When is this global warming supposed to hit?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! I was wondering how a tracked side by side would work with a Berc. Is that about a 2 foot clearance?
On our road the tracks aren't as effective as tires with chains are. Our road is steep in places and the tracks don't provide enough traction. I'm planing on adding studs to the tracks eventually.
Tracks do add a lot extra clearance.

On our road the tracks aren't as effective as tires with chains are. Our road is steep in places and the tracks don't provide enough traction. I'm planing on adding studs to the tracks eventually.
Tracks do add a lot extra clearance.

Interesting comments on tracks on steep hills. I would think the opposite. One of the things I’ve been thinking about was if I should get a 4 WD tractor/chains and a heated cab or a bobcat tracked or wheeled loader with heated cab to mount a snow blower on.

So wheeled with chains do better? My neighbor is convinced that I will roll a tractor on the hilly road, as he said he was fearful of that as he used to clear the road for a previous owner with his tractor and blower. On the picture of me winching out my side by side on the previous page, you can see the angle of the hill above the side by side. That is the grade of the hill for about a 250 yard run from the highway. From behind where I am standing taking the picture it’s all down hill and then a sharp turn and another hill about the same include as you see in the picture.

Now that my neighbor is spending more time in the lower 48, I either need a tractor or a loader to get projects done, so thinking my next investment/expense needs to be here, and whatever I do will include a heated cab and a front mounted blower. My Bercomac is much more beat up than yours so maybe one more season….

Interesting comments on tracks on steep hills. I would think the opposite. One of the things I’ve been thinking about was if I should get a 4 WD tractor/chains and a heated cab or a bobcat tracked or wheeled loader with heated cab to mount a snow blower on.

So wheeled with chains do better? My neighbor is convinced that I will roll a tractor on the hilly road, as he said he was fearful of that as he used to clear the road for a previous owner with his tractor and blower. On the picture of me winching out my side by side on the previous page, you can see the angle of the hill above the side by side. That is the grade of the hill for about a 250 yard run from the highway. From behind where I am standing taking the picture it’s all down hill and then a sharp turn and another hill about the same include as you see in the picture.

Now that my neighbor is spending more time in the lower 48, I either need a tractor or a loader to get projects done, so thinking my next investment/expense needs to be here, and whatever I do will include a heated cab and a front mounted blower. My Bercomac is much more beat up than yours so maybe one more season….
I've also got a JD 70 hp 4x4 with calcium chloride filled tires. I have a 9 foot hydraulic snow blade for the front and an 8 foot rear blade. Sometimes I wish it had a heated cab on it too.
20221209_124520.jpg

I've also got a JD 70 hp 4x4 with calcium chloride filled tires. I have a 9 foot hydraulic snow blade for the front and an 8 foot rear blade. Sometimes I wish it had a heated cab on it too.
View attachment 122704

Yep, it gets cold sitting on those things with the wind blowing.

Yep, it gets cold sitting on those things with the wind blowing.
Yes it does. Mostly I use the tractor to try and get a base set up on the road, then I use the snowblower. We have a pretty steep hill that gets about 5 inches of ice built up. And that's why the tracks don't do as good of a job as tires with chains. Usually I can only blow down hill. Plus, tracks with the snowblower is really hard on a side by side. Turning is a real pain too.

Last edited:
And then the global-warming is gonna fry us all to a crisp? :p :woo hoo:
Death to cold weather!!!:waiting:

It suspect it will kill a great many of THEM. I think I will be able to adapt okay. My only concern is that when it gets bad enough they will panic by the millions and drive me out. Instead of preparing for it, they will futilely try and stop it until its too late.

I am happy to have it get warmer...(-15) right now......

I am a little worried about how dry its been over the last serval years.

It suspect it will kill a great many of THEM. I think I will be able to adapt okay. My only concern is that when it gets bad enough they will panic by the millions and drive me out. Instead of preparing for it, they will futilely try and stop it until its too late.

I am happy to have it get warmer...(-15) right now......

I am a little worried about how dry its been over the last serval years.

Dryer would worry me too. It has gotten wetter which is good for reducing wildfire risk, but this means more snow. Snow I can gear up and deal with much more easily than dry weather.

I just read this on a German news website : the reason it is now so cold in many areas is because of climate change has moved the polar vortex further south
Yeah, right...and they know this how?! More likely is the poles moving is making the polar vortex move

Either way, they use ANY "bad" weather and claim it is caused by climate change and we are causing it by burning fossil fuels. Just reading this makes me laugh. They can't prove the mechanism by which this supposedly works, but they say it anyways. The more they say it the more the lie becomes real to a lot of people
There is only ONE scenario they have that is even remotely plausible: the ocean heating up will cause more water to evaporate and therefore cause more rainfall
but that's not happening everywhere either. SO they pick the oceans that are already warm and have been that way for practically ever ( Gulf and Carribean) and blame any hurricane and flooding on it

But then a logical person might ask : why is the Pacific not warming up and causing more rain on the west coast ?
Why is India not completely flooded all the time ( surrounded by very warm water ) and so on

The most logical reason on why the weather is behaving the way it is , is the poles changing and the earth axis being off from the norm

Either way, they use ANY "bad" weather and claim it is caused by climate change and we are causing it by burning fossil fuels. Just reading this makes me laugh.
You nailed it with that one! :thumbs:
That's why they changed it from 'Global Warming' to 'climate change'.:mad:
My favorite memory was when Al Gore's convention in NYC on global warming, had to be cancelled because of ...wait for it... a huge blizzard. :LOL:

Last edited:
Either way, they use ANY "bad" weather and claim it is caused by climate change and we are causing it by burning fossil fuels. Just reading this makes me laugh.

These same numbnutz also use climate change to justify the massive waves of illegal immigration, proof of systemic racism, etc.

Fact is, climate has always been in a state of change. A trip to Alaska one can witness the impact of climate change over the last several thousand years. That old saying applies to these disingenuous climate activists: Figures don't lie, but liars will figure. I think that is attributed to Mark Twain.

I just read this on a German news website : the reason it is now so cold in many areas is because of climate change has moved the polar vortex further south
Yeah, right...and they know this how?! More likely is the poles moving is making the polar vortex move

Either way, they use ANY "bad" weather and claim it is caused by climate change and we are causing it by burning fossil fuels. Just reading this makes me laugh. They can't prove the mechanism by which this supposedly works, but they say it anyways. The more they say it the more the lie becomes real to a lot of people
There is only ONE scenario they have that is even remotely plausible: the ocean heating up will cause more water to evaporate and therefore cause more rainfall
but that's not happening everywhere either. SO they pick the oceans that are already warm and have been that way for practically ever ( Gulf and Carribean) and blame any hurricane and flooding on it

But then a logical person might ask : why is the Pacific not warming up and causing more rain on the west coast ?
Why is India not completely flooded all the time ( surrounded by very warm water ) and so on

The most logical reason on why the weather is behaving the way it is , is the poles changing and the earth axis being off from the norm
I was right with you until the end.

Latest posts

Back