Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1635772480521.png

One more... true story. While attending advanced electronics school at Great Lakes Naval station I was also the company clerk. In the middle of the night a new guy had arrived with orders and was waiting in my office to be assigned a bunk, processed in etc. The night watch woke me, common occurrence.

I take the new guy's orders and just to be friendly while I got organized I asked his name.
Him - "Ben, Sir"
me-"last name?
H - "Gay, Sir"
Me - "You name is Ben Gay?"
H - "Yes Sir" while glaring at me, daring me to say something. It was easy to keep my grumpy demeanor, it was 2am.

So, I hand him a check-in folder (a dozen forms to fill out). At that moment the watch brought in another new guy. Same drill, take his travel packet/orders and start the check-in.

I asked his name.
Him - "Franky, Sir"
me-"last name?
H - "Faggart , Sir"
Me - "You name is Franky Faggart?"
H - "Yes Sir" while glaring at me, daring me to say something.

Seaman Gay laughed out loud.

Franky - "Something funny!!!!"

I said, "Franky Faggart, meet Ben Gay"!

They both laughed. I broke up!!! All semblance of military decorum had left the building!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They both became my friends... were with me at my next duty station. We still laughed about that night occasionally. It was funny!!! What are the odds 2 guys with those names show up at my office within 5 minutes of each other at 2am? They came from opposite sides of the country, traveled separately, had never met.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back