College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the Arizona game. They had great players. Ms st had great players, only their players were a whole lot bigger! Az was just out matched.

I thought with so many sec national champions that all sec schools would benefit. It appears to be happening.

13 of the last 20 national champions are sec schools. Every high school athlete in the country knows that the big boys play in the sec. And that's were they want to play. Even Vandy has benefited...

Appy state has elevated the division they are now in. Haven't seemed to miss a step. Their last 10 games against ranked opponents they have won or at least led in the 4th quarter. (Heard this on a talk show. I don't dig into sports near that deep). I bet they will end up having a hard time getting good teams to schedule them if this keeps up

Vandy won. Miss State and LSU could be interesting. Auburn got smoked. I didn't look at the schedule closely. Are there any good games tonight?

KY, MO, GA, Ol MS, AL, LSU, AK, TN, FL and Vandy won. Looks like Tx am is the better team, should win.

SC, Ms sT lost against sec teams, Aub, they just lost.

One word about the LSU game, saw something amazing, don't see it very often. Wondered if anyone else noticed.

Lsu players have had it bad starting with ole Ed getting canned last season. The first games this year I saw... they were lost and confused, not a team. They were pretty much demoralized.

Tonight they looked the same for 3 quarters. Then... 2 defensive guys went on a tear. Nothing had changed. It was from pride, suddenly a couple of guys played like they were disgusted with all the crap and said enough!!! This was their home field! They stood up and took it on themselves. Then it was 4 guys, then 9... 2nd series later it spread to the offense. They scored 21 straight.

Anyway, I saw them become a team. Don’t often see a demoralized team stand up this way. Even the big ugly's got nasty and ugly. :waiting:

They were playing a pretty good team which means they are dangerous. If they keep their new found attitude that is, time will tell. Next week a nobody, in two weeks they have Auburn, then TN, FL, Ole Ms. That’s a tough row to hoe. Don’t play Bama until Nov.

Oh, and Auburn… heard them say tonight that they have 3 QB’s. All 3 were off season transfers from non-sec schools (and they still couldn’t win). If there’s a skill position open on an sec team there is a line of guys waiting for the chance.

One word about the LSU game, saw something amazing, don't see it very often. Wondered if anyone else noticed.
Lsu players have had it bad starting with ole Ed getting canned last season. The first games this year I saw... they were lost and confused, not a team. They were pretty much demoralized.
Tonight they looked the same for 3 quarters. Then... 2 defensive guys went on a tear. Nothing had changed. It was from pride, suddenly a couple of guys played like they were disgusted with all the crap and said enough!!! This was their home field! They stood up and took it on themselves. Then it was 4 guys, then 9... 2nd series later it spread to the offense. They scored 21 straight.
I watched that too (it is required because I live down here :rolleyes:)
Was happy because my neighbors won't be pist.:thumbs:
...Of course as a Bama guy, it was great to see Auburn get their shorts yanked down:D.
Watched the Texas A&M game because stepdaughter is an alumni.
Wonderful saturday.:)
(well, and then there was the Bama game... but we can't talk about that down here😁).

Last edited:
We played a cream puff so the win was expected. Next three weeks are brutal. We go to Auburn, then to Georgia, then to Florida. They better put on their big boy pants to get through that stretch. We will see what they are made of.

I was rooting for Mizzu, no idea what happened. They had auburn beat...

The Vols whipped florida good but almost gave it away at the end.

Ky, Aub, GA, Ms St, TN, Ole Ms won

Tx Am, AL, SC, LSU & bama winning.

AK losing.. FL, MO lost

The AK, Am game is just wacked! I think AK is a better team but don't think they'll win unless they suddenly get it together.

AK losing.. FL, MO lost

The AK, Am game is just wacked! I think AK is a better team but don't think they'll win unless they suddenly get it together.
Thanks for the post. :thumbs:
I've been wearin' my Bama shirt all day (vintage 1992) and I missed the first half of the game.
81066-brickwall100.gif

IMG_20220924_202432.jpg

What happened to Vandy? I thought they had a defense, at least thats what the man on the tv said... :rolleyes:

Their heart was gone by the half. They weren't tackling, even their big guys were getting run over.

I expected better, they didn't play like an sec team.

