Good Morning Everyone.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone :) and catching up with what we have done the last couple of days.

Yesterday was a nice day at church and DH made it through 3/4's of it before his back pain gave into the gardening we did the day before at the chapel. We got home and he had some pain killers and a nap for longer than usual. Apart from that we did nothing and enjoyed a leisurely Sunday.

Part 1 of today being Monday here is that we both woke up early and DH did some paid gardening work at the local bike track and then came home and sprayed around the fences and driveway with weed spray. While he did that I picked all of the no good fruit off the capsicum plants and put them in the compost bin along with any spent plants and put it up on the veranda so we can do that this afternoon.

Part 2 will come later as being 35 oc at the moment so we will finish our day once it cools off in the house under the ceiling fans.

Part 2 of our day today is that we collected the broad bean seeds off the plants drying on the back veranda and DH counted them making 640 more seeds for planting next season and some for selling on the internet. While we were out in the back gardens we trench composted the vegetable scraps from the kitchen, weeded a 2mt stretch of our large 10 x 5mt vegetable garden and on the way back picked up all of the hardwood sticks that had fallen from the trees that I had stored under the tree and filled up a 55lt flower pot and put them on the front veranda.

After DH counted the seeds I put them into saved and washed out containers I kept from some groceries and he took the dirty tablecloth off and put it in the wash and I wiped the writing off the washed clip seal freezer bags for reuse and put them in the boxes.

Now just to have dinner and nice cold showers before bed to cool off.

Good morning all!

I am at work today but am taking a couple hours of lost time to watch a plumber install a new 85 gallon hot water heater. The old one is 16 years old and has been acting up, plus I am pretty sure it is only producing around 40 gallons now. I hate having people in my home, so when I have to I like to be right there (badge & gun) with some rotties and some of my home security in plain view. I have 3 extra portable wireless video cameras just for that purpose. Plus I can use the opportunity to spread some disinformation and keep them in the areas I want them in.

Yes it ist,

When I wake up and my beautiful bride of 51 years is there,

We both are still breathin...
It's a GOOD morning'

100_5974.JPG

Cleaned up after cookie baking day. One of our grandsons spent the night, and we just finished the Toys R Us shopping for the needy and had 6 carts going. I sent the kids on a run. They're back for lunch, and since husband and everyone else is busy, they will have to go Christmas shopping with me this afternoon. Three twelve year olds are amusing. The twins need to finish up their shopping anyway.
You have twin grands, too?! We have identical grand girls! So much fun!!

Last edited:
Good morning! Sounds like everyone has been quite busy lately! My Kroger has pineapples for 99 cents and sweet potatoes for 49cents a pound so I'm going to grab some of each if they are in stock. My canned sweet potatoes are much better than store bought! Last week I had game day for seniors then a haircut Wednesday and Christmas dinner out with Sunday School on Thursday. Busy week! made a sweet potato cheesecake for the lady that gave us all the pecans. I gave her a Banana Bread too.

My glasses should be in at Walmart today or tomorrow. Will do a little shopping also at that time. Since I haven't heard any thing yet, I'm about to start some laundry and make a pan of Chocolate Pecan Fudge. Get some of tomorrows work done! Dogs, goats and cat are all good. DH's glasses won't be here for another few weeks. (VA)

Good morning, everyone! Woke up to a little snow and some slippery roads. I saw people over-driving ahead of me. One car went sideways at a traffic light. That always causes me to slow down. Doggies need to go out and take care of their business no matter the weather. I will lay low in between time and keep warm. 20 degrees currently.

Latest posts

Back