My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got off the phone with Palliative Care.
They are doubling the amount of 4 hourly Sevredol/ Morphine from 10mg to 20mg and told me to take a OTC anti inflammatory.
I'm already taking 10mg of Loratadine first thing every morning. Looks like I might have to add a dose just before bed.

They also want me to go to the GP, which now has the authorization from Palliative care to prescribe more painkillers without hindrance, so I can get a script for stronger Fentanyl patches and stronger Pregabalin caps.
The Pregabalin is specifically for nerve pain.
From what I've found from Palliative Care Morphine doesn't do much for nerve and bone pain.
I found that out the hard way.
I'm still in the process of finding out what works and as I battle the disease and it progresses the pain medication
will have to be adjusted.

The WAR isn't a stationary, static thing
AS the enemy moves I have to move and adjust with it.

I just got off the phone with Palliative Care.
They are doubling the amount of 4 hourly Sevredol/ Morphine from 10mg to 20mg and told me to take a OTC anti inflammatory.
I'm already taking 10mg of Loratadine first thing every morning. Looks like I might have to add a dose just before bed.

They also want me to go to the GP, which now has the authorization from Palliative care to prescribe more painkillers without hindrance, so I can get a script for stronger Fentanyl patches and stronger Pregabalin caps.
The Pregabalin is specifically for nerve pain.
From what I've found from Palliative Care Morphine doesn't do much for nerve and bone pain.
I found that out the hard way.
I'm still in the process of finding out what works and as I battle the disease and it progresses the pain medication
will have to be adjusted.

The WAR isn't a stationary, static thing
AS the enemy moves I have to move and adjust with it.
Good info. Do warm epsom salt baths help at all? Praying you get some relief and some rest.

I doubled the Morphine tablets along with my Pregabalin and changed my patch as the Palliative care team suggested and went straight to bed.
I also took another Loratadine.
Just as well I did. IT hit pretty hard.
I forgot to take the Coloxy and Senna tablets to counteract the effects of the Morphine on my bowel.
I took them this morning when I realised but I hope I don't pay for that mistake.
I slept well.
I have a few tasks I want to get done today.
I want to put away a few shopping bags of shelf stable groceries into the pantry.
They've been sitting on the lounge room floor and I've just been too weak and tired to put them away properly.
Today's the day because I'm sick of walking around them.
I also want to check and see if the rat baits have been eaten.
We get a influx of rodents just before winter and I've heard them in my ceiling at night.
I hope the baits sort them out before the issue gets worse.

Aww. . I wish I was over there to help you out @Tank-Girl. It is challenging for you to do it all on your own.
Thank you so much!
I might be slow but I get it done eventually.

My biggest challenge is getting the 20kg / 50 odd pound bags of chicken feed out of the car.
I can normally drag it out and dump it on the removalists dolly but then I have to bucket it out
into the trash can I store it in which is just outside the gate of the chicken pen.
The day I buy feed is the same day I go to the doctors, go to the hardware store and buy groceries
so getting the fed out of the car at the end of that day is low on the list of things that need to get done.
Mainly the fridge, frozen items, fruit and veg and bakery items come inside and get put away before I have to go
and take some pain killers and lay down.
pantry items make it inside the next day and then the chicken feed gets dealt with if I have the strength and energy
and the chickens have enough food in the trash can to see them through.
If they don't, well, I just suck it up and get the feed moved.

Thank you so much!
I might be slow but I get it done eventually.

My biggest challenge is getting the 20kg / 50 odd pound bags of chicken feed out of the car.
I can normally drag it out and dump it on the removalists dolly but then I have to bucket it out
into the trash can I store it in which is just outside the gate of the chicken pen.
The day I buy feed is the same day I go to the doctors, go to the hardware store and buy groceries
so getting the fed out of the car at the end of that day is low on the list of things that need to get done.
Mainly the fridge, frozen items, fruit and veg and bakery items come inside and get put away before I have to go
and take some pain killers and lay down.
pantry items make it inside the next day and then the chicken feed gets dealt with if I have the strength and energy
and the chickens have enough food in the trash can to see them through.
If they don't, well, I just suck it up and get the feed moved.
You would have a bunch of us constantly at your house if you lived in the states! You would sick of us helping you😉😃🤔🤣

