Wingnut's kitchen renovation project

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking it might take another week, putting me past my self-imposed deadline, lol... :oops:

Well, with luck, I'll be done with the PAINTING by my birthday, which was the goal I set, lol... decoration can happen later, as I'll be taking a break from home rehab work during the 'Dog Days' of summer. :cool:

If this triple-digit heat continues, I'm not gonna wanna do a goldurned thing anyway, except keep my trees & plants alive and ride out the friggin' heat. Monsoon season has technically begun, but NO sign of rain in the forecast, ugh... :rolleyes:

Frankly, I think gubmint scumbags are messin' with our weather, and not just OUR gubmint scumbags either, I reckon this is a new globalist thing... I wish all of those meddling scumbags would crawl off & DIE, ya know? :mad:

Last edited:
Did somebody say "Metal Militia"?
Hey wingnut, need a small favor, take some interior shots about chest high, I need BGs. :)
naziskull3.png

Okey-dokey, here we go with today's pics... first three pics were taken after primer, the rest were taken after topcoat application and masking tape removal. I also used some clear tape for masking, once the blue tape ran out, lol... 😒

IMG_9983.JPG

IMG_9986.JPG

IMG_9988.JPG

Now we have shots taken after the painting is done for the day, starting with the oven nook... there is still some scraping and caulking and touch-up painting to do in some areas, so bear with me, lol. There are also weird afternoon shadows!!! 😬

IMG_9989.JPG

IMG_9991.JPG

IMG_9992.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9994.JPG

IMG_9997.JPG

IMG_9998.JPG

Last pic doesn't do justice to the kitchen, it's actually much brighter in there, the stupid Canon cam just read the light wrong, aye? I still need to put those adhesive vinyl flooring strips over that stout framed wooden floor patch under the fridge, but I'll do that when I finish the job in a day or two (still on schedule, lol). I also wanna use the last of the Behr topcoat to roll out the 'Lighthouse Wall' again, since it looks like it needs it (can't see it in these pics)... however, I won't use a full-sized roller, I will use a "weenie roller" kit I happen to have for that particular job, that'll be much easier for just one partial wall section. 😉

Last edited:
Coming right along, aye? I'm still gonna deal with that orange crack-filling foam cr@p in the corner once I get on the floor covering under the fridge... I'll probably add MORE of that stuff just to smooth it out, then paint the heck out of it, lol. Being where it is, nobody will ever see it anyway, but I'd like to make it a bit smoother, not quite so UGLY, lol. I trimmed & scraped some of it today, just to slap more primer down on that wooden floor patch, but I didn't wanna spend TOO much time on it, yeah? No worries, as you said, the job will soon be over and that'll be the end of it. But I wanna finish it out right and use the caulk to clean up those corners that need it, then the whole project will look GOOD, lol. Still, I'm HAPPY with my progress, it's hard to dredge up motivation to do this BS during a heat wave, A/C or no A/C, lol. I don't use electric fans when painting unless I absolutely need 'em, as they tend to blow dust & cr@p into the paint. 😒

P.S. I could probably take large chunks of that orange foam cr@p down to El Paso and sling it in the ghetto as some new form of street crack, lol, but then my karma points would vanish... might be dangerous too, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 😬

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back