diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
week 13 day 5

today I am going to make cream of aspargus soup and pancakes. My mom used to make that and my kids used to always ask for it . Haven't made it in a while

If I was superstitious I would say the 13th week diet is not going well at all

I doubt I will lose any thing week, but I will keep going and try to do better next week. I hope I didn't gain anything

Hit another record that i haven't seen since I was 20'ish. That 5 mile hike must have paid off yesterday.
Screenshot_20240328_081114_Fit Profile.jpg

I walked a mile and half today.
Typical breakfast for me is the following:
Homemade bagel sliced in half(top or bottom, that way I have four slices of bagel) toasted.
Homemade miniature quiche placed on top of bagel
Fresh fruit
32 ounces of lemon water
Coffee
Typical Lunch:
2 ounces of thinly sliced meat(raw)
2 ounces each of thinly sliced fresh vegetables(mushrooms,leeks,carrots, cabbage,green onions,small piece of thinly sliced julienne ginger).
Hot homemade chicken broth or hot homemade vegetable broth.
The hot broth will cook the meat and vegetables
32 ounces of lemon water
coffee
Typical snack:
fruit, yogurt
Typical Supper:
4 ounces of meat( tonight it was baked chicken)
5 homemade noodles( break the noodles into pieces)
1/4 cup carrot coins
1/4 cups peas
Homemade chicken noodle soup in a cup for 4-5 minutes in microwave.
44 oz of no sweet tea

Last edited:
I walked a mile and half today.
Typical breakfast for me is the following:
Homemade bagel sliced in half(top or bottom, that way I have four slices of bagel) toasted.
Homemade miniature quiche placed on top of bagel
Fresh fruit
32 ounces of lemon water
Coffee
Typical Lunch:
2 ounces of thinly sliced meat(raw)
2 ounces each of thinly sliced fresh vegetables(mushrooms,leeks,carrots, cabbage,green onions,small piece of thinly sliced julienne ginger).
Hot homemade chicken broth or hot homemade vegetable broth.
The hot broth will cook the meat and vegetables
32 ounces of lemon water
coffee
Typical snack:
fruit, yogurt
Typical Supper:
4 ounces of meat( tonight it was baked chicken)
5 homemade noodles( break the noodles into pieces)
1/4 cup carrot coins
1/4 cups peas
Homemade chicken noodle soup in a cup for 4-5 minutes in microwave.
44 oz of no sweet tea
your food is similar to mine except I eat most of mine in 1 meal around lunchtime

and I don't weight anything. I just eat 1 plate of food, and 1 bowl of soup to go with it

I have a large cup of coffee ( decaf) or tea with sugar and milk in the morning, no breakfast usually
then the big meal at lunch
then for afternoon snack usually a piece of toast with peanut butter or Nutella
apple or other fruit
then maybe a smoothie early evening, yesterday I had a bowl of leftover soup

I had microwaved bacon and fried eggs for dinner last night. The bacon was wrapped in paper towels and it sucked out any and all the great grease. It was crunchy, and tasted like bacon, but had the consistency of freeze dried bacon. I also had of Skinny Pop while watching a movie last night. I woke up losing another 8 ounces, now down to 213 even.

You are on "Havasu's plateau"!😃
no I just haven't been sticking to my diet well this week, it started with the stupid time change and less time to cook because we are doing more other stuff
Plus dog injured my knee and I haven't been taking him for a hike all week until yesterday a really short one, no time to go swimming either, so I am eating less healthy ( it takes time to clean and chop up lots of veggies, plus make soup every day ) , using less calories and eating at the wrong time ( too late in the evening)
I wished these goat kids would arrive so we could get back to a more normal schedule. I keep wanting to go to the barn late, to make sure there are no problems and it is messing up my sleep schedule too plus the stupid time change didn't help

So, yesterday i woke up at 213 pounds. Did my normal 4 mile walk. Worked in the yard, went any bought some stuff at Lowes, then puttered outdide for a few hours, had my normal salad, and ate 4 pork ribs, steamed broccoli, and 3 teaspoons of leftover rice (finished old leftovers), and went to bed. This morning, i weighed in at 214.4 pounds. I am sitting here bewildered as to my 1½ pound gain. I really must be obsessed.

Even my other half is annoyed by my obsession with trying to lose weight.

Just like our daily living, i guess life it truly just a bunch of "ups and downs!"

