Cigars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just fired up the Blondie. For a $10 cigar it's surprisingly good. It draws nice and burns evenly. Tastes good too. I'd buy more of these. Besides, who doesn't like sucking on a blond?
I literally just spit my drink out reading this. Well done.

I haven't smoked but once, and coughed up a lung. Hubs and I went to the Northern Quest here in Airway heights and they have a huge cigar bar/room.

I literally just spit my drink out reading this. Well done.

I haven't smoked but once, and coughed up a lung. Hubs and I went to the Northern Quest here in Airway heights and they have a huge cigar bar/room.
Nice. I really need to make a trip up there now!
I managed to get the wife to take a drag on this cigar. She had to admit that it was good.
When I'm done with the smoke I toss the butt out in the yard. Our lab hunts it down and stomps it out with his foot, then eats it.

Nice. I really need to make a trip up there now!
I managed to get the wife to take a drag on this cigar. She had to admit that it was good.
When I'm done with the smoke I toss the butt out in the yard. Our lab hunts it down and stomps it out with his foot, then eats it.
Oh for sure. Its actually a pretty cool bar.
https://www.northernquest.com/dining-bars/restaurants/legends-of-fire
I love the smell, but my lungs are so dang sensitive to everything. Dogs are so funny. Our dogs eat everything, including chasing and eating wasps.

I just fired up the Blondie. For a $10 cigar it's surprisingly good. It draws nice and burns evenly. Tastes good too. I'd buy more of these. Besides, who doesn't like sucking on a blond?
I have never smoked a 10$ cigar, I'm cheap. The Opus X I have were around 7 bucks when I bought em.

I'll smoke the last one at the new place when we sell this one.

I dont know. I begged my grand dad to smoke his cigar when I was 3 or 4. He gave me a draw, which I promptly inhaled. Wasnt long I was puking. Mother and mamaw both got so mad at him. He told them I wouldn't stop asking. But then I started having and occasional one with him about 10 years later.

BTW Pearl, I drink Brandy not Scotch. 🤣🤣
My dad caught me clowning around with one of his cigars, so he told me to go out front of the gas station and have at it. I've smoked off and on ever since. I got a 5th of peach brandy for graduation, I've been a drunk right up until I blew a hole in my guts. LOL
THANKS DAD! :D

I'd get into trouble, I'm married to a redhead :p

It is amazing we still smoke cigars after the rubbish we started with. It would be fun to smoke one now just for old times sake.

My grandfather smoked Wolf Bros Rum Soaked Crooks. I never saw him without a cigar in his mouth. He quit smoking when he got cancer, then he just chewed the cigar until he died. I started chewing tobacco when I was around 10 or so. I finally quit chewing in my 30's. Probably started smoking cigars in my 20's. At that time it was gas station cigars.

Thought I'd post an update and see what everyone else has been doing.

I'm on the front porch after supper smoking a Partagus Black Label 6x60. GOOOD SMOKE. Stopped by 2 shops on my way home and picked up 2 Tabernacle's, and DBL at one store. Got 2 EP Carillon, 2 Charter Oak Connecticut, and an Underground Maduro at another. And got a order in last week of a 10 pack of Macanudo Black Inspirado Churchills. Gonna enjoy all those and try out some new ones too.

I am meeting my buddy at the cigar bar Sunday. It has been a while, so I am thinking we will celebrate with Cohibas. Went into a new store close to me, but was disappointed. Not really surprised but it was more of a head shop than a smoke shop. They did have Cohiba Blues at a reasonable price.

One of the stores I went to today I wasn't even aware of a couple months ago. It's set up in a portion of a new liquor store. The sell all kinds of foods, nic nacs and stoogies. Found out today they are getting ready to hit their 12 month aniversary. Very nice shop. Almost decorated like an old library. But they aren't very good on price. The other store I've went to for years. Pretty good selection most times and a couple guys I've gotten to like pretty well. Their prices aren't much better.
I don't hang out and smoke there hardly at all. Might try that sometime

Thought I'd post an update and see what everyone else has been doing.

