What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a good time watching the original 'GONE IN 60 SECONDS' last night, that is such a classic flick. I'm not big on car theft either, I've never stolen a car and I doubt I ever will, but there are such cool cars in that movie, and the chase scene is crazy!!! That scene with the granny thumping each hood with her umbrella was FLAT-OUT HILARIOUS, lol. So was the dude who had his car cut in half, and the psychobilly Cadillac full o' hood rats (definitely NOT politically correct, lol, and downright RACIST by any modern libtard standards). The Mach 1 Mustang Eleanor stole the show, of course, with some pretty good stunt driving and a whole heap of abuse, lol. Great flick, not an Academy Award winner for 'Best Acting' but still quite entertaining... there are some funny lines in there too! ;)

Let's see, the only library DVD left in this group of 5 is the Brendan Fraser film 'BREAKOUT'---I guess I'll watch that this afternoon. The whole premise of pulling a jailbreak to rescue kids is rather unrealistic, but I'm not expecting any great degree of realism from any film made in recent years. Kinda like those SyFy movies, where realism was an extremely tall order, lol. Meh, what the heck, it's just entertainment... if I sense any leftist libtard propaganda while I'm watching the film, I'll simply yank the DVD and go back to the 'HELL ON WHEELS' series I was watching earlier. That series is a little cheesy, but there are still some good scenes, and I love old trains so I'll overlook the BS, lol. What sort of unpatriotic fool doesn't like old trains? Belching smoke and hissing steam... ah, the good ol' days!!! :oops:

4 consecutive Bogart movies on the classic movie channel tonight… The African Queen, Maltese Falcon, Across the Pacific, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Watching the Af Queen at the moment, probably will crash before the last one.

Also watching some college football, 2 games are on.

4 consecutive Bogart movies on the classic movie channel tonight… The African Queen, Maltese Falcon, Across the Pacific, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Watching the Af Queen at the moment, probably will crash before the last one.

Also watching some college football, 2 games are on.
I enjoyed the african queen in so many ways but straightening the propeller shaft over a camp fire... I was in love.

Ben

What I am NOT watching is the Rings of Power on Prime... tonight. Waiting untill tomorrow to enjoy with The Princess.

We are JRR Tolkien junkies. Can't get enough.

20220901_211458_HDR.jpg

Double stacked shelf.

Ben

I've never watched any Hobbit anything, and it showed three movies available. Looked pretty good, then little granddaughter got a call from her mom and we stopped the movie. Got too late to go back to it. Was seeing if she'd be interested in it...she's watched all the Harry Potters numerous times. I have Waltons on right now, and although she never asks to watch it, she always likes it.

I've never watched any Hobbit anything, and it showed three movies available. Looked pretty good, then little granddaughter got a call from her mom and we stopped the movie. Got too late to go back to it. Was seeing if she'd be interested in it...she's watched all the Harry Potters numerous times. I have Waltons on right now, and although she never asks to watch it, she always likes it.
Second to Shakespeare Tolkien is one of 5he great English writers.

Tolkien is easy 3-5 times more times more interrelated.

Ben

I've been watching videos on how to make decks and stairs which led me to The Crazy Framer who frames houses by himself.
Dude needs better safety measures and is not afraid of heights.
I'm on season 3.
Binge-watched seasons one and two earlier. The season represents a new house.

I always liked 'FORGED IN FIRE'---pretty good show, and viewers learned something too, even if it was how NOT to forge metals, lol. :oops:

Got three library DVDs left, think I'll go with one of them UNLESS there's something good on the streaming stick. I never did check last night, I wound up reading a Western instead. :rolleyes:

Here are the three library DVDs, I haven't seen any of 'em before... :confused:

'MAN ON A LEDGE'

'JOKER'

'JOHNNY ENGLISH'

If I don't watch any of these tonight, I'll get to 'em sometime in the next few days... not counting Monday, when I'm going to the horse races, WOOHOO!!! I'm looking forward to that little outing, it should be heller fun! :cool:

Maybe, but I do not like either!! I know if a Dem gets elected they will just vote the party line, but feel like Oz will be a complete RINO. He is all into this transitioning that has been happening.
Compared to the alternative a RINO that votes with the party is useful now.

He is running for senator that ideally represents the interests of the state as a whole. PA has been described as islands of blue surrounded by red. The opponent tries to appeal to the islands. Oz is pro fracking but not so much the other guy.

Done with the political nonsense.

May we all strive to be our best so we get the leaders we deserve and they are benevolent.

Ben

We enjoyed the first 2 episodes. They did not get the rights to the Silmarilian but did just fine.

Ben
Sat through both episodes with the eldest granddaughter. Enjoyed it more the 2nd time.

This series is limited to the Hobbit and The Lord of the rings. No rights to the Silmarilian.

I will not spoil details for others.

For those that are Tolkien fans having read The Hobbit, Fellowship, 2 towers, return of the king, Silmarilian there is a stark line that rules out Silmarilions references but Tolkien has provided a framework where alternative narratives can be examined.

Such is the Rings of Power.

New tails filling old holes.

Ben

Latest posts

Back