So, yesterday i woke up at 213 pounds. Did my normal 4 mile walk. Worked in the yard, went any bought some stuff at Lowes, then puttered outdide for a few hours, had my normal salad, and ate 4 pork ribs, steamed broccoli, and 3 teaspoons of leftover rice (finished old leftovers), and went to bed. This morning, i weighed in at 214.4 pounds. I am sitting here bewildered as to my 1½ pound gain. I really must be obsessed.

Just like our daily living, i guess life it truly just a bunch of "ups and downs!"
...You just need to take a good poop. :thumbs:

Last edited:
your food is similar to mine except I eat most of mine in 1 meal around lunchtime

and I don't weight anything. I just eat 1 plate of food, and 1 bowl of soup to go with it

I have a large cup of coffee ( decaf) or tea with sugar and milk in the morning, no breakfast usually
then the big meal at lunch
then for afternoon snack usually a piece of toast with peanut butter or Nutella
apple or other fruit
then maybe a smoothie early evening, yesterday I had a bowl of leftover soup
I have a light meal before I take the cancer pill otherwise it makes me sicker than a dog.
Afterwards I eat something light to settle my stomach.
Don't get me wrong the cancer pill is going to make me sick regardless.
But this works for me
Also this meal plan is not etched in stone.
It's just a sample of what I eat.

Rice absorbs liquid.
And rice swells even after cooking.

I am sitting here bewildered as to my 1½ pound gain. I really must be obsessed.

If you are truly obsessed, do some experiments by weighing yourself before and after consuming 1½ pounds of supper food.
Nobody says a word about 'intake and exhaust' but it calculates into your 'total weight' number also.

Last edited:
OK, let's decipher my crappy findings. (see what I did?)

One gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.

A 16 ounce bottle of water weighs 1 pound, and 2/3rd's of an ounce.

So, theoretically, if you have a bottle and a half of water, ice tea, or most any other liquid, will actually make up a pound in a half.

Yeah, I'm obsessed.... but please understand, I need to get into this mode in order to continue my weight loss goal. I am down nearly 50 pounds from last July. My blood pressure has dropped from "elevated" to "normal" readings, I have cut the amount of pain pills in half, my cardio output has increased substantially, and I feel 100% better. I have enjoyed this journey, but it is my friends in here that have really helped me and given me support, which you will never know how much I appreciate all of you!

I thought this same thing as I typed my concern! :eyeballs:
I don't know why mentioning 'elimination' is taboo today, butt it is.
When I was young, every kid was given this book:
image_3f01e7fd-6d11-4dde-8fad-192f207df581_1242x.jpg

It is important to us all, like it or not :(.

my weight will fluctuate wildly because of amount of fluids i drink...its reason i pick a time of day to always weigh...i weigh first thing in mornings and thats my weight...i do check it at other times just because i want to...but i drink lots of water in a day..yes i know i sweat and pee it out..but i drink over a gallon a day...so my weight can really range through out the day...now if i ad in fasting from food and only drinking water...i can see weigh drop through out day especially when i feel my body 'burning' as i work...its burning calories to do the work.

truth in advertising..i not done well the last bit...i been tied up with family about daily going to dr.'s and therapy...well..at least its my excuse i am using for now.I did hit the woods a bit yesterday for a couple-three hours doing nothing but woodsbuming and wasnt doing real hiking.

with that being said...i feel so much better as i have kept stretching and more and my bad leg is even better...i have so better range of motion in it...if it keeps going i cant wait for more of that type thing.

i will get back to dropping pounds..i just gotta set my head to it and do it...

I don't know why mentioning 'elimination' is taboo today, butt it is.
When I was young, every kid was given this book:

It is important to us all, like it or not :(.
We shovel a bunch of it every day to clean the barn, sheep are the most pooping animals LOL, the goats are not as bad but they don't grow as fast

Salt intake and water retention will make you weigh more but it isn’t fat. Just fluids.
Yes. And most 'rapid-weight-loss' pills work by simply triggering the body to 'eliminate' solids and water.
This is why 'fasting' yields such fantastic results too.

sunday while grafting i thought i might drink a cider....how fitting to swig cider while grafting apple trees...anyway i was sitting their and turned bottle around to look at label....180 calories...WOW....one is enough at a time.

week 14 day 5

Finally! Another pound down and the week is not up yet! So 11 lbs to go. So glad I got past this, now I want to get below 10 soon
I noticed my weight seems to have shifted some , it seems I have more extra on my hips and thighs now and less on my belly, which is good I suppose

today I am baking some bread and making lentil soup with sausage
trying a new Greek country bread I found online

Latest posts

Back