Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this one.
1711142399635.png

I hate cardinals (and blue jays and woodpeckers but those are for another reason)!

Cardinals seem to like to attack other cardinals, including their own reflection in a window.

They peck and bang against our house windows constantly. They use our vehicle mirrors as their stoop to attack the house windows. While sitting on the mirrors, they A) crap all over it and B) peck at and attack their own reflection in the vehicles mirror. My daughter just spent nearly $40K on a brand new SUV last week. There's bird crap all over her brand new vehicle. Grrrr
Oh my! When I fed birds, there were about a dozen cardinals right outside my window at the feeding spot and they never fought or came at the window. They were well=behaved. I fed stellar jays in Washington. They fought over food and yelled at each other. And in Washington I had a reflective window and the little yellow finches admired themselves on the outside of the window while the cat tried to attack them from the inside. Now that was a sight to behold!

I stopped feeding the birds here in OK when our neighbors abandoned their outdoor cat and we took it. I just couldn't make him be an indoor kitty and I didn't want to lure birds to feed him. He was a hunter. Plus, we had a hawk that watched our bird area from a tree. I saw that hawk munching on a bird near our porch. I know nature, but there are some things I don't want to be witness to.

My hunter boy Tiggy.
tiggy.jpg

Cows grazing this afternoon... Grass is just starting to put up. The last 2 years spring was late by a month. Grass didn't grow until the 1st of may which gives spring weeds a big head start. The pastures are looking good though. So glad my cousin is taking care of the farm, he's doing a great job.

20240324_spnggrass40.jpg
20240324_spnggrass51.jpg

This is in North Alabama a few years ago as the rail switching yard was built for the Toyota - Mazda plant.

IMG_0298.JPG

The track to the right of the picture is the Norfolk Southern Mainline that runs Between Stevenson, Alabama, and Memphis, Tennessee.

The milepost for the A line start in Bristol, Va. and ends at (3rd st) B.B. King Blvd. and the 6 railroad tracks come together to go to Kentucky Street in Memphis, Tn. and cross the Mississippi River Bridge.

This picture is around MP 352A MP to 354A MP.

Last edited:
The lack of value for the training and work that teachers do. Just make sandwiches at Subway. No student debt, no long hours at home planning and then checking work.

View attachment 127114
What's the difference in bene packages?

ETA: Popped back in as I feel I should back that statement up a little. I have my teaching degree and was in the schools (it's been a while now). Even then, admin dictated what was taught. Why can't a teacher inject his/her own curriculum if it's accurate? Also, securing a position was like winning the lottery. It wasn't about the hourly rate, but all the benes. including summers off (which I admittedly enjoyed). The majority of teachers were hired based on their last name not on their qualifications.
That said, I very much believe in education! I just don't believe that is what is happening in schools.

Last edited:
If you like Maggie Smith, you should watch the movie Murder By Death.
This is the blower motor assembly from my central AC's air handling unit. I didn't take a photo of it when they took it out, They re-used the outside part and changed the insides. That sucker was pretty large. I was nervous that it was going to chip one of the eggshell paintings.
1711660379912.png

Latest posts

Back