Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do Valentines either...sorry.

Jim
sfun_nahnahna2.gif

What I love about the send one get one is that it often ends up in a card every other year cycle. We send a card and don’t get one in return so we don’t send next year. In year two they send us a card because they got one the year before. So in year three we send but they don’t. On it goes

What I love about the send one get one is that it often ends up in a card every other year cycle. We send a card and don’t get one in return so we don’t send next year. In year two they send us a card because they got one the year before. So in year three we send but they don’t. On it goes
You put way more thought into this than I did.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone realistically expected me to send cards out last year or this year. I did send some out years ago, but I can't remember what year that was.

I feel like so much is lost with technology anymore.
I thinks its become ok to text "hey thanks" or "we got your card". I get those. I don't feel like that has much meaning.
To me the act of sitting down and writing an actual Thank you means far more than a 10 second text.

I agree but I was thinking more of when it comes up in conversation

I always send out handsigned Christmas cards to family and friends. No letter though. Sometimes a photo. I also write Thank you notes for gifts. I send these snail mail. I'm also fussy about buying Christmas postage stamps for the cards. I like a religious stamp for Christmas, not the santa one. My cousins and I send mail back and forth, and thank you cards. But they have phone shacks outside, and they're not supposed to stay on the phone long.
My mom loves the Christmas cards she receives. She sends some out, but forgets to who sometimes. She had last years cards and this years taped to her door as a Christmas decoration. The one from her husband last year was in the middle. He died this last November, so she'll always save that card.
My Uncle Melvin is 94 and loves getting cards too, and sending them. This year he remembered to sign the one he sent to us. Last year he forgot.

My late husband's mother is going to make French toast in the morning and then they (her and her husband) are getting on the road.

My son was hyped up beyond belief today. It will be a long day tomorrow if he is that energetic again. haha

So busy day for me. Worked out for an hour and fifteen min, bought more paint, opened and used said paint for four hours painting these walls.
dinning room paint 1-6-18.jpg Kitchen paint 1-6-18.jpg

Now my arms are spaghetti and my back is a noodle with sand in it.

The first time my wife cooked for me, while we were dating, she got called to work just after we finished eating. She was only going to be gone 30-45 minutes so she asked me to just hang out until she returned. Instead I cleaned her kitchen, including her microwave, her refrigerator and her burner trays on her stove. When she returned I had just sat down and her kitchen was sparkling. She politely thanked me for cleaning up but quickly moved on from the topic. I found out later that her Dad apparently always did the dishes after dinner and she was super excited that I cleaned her kitchen. She said that was the first time she saw me as a potential husband. Little did I know it also meant I would be doing dishes 80% of the time.

My grandma always did the cooking and grandpa always cleaned up. Sometimes they would tag team the cleaning but usually it was just grandpa.
When my wife and I were both working, the first one home started supper and the other would clean up. Now whoever gets hungry first fixes meals and we both clean up.
Just so I'm not late this year,

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!:fun fun:

There I'm done... right?

I am with @buildit If I don't say it now, I will forget to later.
Nope! Y'all can't do that. I call "do overs"!

So busy day for me. Worked out for an hour and fifteen min, bought more paint, opened and used said paint for four hours painting these walls.
View attachment 2060 View attachment 2061

Now my arms are spaghetti and my back is a noodle with sand in it.

What color were they before?

This is a test, but no wrong answers.

Jim:)

I bought the paint and had them mix it based upon a color card that I "thought" was about the same as the color of the other paint I used. I was wrong and it is much lighter and brighter but I actually think it will look okay. I will find out tomorrow in the light of day I guess. :eyeballs:

I bought the paint and had them mix it based upon a color card that I "thought" was about the same as the color of the other paint I used. I was wrong and it is much lighter and brighter but I actually think it will look okay. I will find out tomorrow in the light of day I guess. :eyeballs:
I thought you had all of the information on the other paint that you used?!?

That sounds like a Fort move. :rolleyes:

I thought you had all of the information on the other paint that you used?!?

That sounds like a Fort move. :rolleyes:
I did, sitting safely at home. I decided to buy the paint on my way to the gym, sort of spur of the moment. Yes, like Fort would do. You must be rubbing off on me. :eyeballs:

Latest posts

Back