Cigars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to the Cigar Bar yesterday. Had a Cohiba Blue an Inspirado Black and a Arturo Fuente. All good. My friend said Rocky Patel makes everything including some major brands. Some are good and some are not so good. Apparently they own half of South America. I will have to look them up.

Last edited:
We went to the Cigar Bar yesterday. Had a Cohiba Blue an Inspirado Black and a Arturo Fuente. All good. My friend said Rocky Patel makes everything including some major brands. Some are good and some are not so good. Apparently they own half of South America. I will have to look them up.
You smoked three cigars back-to-back? I would be "green under the gills" if I did that.

I ordered some Inspirado Black Churchills. I love those things. Thanks for telling me about them

You smoked three cigars back-to-back? I would be "green under the gills" if I did that.

Well, it was over a five hour period. We had a lot of catching up to do. We watched the Golf Tournament; Then the end of the early Football games; then the first half of the late Football game. The Cohiba and the Inspirado were nice size, somewhere in the 45-50 x 6 range. The Arturo Fuente was smaller, around 30 x 6. The Cohiba was by far the best.

Now for the BIG question:
Who actually inhales?
With me, it all depends on the cigar. there are some I love the flavor of I'd never dream of inhaling,
Others like Backwoods Smoke, Four Kings, and Cherroot, I smoke like cigarettes, just not as deeply.

Who actually inhales?
With me, it all depends on the cigar. there are some I love the flavor of I'd never dream of inhaling,
Others like Backwoods Smoke, Four Kings, and Cherroot, I smoke like cigarettes, just not as deeply.
I don't inhale, but I do like sniffing the aroma of the exhaled smoke.

Who actually inhales?

Not anymore. I used to inhale, but now I puff and enjoy the flavor.

Got home from work and then the dentist yesterday. Broke out a Undercrown Maduro 6x60. 1st time smoking one of those. Man it was good. Solid 2 hour smoke. Really flavorful too.
Today took a break while working with the chickens and in the basement. Smoked a Oliva Serie V Melanio Nub. 4x60. Thats one of my favorites.
Wife bought me a electric humidor for my birthday. I researched several brands and sizes before deciding on a King Chii 48 liter model. I had been watching it for a while, finally found it on sale and got it for $100 off and free shipping. I've had it running for a week now with a tray of distilled water in it trying to get the trays seasoned. I think it's about there. I'll probably pull the tray out tomorrow and see where it stabilizes at.

Has anyone ever tried to infuse cigars with liquor? It looks like a very simple process, and I have some that I wouldn't mind losing if it didn't work or I didn't like the end result. The guy in this video says two weeks. I have seen others with a more sophisticated humidor that say six weeks. Any thoughts?

Has anyone ever tried to infuse cigars with liquor? It looks like a very simple process, and I have some that I wouldn't mind losing if it didn't work or I didn't like the end result. The guy in this video says two weeks. I have seen others with a more sophisticated humidor that say six weeks. Any thoughts?

Never tried it. But a friend of mine bought me some Maker's Mark cigars when he visited the distillery. I wasn't impressed. I just as soon enjoyed the Maker's Mark from a glass.
1702224175084.png

Never tried it. But a friend of mine bought me some Maker's Mark cigars when he visited the distillery. I wasn't impressed. I just as soon enjoyed the Maker's Mark from a glass.
View attachment 121126
I was given a couple of those once. Still have the nice glass tubes. They were nothing I'd buy again.
I've never tried it myself, not sure I'd want to change the cigars. But if I did, I'd probably put them in a small humidor with an open glass and leave them for a long while

I went to the Makers Mark distillery once for business, they presented me a bottle of whiskey with my name on the label. I didn't see any of the cigars there in the glass tube though. I would have bought a few if I had.

Last week I bought a box of Romeo y Julieta. They always make for a good smoking experience in my opinion.

Got home last night and had a Tabernacle Toro 6x52. Very solid smoke. They compare favorably with the Liga Privada #9's Ligas area wonderful line of cigars, but they are pricey. Tabernacles are may be 2/3s the price. Not quite as good, but they are a good smoke.
After working out cutting brush all day I had another Olive Melanio Nub this evening.
I have gotten about 1/3 to 1/2 of my cigars in the Humidor. I'm just doing a few at a time, watching the humidity levels for a few days. When I load them the humidity seems to drop 2% or so for a couple days. Then it'll come back up to 67%, where I am trying to hold it at. I'll leave that for a day or 2 and then add a few more.
It only has 1 shelf and 2 trays, so I'm starting to get into how do I want them layed out, I'm trying to seperate by brands and then by size. But by the time everything is loaded I'm not sure how that'll work. The shelf I'm gonna try and reserve for boxes. We shall see. Anyway I've smoked a couple cigars I've had in the humidor and they have both been nice. So it seems to be doing exactly what its suppose to do.

Thatll be an interesting read.

Anybody been smoking anything recently? With it so cold everywhere im thinking things have slowed down.
I've had a few in the basement the last few weeks. Best ones have been a Kristoff Liners. Wow what a flavorful Maduro smoke. Also had nice Tabernacle Friday after work.

I found a new cigar store quite by accident. I was meeting some friends for lunch and I knew this cigar store was supposed to be near by. I cruised through the strip mall and there it was. They had a nice selection in a walk-in humidor. A lot of what I knew and a few I had never heard of. I picked up a couple Illusiones which I have never heard of, but the owner recommended. I haven't ried them yet, so we will see. Fingers crossed.

Macanudos
Is the cigar I used to smoke when I had good lungs. Nothing finer than a good cigar, good sipping whiskey, good conversation on the porch with a cool breeze
Pressure of the world slides away for a couple of hours

The Macanudo Inspirado line is one of my favorite. There are six different clors but Black is my favorite.

Latest posts

Back