My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have so many mixed emotions reading your post @Tank-Girl that I don't know which one is the "ultimate" emoji on how I feel. I "like", "love" sometimes "agree" and other times I am "saddened". It really is hard to decide on just one! Just know you have my heart, love and my prayers to overcome everyday. Just keep posting and letting us know how things are going.

No port installed today and the scan said that the obstruction has been resolved.
Praise the Lord God Almighty!!!!!
They are removing the nasal gastric tube and allowing me back on a soft diet because of the damage done to my throat.
They are also looking to air lifted me back closer to home by the Royal flying doctors to the large regional I was sent to in April for my palliative radiation.
I'm not stable enough yet to be in my small town hospital.

We will celebrate the victories as they happen as you go through this journey. No obstruction! NG tube removed! No compilations so far with the radiation!

Prayers continue, and continue some more!

And with that my nasal gastric tube is removed with significantly less trauma than it did going in!

My iv has been removed and I have my PICC line left and a sub cut butterfly in my tummy so they can give me faster working pain killer injections so they don't have to constantly stick me with needles.

I get more radiation tonight.

Today has been a huge day of change.

Most of them good.

Praise the Lord my God and my beautiful band of faithful prayer warriors.

praise YHWH ! thank you Yahshua/Jesus

Philippians 4:13​

King James Version​

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Last edited:
Tank, I was in a bad way a few years ago and had all kinds of stuff hooked up to me. Had four tubes under my chest line to keep fluid drained out of my lungs. IV on both arms, tubes sticking out of my neck, and a new nasty 4” long cut. I was scared a lot of the time because I didn’t know what had even happened. Paranoia.
The way you are able to keep on with a steady detailing is probably a great help to your stability and it comforts me knowing you still are keeping it together in your mind.

I had gone downhill fast, they said I was not going to make it. But I did not know that because I was unconscious. You’re a fighter, like me. Your Father in Heaven knows you and loves you all the time.

I'm so glad to hear you lost the NG tube. I always hated putting those in. They are a bugger to get down and they are irritating to the nose and throat.....not to mention they can be a real pain when ambulatory. But they do slide right out pretty good. Removing them was a breeze. Gargle some salt water to help your throat discomfort. Some cold pudding or ice cream will ease the discomfort as well......or at least taste good.

You'll be so glad to get that PICC line. I hope they can do it soon. It'll make your life so much easier and the medical team can rest knowing they have a port to work with if a crisis presents itself.

You will be in my prayers to Jesus again today TG. Keep fighting the good fight and we'll keep asking Jesus for the ammo that will bring down the Devil! Big cyber hugs to you!!!

Thank you all for your prayers and support.
I'm in less pain and I am starting to feel over medicated in regards to the pain killers.
I feel like I'm 2 drinks over my limit and l need to sleep it off.
I have been refusing the stronger painkillers when they're brought around.
I am slowly coming clear headed.
Hopefully the palliative care team will be around today and they can cut me right back on meds.

I see this as a huge step forward.

Praise God Lord Almighty.

You seem to be taking two steps forward and one step back. I wish it were more linear but a generally forward movement works. Prayers and love.
Speaking of which....

Taking out the nasal gastric tube was premature.
My abdomen / stomach got distended with a lot of fluid again and i started vomiting a lot.
They had to put the gn tubr back in and sent me for an exray.
Today I am booked for some scans and once again I get on the merrrygoround of seeing what the gastro surgeons say.

I'm on nil by mouth and I thInk it might be to make sure I can have surgery.

I'm a lot more comfortable since I got the tubr back.
I'm still refusing heavy pain meds and last night was one of the better nights sleep I've had.

A lot clearer in the head.

I choose to see all the little positives through the darkness.
Praise God for all these blessings.

I'm still doing it pretty tough but they are transferring me to the regional hospital tomorrow.
I still have the nasal gastric tube and will have for the the transfer.
The palliative care team have scaled back my pain killers right back and I'm clear headed again.
Back on the fentanyl patch.
It's for the best.

I've been transferred to the regional hospital by the Royal Flying Doctors.
I'm still blown away that this service is provided for free!
I'm in the oncology ward and I have a room by myself which has a pretty spectacular view.

Bo are open, pain is good and most importantly that wretched ng tube has been taken out!
Good riddance.

Tank Girl,
The Lord has you in the palm of His hand. He will carry you through.

I saw a TV series show about the Royal Flying Doctors. It was on Discovery channel here in the States. It was the first season, I am waiting for the second season. I believe it was an ACORN series from Australia.

I have been transferred to the small hospital in my small town.
I will not be getting a port because the filthy chemo has left me too frail to get one.
My whole throat from mouth to stomach is utterly raw to the point I'm having trouble with drinking water let alone tablets and more importantly FOOD!
Milanta tablets seem to be the only tiny bit of relief I can get.

Im thinking being declined the Port has been a blessing in disguise because I no longer want to have any more chemo.
I tried it,..and it has and continues to be a source of pain and suffering.

The radiation did it's job and now we wait for the next few months to see what the sting in the tail will be.

Filthy bloody chemo.
I should have listened to my gut and that still small quiet voice that said it was a bad idea.

Now my poor body has to repair the damage it has done, fight cancer all with a damaged immune system when I can hardly eat.

Latest posts

Back