Where am I today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone answer for this one yet?
Top photo, Inner Harbor at Baltimore? Or some port in Virginia?
Bottom photo in Washington DC?
Not the Inner Harbor or DC, although I have been to both. This location is closer to my home in MA. Maybe this will give it away...

1710544510141.png

Not the Inner Harbor or DC, although I have been to both. This location is closer to my home in MA. Maybe this will give it away...

View attachment 126534

I have been there long time ago so the ship must be the Mayflower replica?
All those old ships sort of look the same, we have been to some place with ships on the Outer Banks NC (Roanoke island) , Mystic CT and on some pirate ship in Halifax , they look a lot alike

i just stay home...yall be all bored with me in short order.

wheres elk at...ahh..front porch or back porch.
Now I prefer to stay home too, traveling gets exhausting after a while, and every new mountain/tourist trap/old ship/natural history museum/castle / other old famous building etc etc etc starts to look the same LOL

Now I prefer to stay home too, traveling gets exhausting after a while, and every new mountain/tourist trap/old ship/natural history museum/castle / other old famous building etc etc etc starts to look the same LOL
i made a little loop in truck late this afternoon...seen a bald eagle,2 pileated woodpeckers,squirrels and a bunch of deer....about all i could handle i tell ya....thought about pulling over and taking a nap too. i imagine its like going to the mall in high heels and getting tired out shopping.

I have been there long time ago so the ship must be the Mayflower replica?
All those old ships sort of look the same, we have been to some place with ships on the Outer Banks NC (Roanoke island) , Mystic CT and on some pirate ship in Halifax , they look a lot alike
Yes. they call it Mayflower II.

....and I'm wearing shoes. Aren't I on them as well? :cool:
I'm still getting to know you... and wondering if your nickname should be Gypsy, meaning "traveler" of course.

I used to joke about my Gypsy mom when she was traveling like you are. She would do well with your "where am I today" pics.

Last edited:
Forgot i posted this, oops! This is was the Chesapeake Light. It marked the entrance to the Chesapeake bay from the Atlantic ocean.

Sailors knew it by the name 'Chez Light'. For me it was a welcome sight. I was on a destroyer. Smaller ships like frigates and destroyers went to sea often. The expression "haze grey and under way" might as well have been our motto.

After a few weeks or months at sea the Chez light meant home...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesapeake_Light

It's 15 miles out at sea. 😁
View attachment 126308

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back