I'm on the front porch after supper smoking a Partagus Black Label 6x60. GOOOD SMOKE. Stopped by 2 shops on my way home and picked up 2 Tabernacle's, and DBL at one store. Got 2 EP Carillon, 2 Charter Oak Connecticut, and an Underground Maduro at another. And got a order in last week of a 10 pack of Macanudo Black Inspirado Churchills. Gonna enjoy all those and try out some new ones too.
Interesting, I just recently found a bottle of triple cask rum that a local small distiller makes in very small batches. I had hidden the bottle so it didn't get wasted by the errant teenager we have been raising.
Any way I think it is time I also invested in some good cigars to enjoy on occasion with my 120 proof nectar of the gods.

Interesting, I just recently found a bottle of triple cask rum that a local small distiller makes in very small batches. I had hidden the bottle so it didn't get wasted by the errant teenager we have been raising.
Any way I think it is time I also invested in some good cigars to enjoy on occasion with my 120 proof nectar of the gods.
Well be sure and let us know how that goes

Well be sure and let us know how that goes
It will either be just a nice way to finish a busy day or I will notice the contrails of the great falls missels taking flight to the north. or even maybe yellowstone blowing up the the south 99,000 years early. Either way a great cigar and some excellent run will be a nice way to finish the day.

What kind of tobacco do you like? I smoke a pipe from time to time, but haven't really found anything special. Well other than 2 or 3 house blends from The Country Squire.
Some of my favorites:
  • G.L. Pease - Quiet Nights (English) -- rich and creamy
  • A&C Peterson - Escudo Navy de Luxe (VaPer) -- a cup of tea
  • Seattle Pipe Club - Plum Pudding (Balkan)
  • Seattle Pipe Club - Mississippi River (English)
  • Hearth & Home - Magnum Opus (English)
  • Others: H&H White Knight (Balkan), MacBaren Dark Fired (Virgina/Burley), Petersen Old Dublin (English/Balkan)
Each is different. I switch back and forth as to which is my favorite.

Quiet Nights smells like a camp fire in the tin, but is a rich & creamy smoke...one of the best in my opinion, but you have to like "English" style tobacco. Great for a late night smoke, after everyone else has gone to bed. Or, on a snowy day.

Plum Pudding and Mississippi River are similar, but the former has a mild fruit cake note and the latter has a chocolate note. Flavorful substitutes for Quiet Nights.

Escudo is a crisp cup of tea. Great any time.

Magnum Opus is hard to peg...sort of...floral???

Old Dublin is just...tobacco.

Last edited:
Taticus, I will be trying out some quite nights.

Cabin Fever, I love the KFC's and the Chunkcy is my favorite of that line. ALWAYS a good smoke

Today while mowing I tried a new cigar I've been sitting on. It was a Ava Maria Agrentenium. That was a fantastic smoke. Very tasty and consistant thru the whole thing. When I got finished working and ready to settle for the night I had a Oliva Serie V Mealanio Rubusto. That line is one of my all time favorites.
After supper and nursing a glass of Brandy I decided to try a bowl of a new to me tobacco. Northwoods from JM Boswell. That is one smooth tasting baccur. I'll be having that again without a doubt

Has anybody tried a Rocky Patel? I see them around but never tried one.

Can I say how much I enjoyed the Drew Estates KFC "Chunky." I smoked these with two friends. We liked the "two-tone" wrapper, the even burn. the aroma and flavor, and the long ash length (we had a contest). This may become my new fave.
The Chunkies are excellent little cigars, I have two on hand right now. In fact I may enjoy one today during the Lions game.

Has anybody tried a Rocky Patel? I see them around but never tried one.
I had one back at the start of the Covid, It was alright if I remember. It would have been better with Scotch or a fruity Bourbon, Maybe a mellow Almond liqueur.

Latest posts

Back