Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toby, on a gray and dampish day in the Moors of Ohio :)

1670440938161.png

His white is so white!! I had a white pony when I was a kid, what a job keeping her white. I traded her for a sorrel horse!!
That was after the horse wash and wax :D

1670532844268.png

I bought a box of those when I put the headliner in my 69 Nova.
They worked great to hold the headliner in place while the glue sets.
$20 for a box of 144 so I have a bunch of them in the shop.
They weren't the "Rurt-Rerurtant" variety however.
I use them now to close up bags of chips and things that come in envelopes like taco seasoning.

I use them now to close up bags of chips and things
My current need for them is to hang my new laminated wall map. I don't want to poke holes in the map or mess with tape/putty that will pull the paint off the walls despite what the advertisements say. I went for the overkill size (for map hanging anyway) of 1.25" so that I could use some of them for bag clips too. The 1.25" size works well for bag clips - I already have some in use for that purpose.

They also work good in cars when the shoulder seatbelts age and become like boa constrictors. The belts tighten and tighten on every bump in the road, but don't release their squeeze when you slowly try to pull slack back into the belt like they're supposed to. With these clips, you get your seatbelt adjusted to a comfy tightness, then use a clip up where it goes into its retracter mechanism or guide loop to keep it from retracting further and choking the snot out of you. Seems like in all my cars, the seatbelts start out as "automatic adjustment" but eventually turn into a one-way ratchet over time.

My current need for them is to hang my new laminated wall map. I don't want to poke holes in the map or mess with tape/putty that will pull the paint off the walls despite what the advertisements say. I went for the overkill size (for map hanging anyway) of 1.25" so that I could use some of them for bag clips too. The 1.25" size works well for bag clips - I already have some in use for that purpose.

They also work good in cars when the shoulder seatbelts age and become like boa constrictors. The belts tighten and tighten on every bump in the road, but don't release their squeeze when you slowly try to pull slack back into the belt like they're supposed to. With these clips, you get your seatbelt adjusted to a comfy tightness, then use a clip up where it goes into its retracter mechanism or guide loop to keep it from retracting further and choking the snot out of you. Seems like in all my cars, the seatbelts start out as "automatic adjustment" but eventually turn into a one-way ratchet over time.
I use them in the garden to hold plastic sheeting on cages to create cold frames. Also used to clip deer netting on the top to keep small birds from eating seed sprouts.

The ones I have do rust and limits there life to about 7-10 years.

Ben

I bought a box of those when I put the headliner in my 69 Nova.
They worked great to hold the headliner in place while the glue sets.
$20 for a box of 144 so I have a bunch of them in the shop.
They weren't the "Rurt-Rerurtant" variety however.
I use them now to close up bags of chips and things that come in envelopes like taco seasoning.
♥️♥️♥️Nova

Latest posts

Back