Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
180 days and counting...ahh...

Bee2.jpg

Pink is my least favourite fresh salmon, but canned it really doesn't make a lot of difference. I've canned my own for so long I don't remember buying, or my parents buying, canned salmon in the store.

Pink is my least favourite fresh salmon, but canned it really doesn't make a lot of difference. I've canned my own for so long I don't remember buying, or my parents buying, canned salmon in the store.

Salmon patties caused my parents to lie to me as a kid .

They told me it was a hamburger.

Jim

Salmon patties caused my parents to lie to me as a kid .

They told me it was a hamburger.

Jim
Funny! Wouldn't have worked around my house, we were commercial fishermen and salmon patties were a treat. You remember Forest Gump's friend? Shrimp this and shrimp that? Replace it with salmon.

Funny! Wouldn't have worked around my house, we were commercial fishermen and salmon patties were a treat. You remember Forest Gump's friend? Shrimp this and shrimp that? Replace it with salmon.

Mom and dad were share croppers. Couldn't afford ground beef...so a can of salmon made patties like burgers..

I still like them once in a while .
Thin egg and flourbbatter , seasoned ..fried. oh yeah.

Jim

Mom and dad were share croppers. Couldn't afford ground beef...so a can of salmon made patties like burgers..

I still like them once in a while .
Thin egg and flourbbatter , seasoned ..fried. oh yeah.

Jim
My Grandma made fish patties but she used mackerel most of the time. It was pretty good. I haven't had it since I was a kid.
I might have to buy a can and try it.

Fried bologna is good stuff. I like the thick sliced better than the thin.

Nice 4 point having a ball! There is one I've almost hit twice in the last two weeks. He looks healthy. He's been sleeping behind a place I call the "sand hill" at the edge of one of our pastures. If he's decided to take up residence I hope he makes it through hunting season... until I need him.

Latest posts

Back