Garden 2024!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These seeds are supposedly waiting for me in the mailbox when I return home 😁 One more order still enroute.
1709249672714.pngGhost Pepper Seeds - Bhut Jolokia Pepper Seeds × 1
1709249710656.png
Purple Reaper Chili Pepper Seeds × 1

Onions, scallions, cauliflower, celery, and one variety of tomatoes are all up in my starter boxes. Finally see some leeks poking up today after two weeks. I also see a couple of pepper and eggplant seeds sprouting this morning. I was checking them and the cat tried eating my cauliflowers. He must think that the window sill next to his bed is a salad tray for him. I’ll need to plant some cabbage still. I’m pretty sure grandma wants to have me plant a bed for her when she gets moved over here, and I’m almost positive she will want pimento peppers.

Most of the onions have sprouted.

20240302_140742.jpg

20240302_140746.jpg

20240302_140751.jpg

While a few varieties are slow to germinate most are being cramped by the low domes. Swapped in the high domes.

20240302_141526.jpg

Fig trees are putting on leaves as well as the grape vines.

20240302_141209_HDR.jpg

Blackberries seedlings are doing ok so the dome came off them.

20240302_141154.jpg

The blackberry cuttings are developing leaves.

20240302_141220_HDR.jpg

Most of the broccoli seeds have sprouted. They are still under a dome for now.

The only things not showing signs of life are the English walnut and grape vine cuttings. I have never to clone an English walnut tree. Time will tell.

Ben

I have broccoli and cabbage starting to sprout. Atwoods had strawberry plants for 99 cents today, so I bought a bunch. I'm tired of fighting a weedy strawberry bed, so I'm using a planter this year.
I was just looking at my strawberry bed yesterday thinking I need to make a run through it but weather didn’t cooperate long enough.

First tomato seed sprouted. I’m trying to control my planting this year. I tend to get carried away when they are such small little seeds. But then they grow!

Y'all are making me anxious; I should have been starting seeds by now but just haven't had the time. Everything needs doing at once and I still haven't even begun to do the walls here yet, still living with the hideous 1970s decor. Hopefully I can get at the seeds on Monday or Tuesday.
I did go ahead and spend the money to buy a second greenhouse. They ship it on an 18 wheeler and you have to unload it yourself, so it's going to be interesting trying to coordinate the shipping company and the availability of help.

The only seeds I’ve started are cabbage, broccoli and peppers. Broccoli and cabbage are sprouted — just waiting on my peppers. Later I’ll get the leeks going an I have onion sets that I’ll be popping into modular trays.

Dug out my onion sets i grew last year.The reds failed to keep and only about half to 3/4 quarters of martins bottle onions kept.I planted out the bottle onions and have high hopes of producing major amount of seed this year.

Y'all are making me anxious; I should have been starting seeds by now but just haven't had the time. Everything needs doing at once and I still haven't even begun to do the walls here yet, still living with the hideous 1970s decor. Hopefully I can get at the seeds on Monday or Tuesday.
I did go ahead and spend the money to buy a second greenhouse. They ship it on an 18 wheeler and you have to unload it yourself, so it's going to be interesting trying to coordinate the shipping company and the availability of help.
No no no the 1970’s were not hideous. You are mistaken. They were
1709516695594.jpeg
😂😂😂

You HAVE to keep us updated!! 🌳
Will do! Dad asked why I didn't buy ones to plant in the ground and now my evil plan has been exposed. If they are in pots, I'll be able to take them with me when I (or we, for that matter) finally blow out of here. They are hardy enough to survive upstate by the cabin with proper protection.

I received my other order of seeds today. Wicked ghost, Trinidad scorpion, jumbo jalapeños, Myan habanero, some extra cow horns, and a new one as a surprise buena mulata. Next good day to plant them will be next Wednesday. Tray is all ready and waiting for them 😁.

I just worked up the big bush hog to run the fields and get them ready to start turning and dressing.
I will take the blade and run the gullies out as soon as I finish and then disk them.
Probably do a lot of Peaches and Cream Corn and have some for trade with our trader that does tons of purple hulls.
Sister in Law is out of town till late in the year with Niece so we are down a PEA picker HEHEHEH.
Potatoes, Tomatoes, Peppers, Lettuce, Onions, and Okra. maybe the apples and pears will do another good run.

I need to start some bees, we have had a lot of people that kept them pass, and the kids don't want to and have let them go.

I have a lot of places close with heavy white and red clover that would support a few hives. It is a pain to do unless someone will be willing to keep them after I catch the express we need bees though.

Seen the first bits of green...about an inch or less out in woods of ramps coming up.Cant wait to see just how big some of my younger patches grow this year.

Well i just looked through my scion and i think i have way more than i need to do anything with..some are just so so varities and one is from lost tag tree but i harvested just in case to have some practice wood. Anyhow i have 46 scion from my trees and i counted order up and have 11 scion coming i bought...each scion can do 2 grafts...i may be in trouble....lol....going to have to see if i can get more root stock or just buy a couple trees and turn into frankentree.

not going to tell how many seed i have chilling in refrigerator...lol..i may be an appleholic !

It's real popular to do around where I live. And also milk jugs with the bottom cut out. I didn't have luck with jugs, we get high winds and they blow away.
Drive some wooden stakes near the handles and use tie straps...?!?

Back