Long overdue! get ready to clap you stoners and herb doctors!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, after it becomes decriminalized, we need a forum for remedies and recipes containing hemp/Cannabis.
My son lives in Colorado, he could write a book!
In the beginning of legalized pot in Denver, there were around 350 stores in just Denver, not even talking about surrounding cities. Some cities did not allow pot shops in the beginning, until they realized how much money was being made from the taxes alone. Aurora was one such city, which said no to pot shops. Then they legalized them. I have met people who were afraid to go purchase pot because they knew it wasn't legal nationally, and were waiting for the busts to happen. One person has since started buying it in pot shops.

One thing relative to the marijuana industry is that the money situation is interesting. Everything is done in cash. If it is legalized nationally, then perhaps banking could be changed. I have a neighbor who is a contractor and helped develop grow houses. He got paid in $50,000 increments, all in cash, handed to him in paper bags. When you walk into a bank with that much cash, you are questioned about it.

MJ butter has been the best pain reducer that I have ever experienced, It is legal here, not sure that it really makes any difference to the amount of people who use. I never found that smoking it helped, but the edible has been very helpful, CBD (non thc) oil is very effective as a topical bruise treatment. Calling the medicinal use of a plant a Doper is about as close minded as it gets,

The only downside that nobody talks about is, all of the thugs that they sent to prison and the only thing they could bust them on was having 20 pounds of MJ to sell, will be immediately released back onto us. :(
My 18 years of the experience watching the "act" in the court system is the prosecutor offers a deal and the bad guy picks whatever crime they like better to plead guilty to. The court system is a joke and 99.997% of everything gets a plea deal because they don't have time to try every case, and quite frankly they don't want to try many cases at all, even if they had the time, because preparing for trial takes effort. Odds are those in prison are pretty bad people and if they are there only for Marijuana it is because the other charges were dropped in the plea agreement.

Back on topic...... I suspect it is only a matter of time before the feds drop it as a criminal offense, but I suspect they may replace it with something that will force you to give up some other right if you use it. We already know it is on the background check form, DOT forms for truck drivers, forms for pilots I assume, and probably many other things. Might they create a form for buying ammunition, operating heavy equipment, hunting licenses? What category of freedom might the feds want to take away from otherwise good folk?

They need the Illusion of gaining a "Majority" of voters... So thier 'Fraud-O-Matics' are not Quite-so quickly exposed

FIFY, Chief.. 👍 :rolleyes:

151f9465ff9e3c484dcd74ddb6a0fe7c.png
:mad:

MJ butter has been the best pain reducer that I have ever experienced...

^ This.. :cool:

jd

I was around it in the 1970s when I lived in California, but didn't smoke it because I liked my alcohol. For less than an ounce it was no more that a traffic fine. I didn't see anyone getting into bar fights, getting busted for driving while high, etc., so why not. That will free up law enforcement to go after the serious drugs.

480,000 people a year in the United States die from tobacco, including 40,000 from secondhand smoke. How many people die a year from alcohol???

They need voters.
And this will work.

Agreed, but that's only half of it.

The other half is 'what's next'? Fentanyl? Meth? Or any other drug out there that's keeping people 'out of their right minds'??? As long as they are still 'illegal' it's keeping it out of many hands, but if legalized then people who would never have used it will be. Does anyone really know how the brain is affected in the long term by any of these drugs, including marijuana?

Sure, when I smoked pot I thought it should be legalized, but as I've grown older I've questioned the underlying and long term effects.

And another question is, do other countries have such a drug problem as the US??? I have no doubt many of them do to some degree, but I mean to the same extent??? We've been weakened as a country/nation because of our thirst for a better high and if that's the powers that be's intention, they've succeeded.

IDK, just my .02 cents

PS........I am in no way knocking anyone that does smoke pot or even support it's legalization. And I've seen it do wonders, medicinally and my youngest son, does use it so I'm really in no position to say anything against it, but I do worry if it's really a good thing

The other half is 'what's next'? Fentanyl? Meth? Or any other drug out there that's keeping people 'out of their right minds'??? As long as they are still 'illegal' it's keeping it out of many hands, but if legalized then people who would never have used it will be. Does anyone really know how the brain is affected in the long term by any of these drugs, including marijuana?
I think that marijuana is a very different kind of drug than fentanyl and meth, heroine and others. I have always wondered how alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. I am sure there was something political in that decision and someone who profited from the situation.

One of the things about marijuana is that it makes people mellow. Another is that there are medicinal uses that are very effective.

I think that marijuana is a very different kind of drug than fentanyl and meth, heroine and others. I have always wondered how alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. I am sure there was something political in that decision and someone who profited from the situation.

