Cast Iron

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they will not stop following me home!!!!
top right is the corn bread skillet.

Screenshot (181).png

Cast iron isn't appreciated here! We have a few pieces that were being tossed out of a 'big house'. Could do with a lesson in caring for it. Would love to get a potato baker; last winter I baked them in frying pans, one on top of the other to cover, turning occasionally, on the pot belly stove.

Cast iron isn't appreciated here! We have a few pieces that were being tossed out of a 'big house'. Could do with a lesson in caring for it. Would love to get a potato baker; last winter I baked them in frying pans, one on top of the other to cover, turning occasionally, on the pot belly stove.
I have a large amount of Stainless Steel, that needs very little care, that I won as a single man & gave to my DW as a wedding gift, 38 years ago.
I still like the old pure cast iron, before other metals where'd added.

The front disk have Serrated edge to cut new ground, back disk just recut the ground & turn it the opposite way, so does not need serrated edge. They are about $50.00 brand new, so most are made from old discarded disk.

Yup. and easy to weld up! even more so these days with mig welders.

I fixed mine up years back with an automotive freeze plug and some key stock {Mine had some square holes for some reason} and I welded legs and a pair of handles on it.

Back