How Long until Christmas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
102 Days - better be nice
1663188404012.png

It's too late to be nice now so I'm just being good. My wife tells me I am best when I am bad but I know wives aren't always truthful with their husbands. ;)

95 days til Christmas for @Pearl
95 days til Christmas
Counting down
by leaps and bounds
95 days til Christmas for @Pearl

There ya go deary - and a snappy little tune to boot.
No, no need to thank me. I know you love it 😇
Did somebody call me?

Went to a local food festival on the weekend and bought a 'wee' bottle of whiskey for a friend's Christmas present. Couldn't resist the bottle! Aged in bourbon caskets...I hope he shares...then because I was in a christmassy mood, came home and used a voucher I'd been saving and bought a few books online for my kids. Ok, I also bought two for myself. I call it prepping ;)
WIN_20221003_11_29_28_Pro.jpg

Christmas Day is only 10 weeks from today so it's time to start gathering your ingredients to make fruitcakes. You don't have to make that many. I've noticed that one fruitcake will feed 120 people and still have left overs. 🥰

Christmas Day is only 10 weeks from today so it's time to start gathering your ingredients to make fruitcakes. You don't have to make that many. I've noticed that one fruitcake will feed 120 people and still have left overs. 🥰
LOL! Fruitcake is sure a controversial thing isn't it?

I remember the one and only time that I ate fruitcake, with whipped cream on it. I was so sick with a really bad headache (migraine) and vomiting in the next couple days. I couldn't even eat whipped cream for many years afterwards.

Thank you, but I'll pass on fruitcakes and the migraines that they give me. Enjoy yours!

DW is gathering dried fruit, all year, spices too. Last night someone gave her six pound of mixed dry fruit, she acted like it was gold.

I have a punch bowl with miniature books on our coffee table (long story). I change the little books out seasonally. I found a "new" little Christmas book for it. It's from the 1960's and is actual letters to Santa. So, thought I'd share if you care to laugh.
22 Days
IMG_5190.PNG

Back