AK losing.. FL, MO lost

I blame the coach for that loss. First and goal with 44 seconds left, and you play for a field goal? Which they missed and sent the game into overtime. Why not try to score a touchdown? Stupid decision cost them the game. Although neither offense showed up in the second half. It was a punt fest. Neither team wanted to win.

The surprises this week were Miami and Texas both losing to unranked teams. Best game of the day may have been Wake Forest and Clemson. Took Clemson two overtimes to win.

Was gone all day, just now finishing up watching Fl vs UT. Good game and I'm glad to get out with a win. UT's secondary SUCKS. We make poor QB's look like heisman canidates.
Gotta catch up with all the other action today.

Good win for you guys, BP. I watched a lot of the game. They righted the ship when they had to. I think we play you guys a little later in the season. Hope our coach get his head out of his you-know-what beofre we play.

Checked the scores this morning...

FL, AK, Mizzu and Vandy all lost. The rest of the Sec won.

The best game was Tx am and AK. AK was like a team that had never won before and didn't know how. They should have won.

Checked the scores this morning...

FL, AK, Mizzu and Vandy all lost. The rest of the Sec won.

The best game was Tx am and AK. AK was like a team that had never won before and didn't know how. They should have won.

Arkansas got off to a great start, then folded up their tent and went home. I agree. I thought they were the better team. Makes you wonder what happened, but if we could figure that out we would be zillionaires, not arm chair quarterbacks.

Well, we played good football for 56 minutes. I think the defense just ran out of gas. Gonna be some interesting games in weeks to come. Alabama's starting QB is suspect. I hope he is O.K. Was A&M grossly overrated or is MIssissippi State that good? Maybe a combination of the two. Kentucky vs. Ole Miss was fun to watch.

I watched some of ASU vs. USC late last night. JMHO but USC and all of the PAC-12 for that matter is grossly overrated.

Who won the Ky Ole Miss game. I missed it totally. A&M is like LSU great players, but poorly coached. I thought Missou had em beat. What happened to Bama's QB?
I completely missed college football saturday :(. Shame on me!!!
59596-441299e2086385154fe2cb8ef26da68f.data

You guys are gonna hafta fill me in.

Who won the Ky Ole Miss game. I missed it totally. A&M is like LSU great players, but poorly coached. I thought Missou had em beat. What happened to Bama's QB?
Ole Miss beat Kentucky 22-19. I believe Kentucky turned the ball over their last three possessions.

The Alabama QB sat out the second half. They are calling it a shoulder sprain, and Saban said it wasn't serious. The way he was holding his arm it looked serious to me. They were still good enough to handle a good Arkansas team.

I think the only big surprise was #18 Oklahoma got smoked by unranked TCU 55-24. Knocked Oklahoma out of the rankings completely. Other upsets: UCLA beat #15 Washington, and Georgia Tech beat #24 Pittsburgh.

Friday night my satellite tv provider suddenly turn off espn and it's subs. I lost 7 channels of sports. It's over a new contract.

I did watch the bama game. Shame about the qb, I don't have any local intel.

I usually see a few other sec games, didn't. And I can't see the channels that replay them during the week. Oh well, if espn gets higher fees it'll come out of my pocket eventually. Besides, I rarely watch a replay.

Well I didn't see what happened at LSU happening. UT was clicking on all cylinders. That fumble on the opening kickoff was a telling sign
Time for Bama to come get some.
Can't thank you enough for the heads-up!:huggs:
They are playing Texas A&M at 7:00.
Missed most of the game last week.:mad:
I remain a lifelong Bama fan and daughter is an A&M alumni, I can't lose!😁

Can't thank you enough for the heads-up!:huggs:
They are playing Texas A&M at 7:00.
Missed most of the game last week.:mad:
I remain a lifelong Bama fan and daughter is an A&M alumni, I can't lose!😁
Yeah but I was referring to next weeks game. Assuming Bama wins tonight!!!
#1 against where ever we end up, at least #8. Biggest game of the year in SEC. So far

Yeah but I was referring to next weeks game. Assuming Bama wins tonight!!!
#1 against where ever we end up, at least #8. Biggest game of the year in SEC. So far
Weird stuff happens in a rivalry game, like when Bama plays Auburn.
I remember one year, Bama was undefeated and Auburn hadn't won a single game.
They beat Bama, giving them their single loss for the year. :(

Latest posts

Back