Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAM_0255.JPG

Mom's computer died. Wouldn't even light up or power on. I went to look at it to see what the problem was:
1708979506253.png

Roaches were dancing a jig on her graphics card and were piled up around her psu.
1708979542113.png

1708979581825.png

1708979598307.png
1708979625231.png

I gloved up and got my shopvac out with a handmade attachment made from foam board, hot glue, and a straw. Sucked up everything I could get and chased the roaches around sucking them up. I got every single one of those little bastards that I could find.
After the first round of vacuuming it looked like this (I wiped some stuff down afterward)
1708979759754.png

It looks cleaner now but I didn't get a photo. It's still toast though. Her new one is fancy and came with a mouse and keyboard. We're going to use mesh screens to seal up everything we can and will put peppermint oil on it to deter the roaches. Also sprayed roach spray where the computer sits and vacuumed that space out.

As a palate cleanser, here is a screenshot of a dog lying on its back eating treats from a bowl on its belly while watching videos on a tablet
1708980177919.png

I think you've isolated the bugs in your mom's PC. 🤪

That's just nasty. It reminds me of my first year living in Baltimore. The place I was renting was roach-infested and one day I couldn't see the display in the microwave because it was completely blocked by roaches who were sitting between the display and the outer plastic screen. I moved to a new place pretty soon after that and made sure no roaches hitched a ride on my stuff.

Has your mom given though to bug-bombing her place? It's a pain to have to clean everything afterward, but if the PC is full or roaches, I can only imagine they're everywhere else, too.

Too many people for me, but I bet the acoustics were fabulous in that place!

ETA: I was scrolling up so then saw your first post stating they were awful 😂 Sorry - but glad you had fun.

Remember what a school hallway full of students sounds like? Voices become indistinguishable and the sound is a dull roar. Put 3 or 4 groups of pickers in the hall or side rooms, same roar! It's a struggle to hear a musical instrument 10ft away. :(

View attachment 125144
An ad for this place came up today; I would give an awful lot to be back in May of 1994, on the back of bike, at Deals Gap. Gorgeous place

I agree. I've been twice. Back in 2014 I lead a group of seven bikes down from MA and then we did it again in 2022 with five bikes and one trike. So many great roads and wonderful places to visit.

2022 July Tail of the Dragon Adventure (53).JPG

This photo was on the Moonshiner 28, about a half mile from the intersection of Routes 28 and 129.

2022 July Tail of the Dragon Adventure (170).JPG

This picture is heading south on Route 129 as we entered NC from TN, mile zero on the Dragon map.

I think you've isolated the bugs in your mom's PC. 🤪

That's just nasty. It reminds me of my first year living in Baltimore. The place I was renting was roach-infested and one day I couldn't see the display in the microwave because it was completely blocked by roaches who were sitting between the display and the outer plastic screen. I moved to a new place pretty soon after that and made sure no roaches hitched a ride on my stuff.

Has your mom given though to bug-bombing her place? It's a pain to have to clean everything afterward, but if the PC is full or roaches, I can only imagine they're everywhere else, too.
The living room is infested with them and they spread to the kitchen. I've sprayed roach spray but we have pets and have to be careful. The living room is really full of trash. My brother was supposed to clean it up and take the trash out but he never did even though he promised to. I haven't been able to keep up with Mom's trash and how she throws trash around in the room and keeps food at her desk and stuff. I want to burn her desk. Need to take everything off it and use roach spray. Need to get all of the trash out and then bug bomb in each room and find a safe place for the cats to stay while we bomb the kitchen.

