Gardening on the dark side

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harvested two of the Strawberry pie plants and hung to dry this morning. I’m guessing they make a total of 4 ounces after drying. I really need the other 4 autos to finish and get out of the way of my photo period plants. The photos need to be repotted into 20 gallon pots but I don’t have room until the rest of the auto flowers finish.

Harvested two of the Strawberry pie plants and hung to dry this morning. I’m guessing they make a total of 4 ounces after drying. I really need the other 4 autos to finish and get out of the way of my photo period plants. The photos need to be repotted into 20 gallon pots but I don’t have room until the rest of the auto flowers finish.
20 gallons?

5 gallon was the largest I ever saw but that was only one plant kept in veg state to produce clones. 3 gallon was the norm. The plants were on a heavy feed regime before the final flush.

Not that I know anything.

Ben

20 gallons?

5 gallon was the largest I ever saw but that was only one plant kept in veg state to produce clones. 3 gallon was the norm. The plants were on a heavy feed regime before the final flush.

Not that I know anything.

Ben

I like the 20 gallon pots. I save them from the bigger trees that I have to plant on my building project. This was the roots from a 20 gallon pot I had last fall.

92640074-1C91-403F-A2DE-037440A56170.png

Since its wintertime I have a hard time venting outside. I added a Mars Hydro filter to help take care of the smell. The plants aren’t bad at the moment being they are in preflower but they will start getting stinky in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 103365
I was talking to an environmental engineer who taught me the phrase...

The solution to pollution is dilution.

Smoke stacks are tall to dilute the pollution as they fall to mound level. I have seen grow operation that exhausted fumes through an unused flu in a chimney. The chimney was about 2.5 stories above ground level. The exhaust fan kept the grow room at a negative pressure so air was drawn into the room and discharged out the chimney. There was no smell outside the room.

If there is no chimney a discharge could run through a roof to look like a vent for plumbing.

How high does the discharge have to be?

Don't know. Not an environmental engineer.

Just sharing ideas.

Ben

This thread makes me yearn for early retirement..
I dont smoke but I tried the oil n gummies a few years ago. I ate the whole gummies square..i was supposed to quarter it but wow!
I needed a seat belt for my lazy chair ..i was so high i felt I would float away.
Nothing like the stuff I tried back in high school long ago.
I slept so good and didnt feel any of my pains. Come on retirement..lol..

I was talking to an environmental engineer who taught me the phrase...

The solution to pollution is dilution.

Smoke stacks are tall to dilute the pollution as they fall to mound level. I have seen grow operation that exhausted fumes through an unused flu in a chimney. The chimney was about 2.5 stories above ground level. The exhaust fan kept the grow room at a negative pressure so air was drawn into the room and discharged out the chimney. There was no smell outside the room.

If there is no chimney a discharge could run through a roof to look like a vent for plumbing.

How high does the discharge have to be?

Don't know. Not an environmental engineer.

Just sharing ideas.

Ben
I have a unused wood stove chimney within 20 ft of there that terminates above the 2nd story so we have a basement first floor and second floor it would put it leaving the house well over 30ft in the air. Now you have me thinking!

I have a unused wood stove chimney within 20 ft of there that terminates above the 2nd story so we have a basement first floor and second floor it would put it leaving the house well over 30ft in the air. Now you have me thinking!
The negative pressure in the room may help with needed C02 coming in and preventing the O2 building up, that the plants exhale.
*Disclaimer: I know ZERO about this, except a little bit about photosynthesis ...and the grow tents I saw, had compressed-gas cylinders with C02 in them.

You know 3 times more than me then! 🤣🤣🤣
... A little nugget forya' ;):
https://www.rockymountainair.com/blog/carbon-dioxide-enrichment-for-the-cannabis-industry/
How does carbon dioxide enrichment play such a significant role in cultivation industries? Circulating more parts per million (ppm) of carbon dioxide into manmade environments through ventilation systems is a way to naturally manipulate nature’s cycle of photosynthesis. Streaming supplementary CO2 into cannabis grow rooms and greenhouse operations accelerates yields by 10-25%, resulting in more harvests per year and a greater profit. Leaves can grow 30% larger in size with increased CO2 intake, which will compensate the need for greater water, light, and nutrients.

Latest posts

Back