Today I'm buying a new bar fridge.
The old one is leaking and the seals have given out and there are huge puddles of water on the floor.
I'm only a single person so I don't need a full sized fridge and a bar fridge will be cheaper to run AND it
will save me money on groceries by not over spending because I only have a small amount of space.
It's also a bonus to clean out all the junk food and start fresh.
The awesome organic health food store gets their delivery of organic fruits and veggies tomorrow so it's perfect timing.
I have already done my homework on which one I'm going to buy on the On-line store of a white goods store.
They also have a physical store in my town and they show that the fridge that I want is in stock.
I looked up the measurements and weight of the fridge from the on-line store and then I measured the the trunk area of my car with the back seats folded up.
It'll fit!
Its weight is 21 kgs. So it's as heavy as a bag of chicken feed.

I haven't brought any appliances for a number of years and as they died and because I couldn't afford to
I simply didn't replace them.
Today I think I'm going to buy an electric kettle and a food processor.
I had been heating my water for tea using a pot on a portable electric hotplate or using the microwave.
It'll be nice to have a kettle that heats water quickly.
For the food processor, well I want to make this Jamie Oliver salad and it's so colourful and the pieces are
small and so it'll fit nicely into rice paper rolls with prawns or some flaked grilled fish.
This is the recipe.
I wanted to get it off the Jamie Oliver YT channel but I couldn't find it so I found it on a South Korean channel of all places!

TG, I'd extend an offer for you to live here in Alamo, no strings attached, but I don't think ya want ObamaCare... no future in that BS. 😒

Still, the offer stands, because I'm that sorta guy, lol... a man of my word until the day I die, yeah? 😬
This is such an amazing place!! Wingnut, you are so cool!! So many good folks here!!♥️♥️

I wasn't BSing, TG is welcome here, and she can have the north end of the home, but she has to get along with cats, lol. :oops:

Don't want any cat haters on my property, they won't LAST, they'll get drop-kicked like I'm STARRIN' in the NFL, lol... :rolleyes:

The busthead cider & tequila concoction I'm now drinking for my stiff back will probably scare her off anyway, lol... ;)

Good news is that my back already feels better, lol... "DAMMIT, BOY!!!" :cool:

Last edited:
I wasn't BSing, TG is welcome here, and she can have the north end of the home, but she has to get along with cats, lol. :oops:

Don't want any cat haters on my property, they won't last, lol... ;)

The busthead cider & tequila concoction I'm now drinking for my stiff back will probably scare her off anyway, lol... :rolleyes:
I KNOW you mean it!!♥️♥️

Don't want any cat haters on my property, they won't last, lol... ;)

The busthead cider & tequila concoction I'm now drinking for my stiff back will probably scare her off anyway, lol... :rolleyes:
I think the thought of Pearl and I there together to take care of her was appropriate desensitization for just about anything 😂

I KNOW you mean it!!♥️♥️

Damn right I do... TG is a WARRIOR QUEEN, somebody I can respect & admire! I just Googled a book which I once read, it was titled LIVING IN THE LIGHT, written by some gal who was clued in hard. Y'all can laugh at me if ya wish, but my offer was sincere, same way it was sincere when I told Magus he could get his act together here at the ol' hacienda. That offer still stands as well, though Magus would be better off bringing Winnie here and parking her near the line o' pine trees on the west side of my home. Meh, a man can only do so much, and this ol' hacienda sees plenty o' grilling and partying, lol. So if those SELECT FEW INDIVIDUALS to whom I tender an offer choose NOT to accept, that's okay, lol. I'm still the property owner, free & clear, and I'll go on grilling & partying, LOL. :cool:

Y'all ever get a chance to read that book, LIVING IN THE LIGHT, I highly recommend it... I believe the same gal wrote a book titled CREATIVE VISUALIZATION, but I'm not 100% sure, aye? Either book is excellent, 10-4? :thumbs:

The question is....do I get to shoot moose, bears, deer and varmints?

I promise not to drink Bud Lite or Bud anything, or Coke or watch anything remotely associated with Disney or drive on the wrong side of the road.
I'll prob. buy my weight in toilet paper, rice, beans, ammo and Brie cheese at Costco or Walmart.
Why do I need ammo?
Well varmints aren't going to shoot themselves!

Latest posts

Back