A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A picture of the torpedo room in one of those WWII vintage subs.
CIMG4178.JPG

Glad I don't have to clean all that brass!!

Funny, when I was stationed on a destroyer the galley always a drink dispenser, two flavors, orange or grape drink. Tasted like really crappy koolaid. It was referred to as "Bug Juice".

Bug juice had another use since it was high in citric acid content. It was great for cleaning brass! Mix up a bucket of bug juice and put in brass nozzles from fire hoses or anything else that needed cleaning. Worked every time.

Last edited:
Glad I don't have to clean all that brass!!

Funny, when I was stationed on a destroyer the galley always a drink dispenser, two flavors, orange or grape drink. Tasted like really crappy koolaid. It was referred to as "Bug Juice".

Bug juice had another use since it was high in citric acid content. It was great for cleaning brass! Mix up a bucket of bug juice and put in brass nozzles from fire hoses or anything else that needed cleaning. Worked every time.
I am curious about the bug juice used to clean brass....?

Do you recall?

Ben

Some recipes to use your cans of tuna

View attachment 75374
I'm sorry, but tuna is still stinky cat-food in my book.
Not going to eat it and force some cat to starve.:(
Hopefully mankind has evolved that far by now.:rolleyes:
If I should ever crave 'stinky', opening a can of sardines will do just fine:p.
Your tuna with the correct label on the can:
81BBnNxDVjL._AC_SX466_.jpg

My husband likes tuna sandwiches. Used to be able to make two sandwiches from one can. Not anymore.
I'm really not a fish eater, so I prefer not.
Be sure to change his flea-collar once a month :thumbs:
You don't want him scratching in public:(.

I like egg salad more than tuna salad but it's okay on toast, fresh cracked pepper and mayo. I have a lot of tuna and salmon in my pantry. They make a quick simple meal even if not my favorite. It's sort of my "change up" meal. If I make something it's just that meal, not like a pot of chili I'll eat for 3 days.

Here you go Sup! Blast those slimy tunazilla's!

o jap nest.jpeg

The term is

Shinkflation.

Ben
The reason is the people in charge of these companies think their customers are stupid and wont notice the difference. The norm for ice cream is 3 pints instead of a half gallon. Like any educated person didn't see the difference when that happened but the price stayed the same. My favorite is when companies make the packages smaller then a couple months later advertise their new larger packaging saying "Look, 20% more for the same price!" but it is still smaller than the package you were buying last year, but now you are happy about it.
Ugh, sometimes I hate having common sense.

The reason is the people in charge of these companies think their customers are stupid and wont notice the difference. The norm for ice cream is 3 pints instead of a half gallon. Like any educated person didn't see the difference when that happened but the price stayed the same. My favorite is when companies make the packages smaller then a couple months later advertise their new larger packaging saying "Look, 20% more for the same price!" but it is still smaller than the package you were buying last year, but now you are happy about it.
Ugh, sometimes I hate having common sense.
Ditto that

Ben

The reason is the people in charge of these companies think their customers are stupid and wont notice the difference.
They are correct 99% of the time. People just wonder through the day oblivious to what's happening.
For proof ask someone how much they pay for gas. Very few add on the 9/10s. It's a small thing but the gas companies make a fortune on the 9/10s.

Latest posts

Back