodes.
It's on Peacock with new episodes each week. Think they have a special going with $1.99 a month for 12 months

@Tacitus @ABR Luv the show Resident Alien. I caught the first few episodes on cable tv, I was hooked. It's funny and twisted! I've missed chunks of this season though... caught the last episode, the "Greys" are back.
-------------------
Another show yall might like is "Dark Winds". A psychological thriller. Not normally my cup of tea... but the show is done very well. Excellent plot, interesting characters and some of the most beautiful scenery in the southwest.
----------------
Nothing on tonight, makes me wonder why I pay for 250 channels of crap.

Watching a little college football while I ponder which dvd I want to see again.

Last edited:
Well, I watched a couple episodes of 'HELL ON WHEELS' and then started watching some Kiwi flick about a pleasure cruise gone bad, but it was pretty cheesy so I turned it off. Nice cutter-rigged ketch in the film, but the film itself wasn't good enough to keep watching... the acting was really bad, and I've seen cutter-rigged ketches before, lol. Meh, guess it's Western novel time till I crash, which won't be too long now, not sure if I even wanna eat this late, I had a burly sandwich earlier. Maybe I'll just trash around the Interwebs for awhile as I have another beer, lol. Cheers! 🍺

Those 'GODFATHER' films are long, but they're well done... Francis Ford Coppola was no slouch at film directing. I'm not into films that glorify criminals in any way, but those Coppola numbers also catch the dark gritty side of organized crime. Remember that one scene in the first film where they all head downstairs to pile up at the door while one guy checks the street? Boy, I would hate to have to live that way all the time, lol. And no matter how much money you're making off such criminal ventures, is it really worth the jail time, or worth a bullet in your back? I don't think so... maybe I'm not ambitious that way, lol. I don't wanna be like the Clintons either, with---what's the total now?---53 dead friends who "committed suicide." No thanks, I'll pass, I like my easy conscience & sound sleep at night, lol. ;)

P.S. If politics ain't "organized crime" then I don't know what is... :confused:

Last edited:
Not many "My name is Earl" fans. I thought I was the only one... even bought the box set on dvd. That show makes me laugh out loud at least once every episode. And the cops episode? a riot!!! There were a couple episodes later that incorporated parts of the cops episode.
I needed something to make me laugh yesterday and looked for the Cop episode but coudn't find it. Do you know which season it is in and what the actual name of the episode is?

I just watched the first episode and it was good enough for a few chuckles. It made me think which area of a big box store I'd want for myself if the place was deserted. Hmm......... 🤔

I needed something to make me laugh yesterday and looked for the Cop episode but coudn't find it. Do you know which season it is in and what the actual name of the episode is?

I just watched the first episode and it was good enough for a few chuckles. It made me think which area of a big box store I'd want for myself if the place was deserted. Hmm......... 🤔
There is more than one episode. The first one is season 2 ep 4. The next is season 3 ep 5.

The show... it's like the 3 Stooges moved to a "pay by the hour" motel when they aren't living with the queen of the trailer park. Base humor but funny as heck.
-----------------------

Last night I saw "To Kill a Mocking Bird" w/Peck from 1962. Great film... has my favorite actor, Robert Duval who played Arthur "Boo" Radley.

Went all American-themed last night; watched Aerial America (Tennessee episode), Mountain Men and a snake episode of Swamp people. Overly dramatic, but I needed enjoyable mind fudge, and was wondering what Eustace was up to.

There is more than one episode. The first one is season 2 ep 4. The next is season 3 ep 5.

The show... it's like the 3 Stooges moved to a "pay by the hour" motel when they aren't living with the queen of the trailer park. Base humor but funny as heck.
-----------------------

Last night I saw "To Kill a Mocking Bird" w/Peck from 1962. Great film... has my favorite actor, Robert Duval who played Arthur "Boo" Radley.
Thanks Peanut. I just started from the beginning and will work my way through. We just like something on sometimes when we are web surfing at night. It's mindless stuff in the background, but still makes us laugh at times. Sometimes we'll have the Laugh channel on, but we're getting pretty tired of That 70's Show and Home Improvement being played over and over again.

