Gardening on the dark side

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty little bud that just finished the curing process.

C4F9E60C-3A54-4E79-A09F-60217882A247.jpeg

I pretty little bud that just finished the curing process.

View attachment 97706

i know zero about this stuff..but that looks like something you dust with !...lol

whats the next step to getting in rolling paper or pipe? do you grind or chop a entire bud at once or break off a section or what? sorry i am so dumb and have to ask yall silly question.

I was thinking more about regulations
We have regulations.

No using in public, but that is just a joke. Drive down the highways and watch for the clouds of smoke out the vehicle windows. People walk down the street and smoke. One of my regular dog parks is close to a high school. Since I am early, I see groups of students outside passing joints around.

Growing has to be indoors, not outside. All the growing is done in industrial buildings. That changed up real estate in a big hurry. Denver had around 350 pot shops early on. That took another hit on commercial real estate. I have seen plants in people's yards as I drive down the street. That can get you in trouble and it has a few people. One man had his grow in his back yard and local teens tuned into it, and got into his yard to help themselves. From his second story window he shot them. I know he is doing time now.

Taxes are fairly substantial and are designated for public support. A percentage is supposed to go to schools.

i know zero about this stuff..but that looks like something you dust with !...lol

whats the next step to getting in rolling paper or pipe? do you grind or chop a entire bud at once or break off a section or what? sorry i am so dumb and have to ask yall silly question.
It's all personal preference, I don't think there is a wrong way as long as you are not taking it rectally. There may even a valid reason for that too I suppose.

It's all personal preference, I don't think there is a wrong way as long as you are not taking it rectally. There may even a valid reason for that too I suppose.
The only thing I remember from my dope-smokin' days was:
Take the seeds out first or they go POW! and blow your joint apart.
I should probably look into CBD with my continuous joint pain I live with every day☹️.
I never liked getting high smoking dope because it made me super- paranoid.
Told my friends it was a waste of good dope for me to smoke it. ☹️
Yes, we grew it and I will confess to selling it for MONEY when I was a teen (since the statute of limitations has run out:rolleyes:).
Somebody gonna give me 20-bux for half a ziplock of dried leaves, well heck yeah!:woo hoo:

The only thing I remember from my dope-smokin' days was:
Take the seeds out first or they go POW! and blow your joint apart.
I should probably look into CBD with my continuous joint pain I live with every day☹️.
I never liked getting high smoking dope because it made me super- paranoid.
Told my friends it was a waste of good dope for me to smoke it. ☹️
Yes, we grew it and I will confess to selling it for MONEY when I was a teen (since the statute of limitations has run out:rolleyes:).
Somebody gonna give me 20-bux for half a ziplock of dried leaves, well heck yeah!:woo hoo:
My interest is in CBDs. I'm drinking a CBD beverage this evening. I used to purchase capsules with CBD oils in them, but the shop closed. We have many CBD food we can purchase. I want to get some teas, but about $20 for a container of 10 tea bags.

Grind it up and it’s ready to go.

Grind it up and it’s ready to go.

I'm old school... I like cleaning the bud off the 'lumber' with small snipper-type sewing scissors, lol. Lemme grab a shot of the scissors me beloved & dear departed mum used in her sewing days, they work GREAT for trimming bud, whipping line aboard boats, any task where close detail and attention are required with scissors that are NOT bulky, aye? This info is for the site member who asked how to deal with it, not for you, HB, you already know how to deal with it, lol. Same goes for your beautiful wife... ;)

Here are my bud-trimming scissors:

IMG_1944.JPG

Those are Singer scissors, I also have these Fiskars for other purposes:

IMG_1945.JPG

Both pairs of scissors have been in our family for DECADES, lol... that's NOT a crack in the Fiskars handle, it's just decades of grime & ingrained dirt on a seam, lol, probably from ME and not me BELOVED & DEAR DEPARTED MUM. :rolleyes:

I'm old school... I like cleaning the bud off the 'lumber' with small snipper-type sewing scissors, lol. Lemme grab a shot of the scissors me beloved & dear departed mum used in her sewing days, they work GREAT for trimming bud, whipping line aboard boats, any task where close detail and attention are required with scissors that are NOT bulky, aye? This info is for the site member who asked how to deal with it, not for you, HB, you already know how to deal with it, lol. Same goes for your beautiful wife... ;)

Here are my bud-trimming scissors:

View attachment 98026

Those are Singer scissors, I also have these Fiskars for other purposes:

View attachment 98027

Both pairs of scissors have been in our family for DECADES, lol... that's NOT a crack in the Fiskars handle, it's just decades of grime & ingrained dirt on a seam, lol, probably from ME and not me BELOVED & DEAR DEPARTED MUM. :rolleyes:
That bud had already been trimmed.

