Prayer request

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update
my brother alan is very very ill. can not walk can barely stand, even a walker is too difficult. bad form of neuropathy but his brain stem where the spinal cord is attached seems to be damage. doc thinks its his alcohol and smoking and nasty chem filled quickie food diet. big drinker and smoker.

i believe he is slowly dying, on purpose.
broken spirit
im praying God intervenes and saves him one way r another
otheir things going on in him, ill know more with more test results wed
Continued prayers!!

Prayers up 🙏. For anyone suffering out there no matter what the issue is. I recommend watching Post Traumatic winning. Mac is a Retired Marine Corps Officer and a friend of one of my former and favorite Company Commanders. S/FI! Love y'all

My turn.
My buddy fell getting out of his car 2 days ago.
He hooked his right foot in the door jam and fell onto his left hip.
He is in the hospital with multiple stable fractures of his pelvis.
No surgery planned for now.
He turns 73 in March.
In a matter of a couple of seconds his life has taken a drastic turn for the worse.
He's already had both knees and a shoulder replaced now this happens.
Old bones heal very slowly.
On top of this new problem he has gained a bunch of weight since he retired a few years ago so it's really bad news.
His house is not set up for any kind of disability so he'll probably have to go to a rehab facility.
He does not have the temperament to be in any type of facility. It's going to be a real stressful time for him and any staff that has to deal with him.
After he fell his wife flagged down a County cop that was driving by and they got him off the ground and into the house.
She called me to cancel our lunch plans. I told her he needed to go to the hospital. She didn't call 911 she called ambulance company and got voice mails and no person luckily.
I called back and told her to call 911 so she finally did.
That woman is a real airhead.

Every tragedy has a purpose. I do not believe in circumstances by any means. Yes, sometime life just happens but any real tragedy WILL have a purpose. Sometimes that purpose is to change the life of the person that was the victim of what happened and sometimes God uses what happened to the victim to turn someone else around. The one thing I try to remember about God is that He is the one that gives and takes life but at the same time I do believe that he created all life to be eternal. My prayer is this:

Lord, I pray that you give comfort to this man's family as they grieve their loss.
I pray that they see You and get closer to you because of his death.
I pray that he knew you and gave his life to you so that he is now with You forever.
For everyone that is not in the best health that reads this, I pray that you seek help and listen and get into better health if you know that you are not doing your best and that you CAN do better to be healthy and strong.

This man died at a very young age. Keep him alive by getting closer to God. Give his life a much greater meaning than he may have ever known could happen.

update
my brother alan is very very ill. can not walk can barely stand, even a walker is too difficult. bad form of neuropathy but his brain stem where the spinal cord is attached seems to be damage. doc thinks its his alcohol and smoking and nasty chem filled quickie food diet. big drinker and smoker.

i believe he is slowly dying, on purpose.
broken spirit
im praying God intervenes and saves him one way r another
otheir things going on in him, ill know more with more test results wed
Recently, I have had a few people tell me about losing someone, who lived similar lifestyles. It is sad when people have missed the idea of taking care of themselves. Prayers for Alan.

My turn.
My buddy fell getting out of his car 2 days ago.
He hooked his right foot in the door jam and fell onto his left hip.
He is in the hospital with multiple stable fractures of his pelvis.
No surgery planned for now.
He turns 73 in March.
In a matter of a couple of seconds his life has taken a drastic turn for the worse.
He's already had both knees and a shoulder replaced now this happens.
Old bones heal very slowly.
On top of this new problem he has gained a bunch of weight since he retired a few years ago so it's really bad news.
His house is not set up for any kind of disability so he'll probably have to go to a rehab facility.
He does not have the temperament to be in any type of facility. It's going to be a real stressful time for him and any staff that has to deal with him.
After he fell his wife flagged down a County cop that was driving by and they got him off the ground and into the house.
She called me to cancel our lunch plans. I told her he needed to go to the hospital. She didn't call 911 she called ambulance company and got voice mails and no person luckily.
I called back and told her to call 911 so she finally did.
That woman is a real airhead.
Prayers.

Update on my friend.
He's still in a lot of pain when he moves either leg.
He broke his pelvis in 5 places, 2 up high, 2 in the middle and 1 down low.
He's going to be in the hospital for a month or more. Old brittle bones take time healing.
So far he is accepting his situation but I'm sure he'll get testy before it's all done.

Well my friend that broke his pelvis in 5 places now has Covid.:(
Hospitals are not a good place to be for healthy folks.
If things don't start getting better for all of us we're going to need a group prayer list. :)
Prayers to everyone even those that don't need it right now.
Continued prayers for your friend!! Hope he gets through all this soon!!

Well my friend that broke his pelvis in 5 places now has Covid.:(
Hospitals are not a good place to be for healthy folks.
If things don't start getting better for all of us we're going to need a group prayer list. :)
Prayers to everyone even those that don't need it right now.
Wow!
Prayers for your friend BL.

thank you so much for the prayers.
fire is almost out now.

some idiots dumped their wood stove ash and coals into a fire pit that has stuff in it. somehow they were shocked to find that coals can ignite brush in a fire pit. and the wind can spread it.

it spread to over an acre fast but the guys got it.
thanks be to God.

this one was very close. sigh. this cause of fire in the winter is very common.

Soliciting prayers and good thoughts for my friend and colleagues family.
Saturday afternoon he was out riding his bike and somehow turned left in front of a semi truck (according to the report) and was killed instantly. I have a hard time believing this as he was an avid cycler and very careful.
He was a homesteader, left behind a wife and 3 kids.
Absolute completely tragic and all of us are just reeling with the news. I knew him for 10 years.

Latest posts

Back