College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well crap! This seems the year for it. The rest might as well get it out of their systems too. Been a while since bama lost at some of these places.

Young couldn't seem to hit the side of a barn tonight and was still happy go lucky, smiling ear to ear on the side line. Don't know what to make of that.

Well crap! This seems the year for it. The rest might as well get it out of their systems too. Been a while since bama lost at some of these places.

Young couldn't seem to hit the side of a barn tonight and was still happy go lucky, smiling ear to ear on the side line. Don't know what to make of that.
Yeah, I'm gonna hafta keep my head down for a few days.
I was on the back porch when LSU scored the game-winning touchdown and could actually hear the screaming from all the 'man-caves' around here.
It was obvious.
Great game though, which I really like :thumbs:.

Last edited:
Missouri laid an egg against Kentucky. I can't believe they gave the coach a two year extension on his contract. He is supposed to be an offensive coach and the offense stinks. Seems like the only team that wants to win is Georgia. I was surprised that Tenn did not have answer.

This is one of the things I dislike about College Football. For all intents and purposes, Alabama's season is over. The chances of a two loss team making even the expanded playoff system are pretty remote. They will have no chance to play for a national championship. That has always bothered me. If you lose the first game of the season your chances are pretty bad. Your season shouldn't be over after the first game. Anybody can have a bad game. The NCAA should have a better process to keep more teams in the hunt for a full season. Just my 2 cents.

Well today has been wild. Lots of high ranked teams put to the test.

UT got their head handed to them. Defence decided not to show up. Worst game they've played all season. Any hope of the playoffs are out the window now. They better get their head outta thier butt of they'll lose to Vandy next week.
On top of that our QB got hurt, likely a knee injury.

I hadn't heard about UT. I thought they locked the sec west title when lsu won last week? Just looked up the score... maybe its a disease they got from bama? What the heck happened...?

Bama wasn't televised, a cake walk apparently.

Vandy looked good this afternoon. Kids played their hearts out. Kentucky lost but played well, or maybe GA took the day off? Wasn't sure on that point.

I watched most of the Kentucky/Georgia game. Georgia had no answer for Kentucky's running game, but they were good enough to win. I was really rooting for Vandy when they beat Florida. Vandy's program is vastly improved.

Mizzou had a cream puff this week playing New Mexico State. They better buckle up their chinstraps. They have Arkansas next week who just beat Ole Miss.

For anyone who is interested in the West, USC beat UCLA, and has a chance at returning to the playoffs. USC is a one loss team who has a good chance at winning the PAC-12.

TCU is another contender. They won on the last play of the game to move to 11-0. They beat a very good Baylor team.

Last edited:
Mizzu won! Beat Arkansas... get cross state line bragging rights!

No idea about Bama against Auburn tomorrow.
A fierce rivalry game that has proven in the past that anything can happen.
What time is the game?

The 'Iron Bowl' is radical! I've personally witnessed busloads of Auburn fans on the highway, returning from some other game, and don't ever discount those Auburn fans! Crimson Tide fans too! I sure hope I can catch some of tomorrow's game, we'll see, I may be riding at Red Sands, lol. Maybe those offroad heroes down there will have the game on in one of their RVs, aye? I just saw some highlights of the game between NC State & NC, that was a good finish, but I was rootin' for the Tar Heels, lol. Anyway, I gotta think about choosing an app to get live football games on schedule, it just galls me to hafta PAY for watching what was once FREE, ya know? With luck, I can find that game on CBS... maybe I should hook back up with Pluto TV, they might have it on for free, yeah? Or NOT? I thought I watched some games on that channel before, but so much has happened with these multiple relocations of mine that I've lost touch with football. I was a LIFELONG FAN too, until the rich overpaid pro crybaby athletes started kneeling during the national anthem, and their idiot globalist team owners dragged politics into the game, PFFFFFFFT. :confused:

I'm watching this CBS sports program on Tubi, and that Michigan-Ohio State game will be good too! I think I'm gonna sign back into Pluto TV, maybe I can catch some gridiron action that way manana. Despite the standings, Notre Dame at USC might be worth watching as well... I miss watching football every weekend! 😢

Now for my impersonation of an overpaid crybaby pro athlete on the sideline when the national anthem is sung... :cry:

Whoa, here are highlights of the Razorbacks game Peanut mentioned... ugly finish for Arkansas!!! :oops:

The 'Iron Bowl' is radical! I've personally witnessed busloads of Auburn fans on the highway, returning from some other game, and don't ever discount those Auburn fans! Crimson Tide fans too!
Without question. :thumbs:
They were showing last-year's (2021) game on TV : 3 overtimes.:oops:
You think the fans for the teams were nuts when that game ended?
Answer = Aw hail yeah!!!

Last edited:
Gotta like triple OT, lol... 😍

Edit: Now, I like these highlight reels on this sports program... not the same as watching a live game on TV, but better than nothing, lol. 😒

Oh, man, I just watched highlights of the Tar Heels again in 2OT, and that kicker is the GOAT tonight, lol... and I ain't talkin' the "Greatest Of All Time!!!" 🤣

Last edited:
Gotta like triple OT, lol... 😍
Rivalry?
You already forgot about the Tennessee fans tearing the goalposts down and toting them up into the stands after beating Bama?
Does this qualify as nuts?
09093fe2-e4ed-4354-994f-2b37ae9c7374-USATSI_19241837.jpg

Really looking forward to today's games. This is Rivalry Saturday. The talking heads have tried to make Missouri/Arkansas a rivalry, but it pales in comparison to Missouri/Kansas back when both were in the Big 8. That was a hateful rivalry that went all the way back to Slave State vs, Free State days when it was bloody and ugly.

Alabama/Auburn all bets are off. Throw the records out the window. ANYTHING can happen. That one will be my favorite to watch. Michigan/Ohio State I expect to be very good.

On a lesser note Arizona finally beat Arizona State for the first time in five years. Both teams stink but it is truly a hateful rivalry. They call it the Territorial Cup. Hard to get excited when a 5-7 team beats a 3-9 team, but braggin' rights are braggin' rights. The Arizona coach may have saved his job. After going 1-11 his first year, and 5-7 this year he isn't exactly putting fannies in the seats.

Michigan was very impressive. After the first half, Ohio State folded up their tent and went home.

Maybe the upset of the day, South Carolina beat Clemson 31-30.

Alabama just scored, so they are up 7.

Oregon/Oregon State is close at the end of the first quarter.

Bama is now up 21-7 at the end of the first quarter. Auburn isn't done yet. Maybe they are but don't know it. Anything can happen in this game. I won't sit until it's over.

12-0 feels pretty darn good this year.
Being from Michigan I am always a Wolverine fan, but I very rarely watch any sports and trying to stream illegal feeds is difficult at best. But I enjoyed the heck out of the many highlight videos of todays game over ohio. I don't know what the future holds but it is a happy day on top of a happy season.
1669506714997.png

Latest posts

Back