I finished watching Passion of the Christ last night. It was painful to watch and it's hard to set aside and think of anything else after watching it. Tears were streaming...... I knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience, but I felt the need to watch it. Clearly I couldn't understand any of the verbal exchanges, but it wasn't really necessary. I do wish there would have been an option for subtitles though. Oh how our Lord must truly love us to have chosen to undergo that torture. I just have to remember that there IS a happy ending, even though the movie didn't touch on that so much.

I have a channel that is pretty much dedicated to old Western movies and TV shows but yesterday they had a marathon of the Jesse Stone mysteries, which I believe originally aired on the Hallmark channel. I watched a couple of them and still enjoyed them. I read all the books as well, and even though the movies were not faithful to the books they were still well done.

I think the cross-over was Tom Selleck. He played the main character, Jesse Stone, and they also run a lot of his old Westerns.

Last edited:
Most recently, I watched '13 ASSASSINS' featuring Japanese Samurai, dubbed in English, lol. It was okay, but I would've fired every last arrow BEFORE jumping off the roof... a no-brainer. The bad guy was a real scumbag, some Japanese 'Lord' related to the Shogun... reminded me of Crackhead Hunter, only this guy was worse. He finally got his head chopped off and he ceased to be a problem. An entertaining movie if you like the martial arts genre... some Hollywood BS involved, but still entertaining. :rolleyes:

Anyone watched "La Brea" ? Network tv - the second season is running now. The concept is interesting. A massive sink hole appeared in LA, at the La Brea tar pits. People fell in, sort of. They fell backwards in time 10,000 years. There are saber tooth tigers et al, giant wolly rhinos fought tonight.

And it turns out there are more than one of these time shifting sink holes...

The cgi is pretty good, interesting plots and subplots. An enjoyable show.

La Brea.jpg

Anyone watched "La Brea" ? Network tv - the second season is running now. The concept is interesting. A massive sink hole appeared in LA, at the La Brea tar pits. People fell in, sort of. They fell backwards in time 10,000 years. There are saber tooth tigers et al, giant wolly rhinos fought tonight.

And it turns out there are more than one of these time shifting sink holes...

The cgi is pretty good, interesting plots and subplots. An enjoyable show.

View attachment 95022
Yes. I just finished the first season a couple of weeks ago. I'm excited to see what this season comes up with. Good sci-fi show

Sort of funny... serviced catscans all over the LA basin for 3 years. Saw all the sights except the La Brea tar pits. Worked on Ct's within 10blocks of the pits regularly but never saw them!

My last week there was hectic, had new job 2500miles away. I took a whole morning at the tar pits and went through everything. All the critter bones they've gotten out are amazing, anything that lived there millennia ago. Wished I had a couple days...

It's worth the time if you're in the neighborhood!

Watched 'HIDALGO' earlier, I like that film, lol. Now I'm watching 'FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE' with Clint Eastwood & Lee Van Cleef... what a great combo of Western actors! And Gian Maria Volonte as 'El Indio' is excellent... while the musical score by Ennio Morricone is hard to beat, lol. The only score that beats Ennio is more Ennio, as in 'THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY!' What a great composer he was... best composer for Westerns who ever lived, hands down. I also like Klaus Kinski as the hunchback ("The Wild One") in this movie, he's pretty funny, even though his role is relatively short. ;)

How's THIS for a combo? I watched the original 'MAD MAX' (although some lines seem to have been doctored per globalist orders) and I also watched 'BLAZING SADDLES' with Mel Brooks in various roles. Pretty hilarious afternoon and evening, that's all I can tell ya... I'm about to mack some baked chicken with the 'Parmigiano' coating, and I'll make sandwiches with the cr@p if I go riding tomorrow, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Works for me!!! :cool:

Not so much what I'm watching atm but what I'm looking forward to watching in the near future...

The American and Canadian trapping channels on YT.

I throw them a like every now and again if they put out summer content but I really like the winter trapping.
One of my favs is In lines and Trap lines.
This young guy has his head screwed on straight and is extremely handy the way farm kids are.
Built his own cabin before he was 18 and funds himself trapping dogs and working on his grandpa's farm.
I wish all our young people had his work ethic.
It's impressive.
I'm planning on buying one of his hoodies and a beanie to support him.

Latest posts

Back