Mom's new PC had these slits for vents where roaches could hide. And yes, that is the reflection of a cat face on the glass. Vents were on both sides. As you can see, I put tape over the ports on the top to keep stuff out.
1709064030661.png

Photo of that side didn't turn out well so this is the other side- I taped dust screen over.
1709064159987.png
Dust screen and tape all around the psu area.
1709064228673.png
Dust screen secured with magnets but reinforced with electrical tape and ports covered. I ended up covering one more USB port (thought I had 4 things to plugin but only had 3) and had the wrong HDMI port covered.
1709064333047.png
I had to remove the tape from the HDMI port above the center screen. Had to tape over some slots and such next to it.
1709064442261.png
1709064358444.png

The bottom already had dust screen but it had gaps and moved around too easily, so I taped it and taped over unused screw holes. The duct tape was put on by my friend to cover another opening.
1709064533170.png

Lotta history in there My Family lived In Franklin County Al When It, Tishomingo County MS and Hardin County, TN were part of the Nations, I was in McNairy, Hardin Co TN and Alcorn Co, Ms part of the 60s and 70s. Shiloh is one of the best sites around, there they changed Ft Robinette at the RR xing In Corinth, MS. so much it is unrecognizable.

Lotta history in there My Family lived In Franklin County Al When It, Tishomingo County MS and Hardin County, TN were part of the Nations, I was in McNairy, Hardin Co TN and Alcorn Co, Ms part of the 60s and 70s. Shiloh is one of the best sites around, there they changed Ft Robinette at the RR xing In Corinth, MS. so much it is unrecognizable.

My family has been in west alabama since the 1820's, the other side was Chickasaw, not sure how long they were here. 🤣

I'm a military history buff. For a time i lived near manchester tn. Birth place of nathan bedford forrest, didn't know that when i moved there. I found a copy of his book (semi-autobiographical) in a very old Nashville book store. It details every battle he was in, even the skirmishes. The book isn't political, it's military, written by two of his generals after the war, edited by him. It's about his campaigns and cavalry.

The area between Mount eagle and nashville changed hands many times in the civil war and Forrest was there. I'd take that book and walk battlefields, more than a dozen battles were within 10 miles of Manchester. Tullahoma changed hands 3 times. And of course there's Shiloh. Gives more meaning to history when you can walk the battlefield and read about it in detail. Here's the book on the right...

Tactics (3) sm.JPG

My family has been in west alabama since the 1820's, the other side was Chickasaw, not sure how long they were here. 🤣

I'm a military history buff. For a time i lived near manchester tn. Birth place of nathan bedford forrest, didn't know that when i moved there. I found a copy of his book (semi-autobiographical) in a very old Nashville book store. It details every battle he was in, even the skirmishes. The book isn't political, it's military, written by two of his generals after the war, edited by him. It's about his campaigns and cavalry.

The area between Mount eagle and nashville changed hands many times in the civil war and Forrest was there. I'd take that book and walk battlefields, more than a dozen battles were within 10 miles of Manchester. Tullahoma changed hands 3 times. And of course there's Shiloh. Gives more meaning to history when you can walk the battlefield and read about it in detail. Here's the book on the right...

View attachment 125297
I bet that book about Forrest battles is great. I've got a couple about him. They sure hold your interest.
I really need to go to Shiloh sometime. I've been to Chickamauga many times. Its quite an area. I'm sure Shiloh is as well.

I was born in Knoxville, Tn. the other side of the family is from WNC Newland, Banner Elk, Grandfather Mountain area. Some from Eastern side of NC too around Whiteville.

Lived and worked all over the Southern states and all the way west to Kansas city for regular working.

Never spent a lot of time west of the Mississippi river though, too many ties dragging you back ya know, I have a big extended family.

My favorite maternal uncle was in Texas for years though and he is buried all alone in Dallas now, the rest of his family moved back to my aunts family In Nola, Covington, LA area.

In Memphis, Tn. NS Railway renamed and eventually closed down the Forrest Rail Yard.

The park with Nathan Bedford Forrest's statue was ripped apart and he was exhumed and his history was twisted and he was slandered by many news sources with an agenda.

I prefer Truth whatever it may be to agenda driven narratives, but that seems to be the only thing you can get from most sources today.

This is a CP of the photo from this article link.
Code:
https://hyperallergic.com/332545/tennessee-commission-rejects-citys-request-to-remove-monument-to-first-grand-wizard-of-kkk/
1709213639649.png

Latest posts

Back