Where am I today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Takers on this yet?
1711103673918.png

It is in Northwest Alabama and Has been visited by probably millions of people through the years.

There are only 2 states I haven't been to - Maine and Vermont. To be fair, I only went to New Hampshire on a wine run when I was visiting a friend in Massachusetts.
we haven't been to Hawaii and Alaska ( too hard to drive to and we camped and drove through the other States) . Vermont and Maine are 2 of my favorite States, they were on list of States to look for property when we were buying our homestead ( the other 2 being Virginia where we ended up and North Carolina)

we haven't been to Hawaii and Alaska ( too hard to drive to and we camped and drove through the other States) . Vermont and Maine are 2 of my favorite States, they were on list of States to look for property when we were buying our homestead ( the other 2 being Virginia where we ended up and North Carolina)
I lived in Hawaii briefly (Navy wife) and Alaska for 4 years, so that's what kicked them off my "haven't been to" list.

Helen Keller's childhood home?
You Have it @zoomzoom Ivy Green, home of the Hellen Keller Festival It used to be a really big event, but it has dwindled in the last ten years.
At one time there were always a few Country Music stars at the festival, One of the best shows I saw there was T.G. Sheppard he was really a cut up.
Helen Keller was a remarkable person. Her capacity to SEE mentally was unbounded she could state in simple terms what government agencies could never explain and what sociologist refused to understand.

The music industry is not as rooted in the area as it was during MS Sound and Fame's heyday, I remember when a trip to Fame Ranch WAS the party.
WOWL was the Florence station and Woody Mac was the place and Jackson Highway was the strip.

Any guesses on post 127?

Its a cold stream!!!!
To me, that looks like the Yuba River in California. I've done alot of fly fishing in that area but since there is nothing but water, bushes and mountains, it could easily be in Alaska, Canada, the Gold Country on the Left Coast, or even Colorado?

Latest posts

Back