The Southern Baptists and Mormons won't let us have legal weed here yet, the only reason we got booze on Sunday was because so many of them were drunks! At least under an ounce is de criminalized.

My choice would be a nice, chilled bong hit any day!

Does anyone else put mint drops and ice in their bongs?

The Southern Baptists and Mormons won't let us have legal weed here yet, the only reason we got booze on Sunday was because so many of them were drunks! At least under an ounce is de criminalized.

My choice would be a nice, chilled bong hit any day!

Does anyone else put mint drops and ice in their bongs?
Do not forget LEO's.

Heh. A lot of cops I used to hang out with smoke.
It's hard to be violent on weed, most stoners would jump right in the back seat if you pitched in a bag of Doritos.

A little trimming from a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 96805

Here ya go, Bud, ya need one of These to go with That:
81OLqPX0QyL.jpg

:)
.. I should probably look into CBD with my continuous joint pain I live with every day☹️

Well.. Gotta tell ya - Have ya Ever tried 'Canna Butter'? (and I mean Outside of the 'Brownies / Cookies-context' :p ) Cause, for Me, at least, THC-infused Coconut Oil as 'Balm' is THE BEST 'deep' pain reliever going (well, short of a few Other 'Organic-unmentionables' :) And, Yes, this Includes 'deep Joint pain', as I had a couple years back during Early-Covid (More on that 'mystery' later.. 🤔

Super-easy to 'DIY', just finished up / sending-off a small batch (+ some flowers for Them to 'tailor their Own'..) off to the Folks - Today - in fact...

CB-Pak.jpg
:cool:

..And ya just rub it Into the skin / over the pained-area, and Man, lemme tell ya - It WORKS - and No 'high' whatsoever. :cool: Unless, of course, ya Eat it.. :p

My experience: Couple a years back, during the 'thick of Covid', I "suddenly" developed Excruciating pains deep in my 'good' Right shoulder (Left-shoulder got dislocated in a fall on Ice, way-back in ~2006 - then 're-dislocated' whilst Skateboarding ( :rolleyes: ) in early 2010s..) and in my Right knee..

Now, the Right Knee I initially-attributed to a decades-old 'torn meniscus repair' - figured maybe it was just 'Old Man Arthritis' creepin up on me, or "Age" or whatever (I mean, I Did jump off a Lot of Roofs as a kid, playing 'Steve Austin' or Dar Robinson-something-something :p - But this was Wierd: Not in the 'injured shoulder' - and 'Deep' - and relentless.. Even the usual 'cocktails' of Advil / Tylenol, 'Salonpas' / heat, etc - even CBD-oil and 'Kratom' didn't help much..

..But 'DIY Canna-Butter' - applied Right On / over the Area, gave me All-Day-Long lasting relief - near Zero pain - and let me Sleep (finally) good at night. (The 'mystery' is I, to this day, wonder if - some crazy-how - that was 'joint-Covid' or something bizzare (because, a) of the 'Timing', and b) I'd Heard that Some people were experiencing 'mystery joint pains' - though I had No other 'symptoms' - so never 'got Tested', so I Dunno, but.. Regardless - the 'Canna-Butter' was the Only 'remedy' that knocked the pain Out.. for Hours at a time..

"YMMV", and all that, but.. I'd say, find a way to 'DIY', or look for some Locally.. It's Really, really Easy.. ie:

(..and Yes - We make the Coconut-oil-Based stuff.. Some people, indeed, make it with (actual) "Butter", but.. For 'balm', Coconut Oil is better, IMO / E, as it absorbs better into the skin, and yet, As-with "Butter" - it Can also be used for, uh.. 'Stellar Cookies', should one wish.. :p

Fwiw..
jd

Last edited:
@SoJer whats the recipe for the rub?
@hashbrown whats your growing medium?
My soil is mostly compost. I dump all of the potting soil from our outside plants at the end of the season into my composter along with the daily food scraps and yard waste and the chicken manure and let it cook. After a grow is finished I dump the pots in the compost and keep mixing it.

My soil is mostly compost. I dump all of the potting soil from our outside plants at the end of the season into my composter along with the daily food scraps and yard waste and the chicken manure and let it cook. After a grow is finished I dump the pots in the compost and keep mixing it.
If you do have a plant that fails for an unknown reason, toss the soil just in case.

Have you considered a shop tour video of the grow room?

Ben

Back