Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also miss Sentry who was fun 'debating' history and religion with, Katlupe, Uncle Joe doesn't come around much either.
I would bet Sentry gets on here and reads the posts. He just can't post himself because of his job.
He was about the most active member here so it would be hard to just stop cold.
Hi Sentry. Hope all is well in your life.

I miss all of them too Weedy, and also TMT.

OK........This will be a hard pill for some on this forum, but "This is a Chit'Chat forum". Nice people, and some have a slight "INTEREST" in prepping and survival studies, but a slight interest is a million miles from those who are "Drop'Dead" 100% serious about studying and training and building, for a massive SHTF event.

I am not bad mouthing those who are "somewhat" interested in prepping and make effort in that area. But it is hard for super serious preppers to wade through the Chit'Chat to fine some quality meat and potato advanced prepping study and information here on this forum.

No forum is going to be able to keep all members fully satisfied. And the truth is that interest in Prepping and Survival studies has been fading rapidly. TMT is happy and well, and very active on the most serious of the Prepping and Survival "Studies" Forum.

Sadly many of what were good prepping forums, are now "Not" worth the time forums. You can find TMT several times a day at "My Survival Forum" (Which is an International Prepping and Survival Forum).

OK........This will be a hard pill for some on this forum, but "This is a Chit'Chat forum". Nice people, and some have a slight "INTEREST" in prepping and survival studies, but a slight interest is a million miles from those who are "Drop'Dead" 100% serious about studying and training and building, for a massive SHTF event.

I am not bad mouthing those who are "somewhat" interested in prepping and make effort in that area. But it is hard for super serious preppers to wade through the Chit'Chat to fine some quality meat and potato advanced prepping study and information here on this forum.

No forum is going to be able to keep all members fully satisfied. And the truth is that interest in Prepping and Survival studies has been fading rapidly. TMT is happy and well, and very active on the most serious of the Prepping and Survival "Studies" Forum.

Sadly many of what were good prepping forums, are now "Not" worth the time forums. You can find TMT several times a day at "My Survival Forum" (Which is an International Prepping and Survival Forum).

I like TMT and miss his posting here. I missed Pessimistic since his illness from the other site too.
But forums have to have some sort of variety to survive imo. And there is no such thing as a perfect forum or group of people. I've posted with many here for years on another forum,including my cyber friend TMT.
You can only talk about preps and guns for so long and I learn from people like you on these subjects. I'm glad you are here and hope you can learn something from us here too.
I know I'm the biggest mouth piece here so hope you can ignore my blabbing. Take care.:green man:Say hi to TMT for me.

PS V.Prepper. I can't imagine anything you'd want to learn about preps that one of the members here can't teach you. Most are old friends of TMT and full of knowledge like he is.
I can't think of one subject somebody couldn't help others with. Glad you got to vent though .

Glad you got to vent though

Hmmmmmm........and here I thought I was being helpful. Did not feel like venting, and that was not the purpose of my post. Oh'Well....... such if life.

PS V.Prepper. I can't imagine anything you'd want to learn about preps that one of the members here can't teach you. Most are old friends of TMT and full of knowledge like he is.
I can't think of one subject somebody couldn't help others with. Glad you got to vent though .

Knowledge is not the same as "First Hand Experience". There is a mountain of difference between watching a You Tube video, where the person learned his "Knowledge" from another video, or something he read, and hopes like hell it is valid.

Then there is those living it 24/7/365 for decades. What I call, "Boots in the Field" experience.

Knowledge is not the same as "First Hand Experience". There is a mountain of difference between watching a You Tube video, where the person learned his "Knowledge" from another video, or something he read, and hopes like hell it is valid.

Then there is those living it 24/7/365 for decades. What I call, "Boots in the Field" experience.

You ring? Between me and my hubby you can't get more " boots on the ground" . So if there is anything you want to know just ask us.
And if we don't have the worn out shoes from ground work than I bet there are others here who do.
But yes we all started somewhere with instruction but after practice we are now official jack boots of all trades.

I hang my hat there, too, and enjoy sharing my experiences, life-lessons, and practical knowledge..and receiving a ton of the same from others there.

On the other hand, I also love this place (homesteadingforum.org) because of the nice folks here and because it IS a friendly chit-chat kind of place. It is so good to hang my hat here, too and rest my mind! I also treasure Peanut's herbal knowledge, VenomJockey's music contributions, the humor thread, and the posts of every single member here. Although I don't always post a whole lot, it is an oasis for me, so thank all y'all.

I have just sent out an email to all members asking those that have been busy to come back and tell us what's been happening and hang around and discuss holiday plans and such.

Davarm doesn't live far from me - his garden is as huge as usual, but he's a NEWLYWED! He and his new bride has been very busy with family. He still does a LOT of canning, and I see him post regularly on the No canning police (food group) on facebook fairly often. He still has a special jar of "LincTex" pickles waiting for me that I need to swing by and claim someday.

MosquitoMountainMan (MMM) and GypsySue adopted their grandson as their legal son, so now they have TWO youngins' wearin' them down, LOL!! I have been making plans to travel back to Montana next year, so I am going to try to swing in and say hello.

I haven't heard from Grimm in forever... She and Gypsy Sue are good friends so I will ask for an update.

I have been eating a little, working a TON, sleeping (very little) and spending time with my daughter when I can. I took a new job at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth on the F-35 program. I almost never work less than 12 hours a day.

There was a fella I met on the other board that lived in Midlothian - - I met him in person in 2012 when we had our "Big Texas Meetup" at Joe Pool lake. He started a website called Ellis County Preppers and I think he got too busy with that (and other things in life). I can't remember his user name - - but he's the one that got the spots reserved at Joe Pool Lake for us to have the "Big Texas Meetup".

Time sure flies... I think I started posting on "the other board" (what was it called again?) back around 2004 or 2005.

Davarm doesn't live far from me - his garden is as huge as usual, but he's a NEWLYWED! He and his new bride has been very busy with family. He still does a LOT of canning, and I see him post regularly on the No canning police (food group) on facebook fairly often. He still has a special jar of "LincTex" pickles waiting for me that I need to swing by and claim someday.

MosquitoMountainMan (MMM) and GypsySue adopted their grandson as their legal son, so now they have TWO youngins' wearin' them down, LOL!! I have been making plans to travel back to Montana next year, so I am going to try to swing in and say hello.

I haven't heard from Grimm in forever... She and Gypsy Sue are good friends so I will ask for an update.

I have been eating a little, working a TON, sleeping (very little) and spending time with my daughter when I can. I took a new job at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth on the F-35 program. I almost never work less than 12 hours a day.

There was a fella I met on the other board that lived in Midlothian - - I met him in person in 2012 when we had our "Big Texas Meetup" at Joe Pool lake. He started a website called Ellis County Preppers and I think he got too busy with that (and other things in life). I can't remember his user name - - but he's the one that got the spots reserved at Joe Pool Lake for us to have the "Big Texas Meetup".

Time sure flies... I think I started posting on "the other board" (what was it called again?) back around 2004 or 2005.
Hi Linc, I just said hello to you on Sentry's thread about going Aardvark. I hope you are well, and thanks for stopping in. Thanks for the updates on other friends.

Latest posts

Back