Cigars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Macaduno Blacks are very good.. Glad Morgan turned me onto them.
I tried another new to me stick toady. Graycliff Habano. It was OK, but nothing special. I call those Tractor cigars. Something to smoke on when I'm out mowing. I hate wasting a really good stick on that. I much prefer to sit back and relax with a peaceful time of smoking a really good cigar.

A white owl is sufficient when you are working

Not anymore. I guess I have gotten very selfish with cigars. The gas station brands are a thing of the past. I agree with Backpacker. I won't smoke a Cohiba when I am on the tractor, but whatever I smoke will be something pretty good.

Speaking of cigars, have you ever seen a 3 string cigar box guitar?

They have a festival near me every year. I saw Justin Johnson, who is the king of the 3 string cigar box guitar, and he is amazing. Grizzlyette Adams and I used to share his videos. It opens with him playing a shovel.This is a little long, but around the 49:00 mark a guy is playing a 3 string cigar box giutar.

The Highway 61 Rodehouse is just a bar/restaurant so everything is up close and personal. They always have an array of great blues guitar players.

Here s another one you might like.

A white owl is sufficient when you are working
Ill smoke a cheapie if thats all I have. But I try to try new stuff at times when on a good sale. Sometimes I don't care for them. Those tend to be my working sticks.

Got in tonight to s little warmer temps. Went out with a Ave Maria Argentines. Those good ones. Sum set and temps dropped, so I'm back in the basement to finish it up.

I just got online to order a box of H.Upmann Epicurers from Cuban Lous. They were sold out so I got on their waiting list. It's a good inexpensive real Cuban cigar at just $229 for a box of 25.

H Uppman was my all-time favorite. Now I have a difficult time finding them.

Don't think I've ever tried either of those. Need to check into them. My faves are Oliva, Partagus, Macanudo, and Liga's. Found several other I like.
One I tried that is highly rated, Perdomo, i didn't like at all. I've got one of their 10th anniversary sticks in my humidor for nearly 2 years now. I'm hoping aging it a while will improve it

Don't think I've ever tried either of those. Need to check into them. My faves are Oliva, Partagus, Macanudo, and Liga's. Found several other I like.
One I tried that is highly rated, Perdomo, i didn't like at all. I've got one of their 10th anniversary sticks in my humidor for nearly 2 years now. I'm hoping aging it a while will improve it
I think the H. Upmann is suggested to age in a humidor for 2 years before enjoying. I've got room for a couple boxes.

IMHO H Uppmans are very similar to Partagas. I really liked their Lonsdales.

Have you tried the Perdomo Lot 23? I have never had a bad one.

IMHO H Uppmans are very similar to Partagas. I really liked their Lonsdales.

Have you tried the Perdomo Lot 23? I have never had a bad one.
No I haven't. The 10th anniversary are the only Perdomo I've tried.
Ill have to give the H UpMAN'S a try. I love Partagus.

Last edited:
Got word that my recent cigar order was just delivered. While I was getting my humidor ready a little while ago, I found an A. Fuente Gran Reserva that I didn't know I had. It's a pretty good smoke.

They have a nice selection of Arturo Fuentes at my place. I have had several, and never been disappointed. It is nice to know some brands are very consistent. If you get one it will probably be good.

I have one more Arturo Fuentes Opus X for smoking at the retirement house when I get moved in :). had one in 2015 when I retired, one in 2020 for the 5 year anniversary of retiring, and saved the last one for the last house I will live in :D

The last time I was in Amsterdam I bought a box of Balmoral Overland Coronas. I remember they were a good smoke, but haven't seen them anywhere else. Has anyone here ever seen this brand? I'd like to get some more. I think they were made with Sumatra tobacco.

We spent the day at the Cigar bar. Very enjoyable. We made plans not even realizing it was Super Bowl Sunday. There were twice as many people there as usual, and everybody brought food. We ate like pigs, and had some great cigars.

I had an Illusione Habano which was very nice. My first venture into that brand, and I would definitely buy more. The surprise of the day was an Alec Bradley Coyol, which I really enjoyed. It is a lighter smoke, and a somewhat smaller cigar at 41 x 6 1/2. Really mild and flavorful especially if you don't have a lot of time. I can't remember if I have ever had an Alec Bradley, but these I would highly recommend, and I will try others of that brand.

https://alecbradley.com/cigars/coyol-cigar/

Last edited:
I had a new one to me yesterday as well. BiL got me a Man O' War Ruination for Christmas. Decided it was time to try it out. Started off pretty good nothing s]ecial but decent, but the last 1/3 of it turned bitter and the burn went all to hell. Wont bother with those again

I had a new one to me yesterday as well. BiL got me a Man O' War Ruination for Christmas. Decided it was time to try it out. Started off pretty good nothing s]ecial but decent, but the last 1/3 of it turned bitter and the burn went all to hell. Wont bother with those again

Very disappointing when a new brand doesn't pan out. I had that experience with Brick House. I had seen a lot of people that raved about them, but I didn't like it at all. They carry quite a few at our place, but I won't buy another one.

This has turned into a nice thread, where we can share our experiences., likes and dislikes. :)

Very disappointing when a new brand doesn't pan out. I had that experience with Brick House. I had seen a lot of people that raved about them, but I didn't like it at all. They carry quite a few at our place, but I won't buy another one.

This has turned into a nice thread, where we can share our experiences., likes and dislikes. :)
I am surprised you don't like the Brick House line. Did you smoke a Maduro or natural? I quite enjoy them. Not a favorite but not bad. OTOH you like Cohiba, and the one I had I just didn't like. Funny how taste are different.
I quite enjoy this thread. I really enjoy finding something new to try

I am surprised you don't like the Brick House line. Did you smoke a Maduro or natural? I quite enjoy them. Not a favorite but not bad. OTOH you like Cohiba, and the one I had I just didn't like. Funny how taste are different.
I quite enjoy this thread. I really enjoy finding something new to try

It's been a while since I had the Brick House, and I don't remember which one I had. You are right. Tastes are different. I think we agree on a whole lot more than we disagree. All good. Nice to get testimonials on brands we haven't tried. We can all be honest. We aren't trying to sell anything or have any skin in the game.

Been kinda quite on here lately. Thought I'd add a post.
We're camping for a few days and I brought some stooges along. Yesterday I had a Oliva Serie V Melanio nub. Last night a Kentucky Fire Cured after supper.
Today which was beautiful and mid 60s I sat looking in the woods while enjoying a Liga Privada #9. Tonight at the fire pit I had a Partafus Black Label Colassal.
Got a few more left for the rest of our trip

Even though we didn't see any eclipse here in cloudy Minnesota, I'd say I still have an excuse to have a couple of Corona's.
1712605966610.png
1712606060562.png

Good choices Cabin Fever.

We spent the afternoon at the cigar bar yesterday. I had a Macanudo Inspirado Black, which they finally got back in stock. It was just as good as I remembered it. Also had a Romeo & Julietta which was very nice. Picked it up on a whim, and was not disappointed. It was a little more mild than my usual choices, but nice flavor and very nice draw.

Latest posts

Back