What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1716692289253.png

There used to be good shows that I would watch “religiously” where I never wanted to miss one. Hill Street Blues, Taxi, Cheers, The Carol Burnett Show. The last show that I felt this way about is Lost. Not sure if it’s just that I’ve lost interest in TV or if shows have just gone to crap. Maybe a combination.

I watch a lot of things, but mostly spend time DL and reading historical writings and texts.

I find the current crop of kardashian like BEECH fests and the massive bet presence on every show as the central characters to be common and lacking any type of interesting content.

Watching two slugs scream point and slap at each other has absolutely no type of draw for me at all.

Just as the typical selfie video of some dance that is "SO COOL' and new that is a jerky consortium of un related dodges like a rabbit dodging a hawk.

When you go to the flowing dances of the ballet and even the timed synchronicity a timeless dance it is not a jerk fest.

So I watch old westerns, adventure, scifi, and horror. Gore and WAR.

@Magus @d_marsh i haven’t watched strange new worlds yet.
I watch now what I didn’t used to watch but I’m a baby so I mostly don’t watch r rated stuff. I was told the f word if used more than x amount of times will get the R.
Not satisfied with most of the newer stuff and also find myself watching older movies and series, some I’ve never seen.
War, science fiction, dystopian, espionage, cops and crime, and stuff like Pride & Prejudice. Masterpiece theater.

Finished the Northern Exposure dvds this week. Then i bought part 2 of the new 'Dune' movie. Watched parts one and two yesterday. A good movie, much better than the '84 version. I liked the new ending, unexpected but enjoyable.

Last edited:
I watched King Creole last night, I remember the first time I saw it, I had two older cuzs that were just like Maxis boys in it One was a good match for Vic Morrow, but really mean not just like a punk.

I really liked the first movies Elvis did Before the T&A stuff and Vegas stuff.
I think he was every bit as good in the first couple as James Dean in his first couple.
Wild in the Country was another pretty good one.
I was lukewarm about Flaming Star and Charro he didn't seem like the cowboy type.

Been watching 'The Pacific' miniseries on dvd. Follows a couple guys in the 1st Marine division in ww2 from Guadalcanal to the end of the war. Watching episode 8 now.
I;ve watched Band of Brothers fully 3 or 4 times, last time over Memorial day. But I have yet to catch Pacific. Really want to see it.
I heard their might be one about the Army Air Corp as well at some point. That would be good too.

Last night and tonight we've been watching UT play in the regional for the College World Series. They are up 12-3 in the top of the 9th

I;ve watched Band of Brothers fully 3 or 4 times, last time over Memorial day. But I have yet to catch Pacific. Really want to see it.
I heard their might be one about the Army Air Corp as well at some point. That would be good too.

Last night and tonight we've been watching UT play in the regional for the College World Series. They are up 12-3 in the top of the 9th

I saw B of bros and Pacific on tv. Knew they were something i'd watch again so I bought the box set of each. Watch them every memorial day, usually takes a couple weeks.

Hadn't heard about the AAC series, will be on the look out for it, thanks.

@Amish Heart the series Sweet Tooth was pretty weird, eh? I haven't caught any of the newer season, if there is one. Also caught 65, yeah, it was so-so. LOL
Has granddaughter ever seen Series of Unfortunate Events?
Or the series of Narnia movies?
Life of Pi
Arrival
Jurassic Park movies
I haven't been watching much lately.

still watching the Turkish soap opera Vendetta

It is very entertaining but I do forward through the boring parts a lot
some funny comments: every male in Turkey seems to own a gun but can't hit a target LOL, those guns also seem to have unlimited ammo , you never see them reload
the police seem to be pretty much nonexistant, the rich family takes care of the criminals and then calls the police to pick them up ( after the silly shootout with endless ammo and nobody gets killed, even if they are shooting at each other from a few feet)
the bodyguards all seem useless, people keep getting kidnapped regardless of all of them
the main female lead supposedly did really well in college and is a licensed pharmacists, yet she acts like a complete moron most of the time

Latest posts

Back