Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20180204-121039.jpg
20180204_185034.png
FB_IMG_1517793855270.jpg
20180204_230018.png

I was once driving an unmarked Crown Vic with a partner on our way back from using a CI to buy some dope. We stopped at a red light and suddenly the back door opens up and two guys climb in. The first guy tells me where to go and so I shrug my shoulders, said all right and started driving. The second guy then asks where they can buy some drugs. My partner said he had some and as as they exchange dope for cash in the car I drove down the alley to a substation and into the garage. My partner had keyed his radio mic so the whole unit heard what was going on. By the time the two guys knew was was happening they had been ripped out of the back seat and were laying face down on concrete. Prosecutor was not happy to have to use the same evidence in 2 different cases.
Beautiful!

I was once driving an unmarked Crown Vic with a partner on our way back from using a CI to buy some dope. We stopped at a red light and suddenly the back door opens up and two guys climb in. The first guy tells me where to go and so I shrug my shoulders, said all right and started driving. The second guy then asks where they can buy some drugs. My partner said he had some and as as they exchange dope for cash in the car I drove down the alley to a substation and into the garage. My partner had keyed his radio mic so the whole unit heard what was going on. By the time the two guys knew was was happening they had been ripped out of the back seat and were laying face down on concrete. Prosecutor was not happy to have to use the same evidence in 2 different cases.

I had some older opened MREs that I was selling and the buyer asked if I could meet him after 11PM. We met outside a McDonalds. I was waiting for him and texted to ask what he was driving... he texted back "Crown Vic". I got a little worried. White crown Vic pulls up and guy gets out in a police uniform. I almost crapped my pants. He opens the back door and says toss them in here. Austin police officer. We talked a bit about the possibilities of a market crash, the numbers of APD that were left and right , what he would do in a crash scenario... then he said " I hope to see you on the other side" and got in his car and drove off.

Last edited:
Well there's the problem.... Don't go out when its -40°. :-o

-40 isn’t too bad, if you dress for it and keep active. when it gets really cold we stay home. I have been snowmobiling at -56 and a windchill of over -100 ... that’s too cold for man or machine. I was younger and much less wise in those days

-40 isn’t too bad, if you dress for it and keep active. when it gets really cold we stay home. I have been snowmobiling at -56 and a windchill of over -100 ... that’s too cold for man or machine. I was younger and much less wise in those days

Your nuts! Any negative temp is to cold go be out in. :eyeballs:

What is the coldest temp you have experienced? Me? -50.

I've seen -55F on the thermometer and I've been out when it seemed much colder. I wouldn't leave to go hunting much below -20F but it would often get quite a bit colder after we left. A high windshield on the snowmobile helps and proper clothing is key. Minus 40 is no big deal and I've made quick trips to the car and back in a tee shirt. I did put on gloves so I could open the car door. Okay, okay, there was no wind. Any wind at all changes the equation.

I've seen -55F on the thermometer and I've been out when it seemed much colder. I wouldn't leave to go hunting much below -20F but it would often get quite a bit colder after we left. A high windshield on the snowmobile helps and proper clothing is key. Minus 40 is no big deal and I've made quick trips to the car and back in a tee shirt. I did put on gloves so I could open the car door. Okay, okay, there was no wind. Any wind at all changes the equation.
Yes, wind changes everything. It can feel warm if you are in a place where the wind is not blowing on you, but step into the wind, a huge difference. I experience this frequently when I go to one dog park. It is on a creek and is like a wind tunnel. I was walking on a path, down from a 6 + foot wall, with rows of townhomes above and with no hat or scarf, I was sweating. Then I went to the dog park and had on my scarf and hat and some blankets and I was cold. And it was sunnier at the dog park. It was all about the wind.

It doesn't get much easier than that, does it?

It doesn't get much easier than that, does it?

Easiest arrest I ever had came when I was about 25 years old. I was standing in the parking lot of the police department talking with some of the guys coming on shift. A very intoxicated male driving down the road just happened to turn on the sidewalk thinking it was a road and slammed into a row of parked police cars. I walked about 20' and pulled him out of the car. He was arrested for felony DUI, reckless endangerment, 3 counts of felony intentional property damage, 4 counts of misdemeanor intentional property damage and driving on a sidewalk. We now have motor vehicle barriers all around the lot, except where you are supposed to drive.

What is the coldest temp you have experienced? Me? -50.
-35 in Fargo ND in Feb.
We had to keep our beer in an ice chest to keep it from freezing.
I let some Air Force guys talk me into ice fishing on Devils Lake.
Ice fishing is just another excuse to start drinking early.

Latest posts

Back