One of the things about marijuana is that it makes people mellow. Another is that there are medicinal uses that are very effective.

yes agreed on all of the above. The one thing in common with all of those substances are the effects on the brain. And as I said, I do know about the medicinal effects & uses of marijuana and some other drugs as well if taken & used for those purposes.

And to take that political aspect a bit further...........why cigarettes have been hit so hard and not any of the others. Yes I know the chemicals used in producing them cause cancer, are bad for you and anyone that gets second hand smoke, etc. But they aren't 'mind altering' in anyway, don't immediately kill anyone after having smoked 1 or a whole carton........such as with alcohol or the other harder drugs do.........or maybe it's because effects of cigarettes take too long to produce a negative effect.

And to take that political aspect a bit further...........why cigarettes have been hit so hard and not any of the others. Yes I know the chemicals used in producing them cause cancer, are bad for you and anyone that gets second hand smoke, etc. But they aren't 'mind altering' in anyway, don't immediately kill anyone after having smoked 1 or a whole carton........such as with alcohol or the other harder drugs do.........or maybe it's because effects of cigarettes take too long to produce a negative effect.
Yes, another good thought. There may not be any mind altering affect in tobacco, but keep tobacco away from someone who has been a user for a long time. The addiction is real, but maybe the change in mind altering is more internal than external. I don't know. I am not a user of tobacco.

Yes, another good thought. There may not be any mind altering affect in tobacco, but keep tobacco away from someone who has been a user for a long time. The addiction is real, but maybe the change in mind altering is more internal than external. I don't know. I am not a user of tobacco.

Unfortunately I am and have been for 50 years. Not something I'm proud of that's for sure. If I weren't able to get more to feed that addiction, I know I'd be really cranky for awhile, but I wouldn't be trying to kill someone for a smoke or go thru DT's. Yes there will be withdrawl symptoms, but I don't think nearly as bad as with other stuff, such as alcohol or crack or meth or, or, or. And since marijuana isn't really a physical addiction (more psychological?) it is in it's own category and more like from cigarettes (cranky, not sure what to do with yourself, etc. but not the same level as the other stuff) and I mean that as a recreational use

They should just treat it like mushrooms. growing Shrooms is actually legal in most states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushroomGrow all you want, BUT dehydrate it and put it in a gel cap, BOOM your new room mate's name is Bubba butt breaker!
Weed ought to be the same, grow a few acres, no problem. put it in a paper, jail-time. but legal is good too.
I actually need to eat it to do my guts any good, I hate the damned coughing fits, they wreck my back.
But don't worry much, we Americans all seem to suffer from ADD and STML memory loss, Trump passed out how many
1500$ checks and amped the food stamps insane and we still got Joey jo jo, not that I don't think it was a crooked election,
but meh. come Election day, your hardcore stoners, who are notorious ingrates anyway will be having bong hits and watching
it on TV. I know a LOT of them, NONE vote. same goes for meth heads. Apathy seems to be a side effect.

People will abuse anything… even french fries! My interest is in the medicinal qualities which clearly exist. Should folks it can help be denied because of a bunch of stoners? I don’t think so. Regulate it like Dulcolax or Advil. Require a prescription if you want but don’t deny it to people who benefit from the use.

I have cfs, the last thing in the world I need is another reason to stay in my chair, its a daily struggle to stand and do something. Smoking pot is the last thing I would do. Also, 20% of the people with cfs have a big problem with drug side effects, I’m the poster child for side effects so have to use caution with any prescription I take. I learned over time that natural meds don’t cause me problems.

I came by some pot tincture years ago. It was in the form of a topical spray, contained rubbing alcohol which would evaporate. I was injured by a bull, used a walking cane for months. 30 minutes at the grocery store and I’d be in agony. But a little spry on my knee… 10min later I was pain free for a couple hours. It did not get me high or buzzed. It simply relieved my pain so I could finish shopping and get home. Advil, aspirin, even the codeine I was prescribed caused me all sorts of issues so I couldn’t take them.

This is the bull that put me in the hospital and wrecked my knee. I had just got home from the hospital, still had my wrist band. Sending people to jail who receive a medical benefit from pot is just silly… It helped me and I know it has helped others.

Crazy 02 (4).jpg

Last edited:
I have always wondered how alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't

I have always thought the fed wouldn't legalize it because they hold a patent on it, I think it's due to expire in 2025.

I could be wrong, but it has always seemed a little silly to make it an offense for the folks who like to sit around the house and chill.

People will abuse anything… even french fries! My interest is in the medicinal qualities which clearly exist. Should folks it can help be denied because of a bunch of stoners? I don’t think so. Regulate it like Dulcolax or Advil. Require a prescription if you want but don’t deny it to people who benefit from the use.

