Gardening on the dark side

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything you read says not to top auto flowering strains. I have always topped the autos, I’m experimenting now with two Strawberry pie plants at the moment, one being topped and low stress trained along with defoliation and one being left completely alone to grow wild. I’m really excited to find out how different the yields will turn out.

EF8FD3D5-E0A2-40C2-A7F8-772B7891A831.jpeg
95ABFBD6-D1F8-42C5-A4FA-7A405875897C.jpeg

Hey, don't knock those old 4-finger bags of 'Lumbo Gold!!!' Supposedly an ounce, but probably more, lol... in Coronado, a guy I knew worked at the Texaco Station at 8th & Orange, and his coworker sold dope that we could easily score. We just walked out back into the darkened alley where his Jeep was parked, he'd open a side box or some sort of compartment and we'd fork over our money. Best damn deal going in the mid-70s, before weed started to get more powerful, lol. The Lumbo Gold was stony Colombian weed with a sweet flavor, and it would get us teens high as kites before we walked into the Village Theatre to watch movies... bunch of delinquent skateboarders, don'tcha know? If we didn't go to the movies, we'd head for the fire rings on North Beach, where we frequently partied back in the day. Sacks of Lumbo went for $35 or $40, and they lasted awhile too!!! Funny how Cascadian's mention of "fingers" should bring those memories roaring back, lol. :oops:

Our "dealer" also used to score quantities of weed from Guerrero & Oaxaca in Mexico, lol... the famed 'Acapulco Gold!' Those varieties weren't bad but the Lumbo was always my favorite, because it gave ya a powerful stony buzz, aye? :cool:

Last edited:
Nigh on 42 years ago we had our parents over for dinner. Afterwards sitting in the living room, my husband’s mom picked up his cool little wooden box, lifted the lid and said, oh? What kind of seeds are these?
I had that same thing happen with my mother.
"They're flowering hemp mom, we're growing them for science class."
I kind of didn't lie. as crappy as it was, it probably WAS just hemp, and all the back row crew in Science class had a crop of it. :p ONLY BAD weed should be illegal. If I still care after two joints, its junk.

I could make all kinds of jokes about that thing, BUT I wanna stay on the admins good list.
Eat it....hehehehhhhhh...must resist! SO. do they make you as sick as the wild matchsticks?

Latest posts

Back