Where am I today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, I have been in a power plant ( Stanton Energy coal power plant in Orlando) and it didn't look anything like that!! I have also seen Hover Dam from the outside , would have never guessed!!!
I didn't want to say anything until somebody guessed it.
The generators at Hoover Dam are historic, (back when we could build good stuff :( ).
They power to more than 1 state's worth of people:
(And the main reason for the whining about Lake Mead's water levelgaah)

Last edited:
Nice easy one…where am I?

IMG_0959.jpeg
IMG_0929.jpeg

Funny, after reading this thread i realized i have never visited a light house, not one. Never occurred to me, maybe because i've seen more of them than i can remember, but from a ship at sea.

Now i have to put it on my list, the very bottom but... if i happen to drive by one i'll stop for a quick look. 🤣

I used to see this light house often. Not much of a picture but it doesn't matter which way you look there's nothing but ocean. It's 15 miles out at sea. 😁

CzLightsm.JPG

One of my cuzs worked moving material as it was dismantled and she now has severe lung problems from even the amount of dust that got through the masks they wore,

She is in her early fifties and a great girl, makes me mad at somebody, I just don't know who But the DOE is paying for all her bills sad she has about 50% but is doing as well as can be expected.

My Uncle was connected and I went up a few times in the 60s.

The whole area has changed dramatically since then.

One of my cuzs worked moving material as it was dismantled and she now has severe lung problems from even the amount of dust that got through the masks they wore,

She is in her early fifties and a great girl, makes me mad at somebody, I just don't know who But the DOE is paying for all her bills sad she has about 50% but is doing as well as can be expected.

My Uncle was connected and I went up a few times in the 60s.

The whole area has changed dramatically since then.
Lots of dead from there. Many more suffering greatly.

Latest posts

Back