Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how the dogs react when the kid isn't feeling well.

0629191723a-1-1.jpg

I also have an old Canon PC1130. It still takes great pictures, but I like the different lenses for the Nikon.

I have a few lenses, But my favorites are a 28-300 and a 120-500 mm lenses . Other than low light conditions I can shoot just about anything with them. I used the long lens to shoot the eclipse. I do have a 50mm fixed lens with a 1.4 aperature. Works awesome for low light, or for indoor events (wedding, reunions, parties, etc)
I have found the use of a tripod makes such a huge difference, I don't like shooting without one. But it does take a while to set up and get a good shot.

I have a few lenses, But my favorites are a 28-300 and a 120-500 mm lenses . Other than low light conditions I can shoot just about anything with them. I used the long lens to shoot the eclipse. I do have a 50mm fixed lens with a 1.4 aperature. Works awesome for low light, or for indoor events (wedding, reunions, parties, etc)
I have found the use of a tripod makes such a huge difference, I don't like shooting without one. But it does take a while to set up and get a good shot.
I like the instant shots. Just take a picture of whatever I see at the moment. That is how I got the butterfly pictures.

I'm really thinking about selling. I have a D5600 and a D7500. Thinking about getting a D500 or maybe D5...... I'm just a novice but having a lot of fun. Here's a butterfly and my Egret buddies. Just learning how to go full manual....... I don't use any software yet but I'm not against it. I do crop.....
JCS_0934.JPG
JCS_0931.JPG
JCS_0927.JPG
JCS_0915.JPG
JCS_0904.JPG
JCS_0903.JPG
JCS_0941.JPG

I've never learned to use photoshop or any software. I just try and take my time to compose the picture I want. Try to always use a tripod if possible. I also have a remote shutter release so I'm not moving the camera. I do use manual mode, or at least aperture or shutter priority 90% of the time. Rarely do I use full auto mode. I like being able to control one or both settings to be able to control how the pic will look, such as using a slow shutter speed (less than 1/60 of a second or slower) to make a creek look like it's flowing, or something really fast (like 1/500 or faster) to freeze a jet going by at an air show. I enjoy shooting lakes, creeks, and rivers both to show where they are and at times for reflections on them.
You can also play around with the aperture to create or take away "depth of field". This will either bring so much of the picture into focus or cut it down to only what you are exactly focused on. It takes some practice to figure out what does what, but that is part of the fun.

I've never learned to use photoshop or any software. I just try and take my time to compose the picture I want. Try to always use a tripod if possible. I also have a remote shutter release so I'm not moving the camera. I do use manual mode, or at least aperture or shutter priority 90% of the time. Rarely do I use full auto mode. I like being able to control one or both settings to be able to control how the pic will look, such as using a slow shutter speed (less than 1/60 of a second or slower) to make a creek look like it's flowing, or something really fast (like 1/500 or faster) to freeze a jet going by at an air show. I enjoy shooting lakes, creeks, and rivers both to show where they are and at times for reflections on them.
You can also play around with the aperture to create or take away "depth of field". This will either bring so much of the picture into focus or cut it down to only what you are exactly focused on. It takes some practice to figure out what does what, but that is part of the fun.
I did buy this. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1284444-REG/3_legged_thing_travis_aluminum_travel_tripod.html
And I have Lightroom CC but I haven't learned how to use it yet. I agree it's a lot of fun learning all the settings and I've screwed up hundreds of photos just practicing but the beauty of digital you can just delete and move on.

Good lookin tripod. I have a Bogen I've had for years. I have a couple different heads for it. I'd hate to take a guess at how many bad shots I've took over the years. But they are worth it when you get that one that is really good. But sometimes it's all about timing, right place, right time. Digital is much less expensive to shoot lots of pics with. But I do like the look of slide film better for enlargments. I think the colors are just so much richer and grain structure tighter.

I have no interest in Photoshop. I get whatever I get.

Above our means, gave a man $2000.00 cash to take the dept. Nothing wrong with it but just never traveled enough to use it.

3GeOntt.jpg

More our style and resource, loved it and miss it a lot!
2W1ZHMV.jpg

Built it from yellow bus inside and out,took us a few years then practically gave it away. First time I was litterily put under a bus, holding bolts while taking out the seats. Loved driving sitting in my captains chair.

FrzwMPx.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back