I have cfs, the last thing in the world I need is another reason to stay in my chair, its a daily struggle to stand and do something. Smoking pot is the last thing I would do. Also, 20% of the people with cfs have a big problem with drug side effects, I’m the poster child for side effects so have to use caution with any prescription I take. I learned over time that natural meds don’t cause me problems.

I came by some pot tincture years ago. It was in the form of a topical spray, contained rubbing alcohol which would evaporate. I was injured by a bull, used a walking cane for months. 30 minutes at the grocery store and I’d be in agony. But a little spry on my knee… 10min later I was pain free for a couple hours. It did not get me high or buzzed. It simply relieved my pain so I could finish shopping and get home. Advil, aspirin, even the codeine I was prescribed caused me all sorts of issues so I couldn’t take them.

This is the bull that put me in the hospital and wrecked my knee. I had just got home from the hospital, still had my wrist band. Sending people to jail who receive a medical benefit from pot is just silly… It helped me and I know it has helped others.

View attachment 83876

The RSO kept me off hard 'legal' drugs and out of the hospital before I found the Tippens protocol.
Before that I was straight as an arrow and had a hard line against breaking the law.
It's funny how being in chronic pain and dying slowly of cancer will change a mind set.
I went from a narrow minded virtute signaller to doing some actual research and I'm living breathing proof of it's pain killing
properties.
Anyone slamming the door shut on pain killing medication for chronic pain suffers needs to spend an afternoon in a palliative care ward.

I don't care if it's legal or not. If people want to smoke it, then they'll do it. If all illegal drugs would be made legal, the ATF would be laying off people.
As for me, I tried it in High School. No thanks. But I don't like getting drunk, either. I like to be aware of all that's going on around me and I can't do that if I can't think straight. I have turned down pain pills for the same reason. Pot would make me fat and stupid. I have things to do, no time for that.

The war on drugs was a joke, it was actually the war on our rights and a cover for the alphabet soup crew to bring in coke, heroin, and sex slaves.

Tinfoil hat time:
You know why nobody is allowed to do anything about border bunnies?
Know how many come here and just vanish forever and nobody cares?
Well, there's this place just up the road in area 51 that has some hungry aliens called reptilians.
Just a few miles away is a biological research lab that needs test subjects, then there are the
blood drinking Moloch worshipers in the government and all the perverts, pedophiles and
snuff freaks. they have an endless supply of playthings delivering themselves daily!

Bear in mind the folks in DC are not legalizing MJ. They are decriminalizing it. That way you have to pay fines and they can still confiscate what you have.
You still can't use it and keep your license to drive commercially or carry your gun.
Be careful out there.

Everyone here is a fairly normal person.
You are presenting rational arguments for THC.

I've been fairly quiet, but there is another side that a lot of people never see.
I make no bones about it - I'm a recovered alcoholic who stays sober by being involved with AA and by helping others who wish to get sober too.
If y'all could see the addiction side of drugs and alcohol, the misery, and all that goes with it.
Only 2 or 3 out of probably 100 ever achieve long term sobriety, and addicts are the hardest to "get it."
People scoff at the idea that pot is a "gateway drug", but I have never met anyone who started out their drug life by injecting heroin into themselves. Nope, they smoke that harmless little joint first.

So, use THC if you wish, but remember - not everyone will be able to take it or leave it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to preach, but I have seen too many ruined lives over the last 34 years.

I am one of the 10% that never used anything. My first wife was an addict - still is a practicing addict as far as I know. She smoked MJ once and never did again. Her start was alcohol and she moved on to opiates. Addicts become addicts because they run away from living. Too much fear and pain to live their life.
When my back was injured the Oxycontin I was put on worked for about an hour over the 4 hour dose. My doctor sent me to the pain clinic. They decided to put me on methadone. This is one of the most addictive drugs that exist. It takes 3 days for a change in dosage to take effect and withdrawal takes 3 to 6 months. The doctors figured I was going to be debilitated by pain for life. After 3 years of bouncing between sitting on the couch slobbering and having to take breakout opiates I decided I was done. I started reducing my dosage and waiting a few weeks and reducing it again. After 3 months I went to my doctor and told her I was off of it and would never take it again. Since then I have taken Tylenol-codeine and dropped to Tramadol. I have been using nothing but aspirin for over a year. I still hurt sometimes but I can at least enjoy my life most of the time. I can't tell you why I never got addicted - by all rights I should have - but I NEEDED to live my life and the drug didn't allow me to do that.

If anyone cares to check the time lines it's awful funny how it became illegal right as alcohol became legal again. Almost looks like someone / something wanted to be able to keep all those people working who would have otherwise lost jobs.........................

If anyone cares to check the time lines it's awful funny how it became illegal right as alcohol became legal again. Almost looks like someone / something wanted to be able to keep all those people working who would have otherwise lost jobs.........................
And that was right close to the time Big Pharma got cranked up

Latest posts

Back