Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my Mother's treadle machine, which is now one of my treasured heirlooms. It needs to be cleaned up some, with a new belt, etc. I can't wait to use it!
treadle machine 1a.jpg
treadle machine 2a.jpg

This was my Mother's treadle machine, which is now one of my treasured heirlooms. It needs to be cleaned up some, with a new belt, etc. I can't wait to use it!
View attachment 11283 View attachment 11285
There is a singer site that you can plug in the serial number and it will tell you what year it was made. I have my great-gma's and love it. Stitches like a dream.

View attachment 11283 View attachment 11285

I used to sit on the back side of my grandmothers and pedal for her. I never paid attention to the sewing, I was usually reading a book. She had a huge Louis L'Amour collection.

There is a singer site that you can plug in the serial number and it will tell you what year it was made. I have my great-gma's and love it. Stitches like a dream.

Yes, mine dates to 1911, made in Elizabeth, NJ. It has the Red Eye decals, but I am thinking to restore the machine, I am going to have to replace the decals, and they are really pricy!

@rusty also I still use a real camera Nikon D3100 camera and use Picasa photo editing software available free online to edit my photos with.
I don't edit any photos. Whatever I get, I get.

Don't want any wild turkeys here as they rip up all your vegetable patches although they are beautiful @hiwall. We already have a swamp wallaby that is digging up the trench composted vegetable and fruit peelings in the gardens.

They are just "pre-stuffing" themselves for your dinner.

If we do get a wild turkey in our property it will make a lovely addition to the freezer @Terri9630 and @Amish Heart.

@hiwall you are safe for now but come breeding season the males build the biggest nests to impress the female turkeys and then your vegetables and anything in their path is gone into the incubation mound. They can defoliate your whole property. I have seen them build nests about 4 foot plus high. They can build them up to 4 metres wide and 2 metres tall.

Yes it would, Sewing. The wild ones around here, though, seem to be mostly worth the breast meat because they are leggy. But just taking the breast and upper thigh maybe is still good meat. They are built different than the meat turkeys I'm raising, where there's meat on the whole bird. Smoking the turkey breast on a wild turkey is very yummy.

If we do get a wild turkey in our property it will make a lovely addition to the freezer @Terri9630 and @Amish Heart.

@hiwall you are safe for now but come breeding season the males build the biggest nests to impress the female turkeys and then your vegetables and anything in their path is gone into the incubation mound. They can defoliate your whole property. I have seen them build nests about 4 foot plus high. They can build them up to 4 metres wide and 2 metres tall.
I always have freezer space so I am not worried.:)

Me too. D7500 Nikon with multiple different lenses..... I am almost never without it anymore. Just so much more fun ... Some great pics. There Rusty ..

My go to is a Nikon D70S. Wife uses a D50.
I still like the pics I got with my Nikon N5 film camera. Much better quality IMO. Always shoot Fuji Velvia 50 unless I was going for B&W.

My go to is a Nikon D70S. Wife uses a D50.
I still like the pics I got with my Nikon N5 film camera. Much better quality IMO. Always shoot Fuji Velvia 50 unless I was going for B&W.
I also have an old Canon PC1130. It still takes great pictures, but I like the different lenses for the Nikon.

Latest posts

Back